Considering the Past of the Series What do You Hope For the Art Direction in VI

So far I like what is see in sc6. it reminds me of sc1 and 2 .

I'm hoping I get to see more remastered stages from sc1. Like harbor of souls (the Indian port.) would be AWSOME to see.
Also thx for starting a new thread the sc6 thread is an utter mess. I haven't posted there and don't intend to. It's too negative for me.

I wouldn't mind to revisit a few stages, but the thing I'm looking forward the most is to see in what direction they will shape the designs of the newer characters, I'm sure we will get 2 or 3 characters in January.

For art direction I am really loving what they did with SCVI's display screens. I like the old fashioned banners, test and beige coloring. I also like the modified design made to Sophitia's costume with the reef on her head and the embroideries on her skirt and boots. I like that the character art has a symbol behind the characters to represent or reflect their motif. It does remind me of SCI a bit as well. I also like the way they used the old-fashioned European maps for the storymode check-points in SCV and for the mission mode in SCI.

I can't say too much on costumes, I just hope they remake them alike the comparisons in what they did with SCIII, as mentioned with the concept art for short-haired Siegfried, single-horned nightmare, Kilik & Xianghua. Their designs already looked like updates to the designs in SCI. Though if they are redoing events from SCI I wouldn't want it to look to different.

As for character models, I am only disappointed that the just reused Sophitia's face model from the last game and didn't modify it to look like her character art. I just think her youth looks more apparent in it with the rounder face, rounder eyes on it. Mitsurugi was a good remodel where he looks very close to his SCI design. To keep my thoughts objective, it would be cool if they just remodeled the faces to look closer to their SCI designs as well. Though not likely.

As for character models, I am only disappointed that the just reused Sophitia's face model from the last game and didn't modify it to look like her character art. I just think her youth looks more apparent in it with the rounder face, rounder eyes on it. Mitsurugi was a good remodel where he looks very close to his SCI design. To keep my thoughts objective, it would be cool if they just remodeled the faces to look closer to their SCI designs as well. Though not likely.

I've been looking at SC4 Sophitia and I think there are slight changes between then and SC6.
Her nose, eyebrows, and lips seem different. Her face also looks a bit longer.
Or maybe I'm looking too hard...

Sophitia-soulcalibur-29486239-500-283.png
Soul%20Calibur%20IV.jpg
soulcalibur%206%20sophitia.jpg
sophtia04_20171121_1513341449.jpg

Weirdly, I think she looks slightly younger in SC4 when compared to SC6.

Back