Custom Characters in Ranked

Jay_Rupp

[03] Disciple
I'd be fine with people using custom characters if I wasn't forced to see them lol.
Please add a client side option that gives each player a way to disable/enable other player's creations.
I know it's hard to believe.. but some of us actually play SC for the gameplay, not the character creator.

I think they should have them broken into 2 categories: Ranked legal or not.

To be ranked legal it should require the following:
Used the original character so the hitbox does not change
The character has no accessories equipped (Cylinders, Apples, Hearts, Wings, etc.).

There are interesting reskins of the current cast that I am fine with. It's just when I run into some 4 large wing abomination where the wings are bobbing and whirling around making it hard to tell wtf is going on does it get annoying.

I think they should have them broken into 2 categories: Ranked legal or not.

To be ranked legal it should require the following:
Used the original character so the hitbox does not change
The character has no accessories equipped (Cylinders, Apples, Hearts, Wings, etc.).

There are interesting reskins of the current cast that I am fine with. It's just when I run into some 4 large wing abomination where the wings are bobbing and whirling around making it hard to tell wtf is going on does it get annoying.
It will make getting games even more difficult than it is right now. CAS is too big of a part of this series right now so any form of division, especially with pretty low playervase is like shooting yourself in the knee before you get to do some adventuring

I agree that you shouldn't split the community.

That being said, just like special effects, you should be able to disable if you see them on the opponent (i.e. you should just get that base vanilla model of that character). This wouldn't address the size differentiation, but would at least address the annoying component utilization.

Another option I would like would be to be able to report an offensive costume. I would love to be able to report all the penis costumes I constantly see online!

At the end of the day though, ranked shouldn't be taken that seriously, as its not like we are getting paid for our performance. Tournaments are where this balance really matters the most!

It will make getting games even more difficult than it is right now. CAS is too big of a part of this series right now so any form of division, especially with pretty low playervase is like shooting yourself in the knee before you get to do some adventuring
It's really a shame. This is definitely pushing me more towards Tekken. At least there's some fucking regulation over there.

I really think a client side toggle option (that ONLY changes their appearance to default for you) is definitely the best option. For Honor uses the same technique for special effects and emotes. Works well.

I don't see how that would work with different character sizes and hitboxes
The toggle (when enabled) would ignore your janky ass character creation and replace it with the default character model for each weapon (for my character as well.) Real simple stuff.

The toggle (when enabled) would ignore your janky ass character creation and replace it with the default character model for each weapon (for my character as well.) Real simple stuff.
So I still don't get how it would work (or I don't understand fully what you mean). Consider I make a custom of Talim with full height which means better reach and larger hitbox. You toggle customs off so you will see it as a default model. If it's a default custom model let's say then it could work but kinda defeats the purpose. If it will be seen by you as Talim it means we have a conflict of two different hitboxes that I don't see how could be resolved

I too hate fighting against stupid character creation. It’s distracting and I gain nothing from it.
Best way to handle it is by making casual match just like rank match, where the server search for an opponent instead of going to a lobby to play casually. This is it easier to make the division without hurting the community.
Rank is strictly for original characters. Casual is for everyone.

I don't agree with this, CaS characters are an integral part of the game, ranked or not, I'd rather prefer Namco to refine some hitbox issues and keep custom characters available on all modes, I'd even prefer not to be told the opposing player's fighting style at all when entering a match, it keeps things more interesting, and it's a better challenge.

Back