Confused about the live stream section...

PNC_Supremacy

[08] Mercenary
Hi all, was just curious about something. My channel has been submitted, approved and is on the list of live streams. But when I stream SCV. It does not show up here on 8wayrun. I would just like to know why this might be? I use the Elgato HD Capture device. Might that be the reason? Thanks for any help.

Hi all, was just curious about something. My channel has been submitted, approved and is on the list of live streams. But when I stream SCV. It does not show up here on 8wayrun. I would just like to know why this might be? I use the Elgato HD Capture device. Might that be the reason? Thanks for any help.
Basically, you have to post the stream when it goes live somewhere on the site. In the stream thread, in chat, on your status, it doesn't matter. That gets it to show up right away.

Are you playing Soulcalibur or another fighting game such as DOA or Tekken? I believe that it only showcases streams that are playing on 3D fighters.

Refer to this thread: http://8wayrun.com/threads/guide-get-your-channel-added-to-the-live-stream-list.15910/

I don't think the capture device being used would cause a problem.
I only play Soulcalibur for this site. If I played something else, I kind of would expect it not to show up. I'm not entirely sure. Maybe it's Twitch being stupid...

Also, I always post it on my status for the main reason of it never showing up. So I dont know what's up. I'll try and make a thread for it. See if that helps.

What is your channel name?

One thing that our system does that almost no other system does is respect Twitch.TV privacy settings.

If you go here: http://www.twitch.tv/settings/videos

There is a setting called "Prevent Embedding: Do not allow anyone to embed your video". If this is checked, you will NEVER show up here on 8wayrun. Why? Because you checked that we can't embed your stream. While yes, technically we can very easily ignore the setting and embed your stream anyways; we respect your privacy settings.

Back