Dampierre and Co's CaS Tips and Tricks Compendium Curio~!

Just talk to an admin, and tell if you can make this thead, reserving the three or four first post. I've seen that on long tuts and stuff with tons of images.

Le Bello will be doing that later on, right now though there's no need at all. Thanks for the tips though =|;}

Oh, I just remembered I didn't add this more niche tip: non-western names! Could someone on PS3 confirm how/if it's possible to do it on PS3 at all? That'd be nice so everyone knows :)

1: In System Settings > Language and Locale > Language, set your console's language to the preferred one(Chinese, Japanese, Korean, and Russian primarily).

2: Enter creation mode and enter a name in said language. The input methods will be different, you'll need some basic knowledge of your selected language(e.g. recognizing hiragana characters for Japanese) or to have yourself a cheat sheet handy.

Mini-tutorial just for all the weeaboos out there wanting correct Japanese names:

A: Enter the surname/family name/last name first in hiragana. If you don't know it in hiragana, just separate it into normal Japanese syllables(ta, to, te, ku, ri, et cetera).

B: While that set of hiragana is highlighted in gray, press Y to open up a page of kanji suggestions, press X and Y to change pages, A to select, and B to cancel.

C: Repeat for the given name.

Oh, I just remembered I didn't add this more niche tip: non-western names! Could someone on PS3 confirm how/if it's possible to do it on PS3 at all? That'd be nice so everyone knows :)

1: In System Settings > Language and Locale > Language, set your console's language to the preferred one(Chinese, Japanese, Korean, and Russian primarily).

2: Enter creation mode and enter a name in said language. The input methods will be different, you'll need some basic knowledge of your selected language(e.g. recognizing hiragana characters for Japanese) or to have yourself a cheat sheet handy.

Mini-tutorial just for all the weeaboos out there wanting correct Japanese names:

A: Enter the surname/family name/last name first in hiragana. If you don't know it in hiragana, just separate it into normal Japanese syllables(ta, to, te, ku, ri, et cetera).

B: While that set of hiragana is highlighted in gray, press Y to open up a page of kanji suggestions, press X and Y to change pages, A to select, and B to cancel.

Added, amended and updated the first post. Le Bello might see if Vilarcane would be willing to share with us.

Sure, instead of browsing thru everything to see what has not been shared (i shared a lot in my thread already), I was more leaning towards sharing a formula of a "complex" CAS that uses many stickers, patterns, combined special equipements and other tricks...alien space marine or the mantis would be suitable candidates, what do you think ?

as said in my thread, if i do so, i would like to get an analysis / feedback and possibly screenshot in return (from the ones willing to retrace my steps and get their own free CAS)...and who knows, improvement tips !

Sure, instead of browsing thru everything to see what has not been shared (i shared a lot in my thread already), I was more leaning towards sharing a formula of a "complex" CAS that uses many stickers, patterns, combined special equipements and other tricks...alien space marine or the mantis would be suitable candidates, what do you think ?

as said in my thread, if i do so, i would like to get an analysis / feedback and possibly screenshot in return (from the ones willing to retrace my steps and get their own free CAS)...and who knows, improvement tips !

If that's what you want to do, Le Bello has no problems with it. Would I be allowed to take some of your tricks from your thread and add them into this one, listing you as a contributor of course?

Le Bello is looking forward to seeing how you tick, so I'm fully behind your idea. And of course there shall be plenty of feedback.

Is there any way for xbox users to get screenshots or is it for ps3 users only?

Short of buying some cables to hook your Xbox up to your computer monitor and hitting PRT SCRN, there isn't, unfortunately.

Most people take videos, or upload replay vids to Youtube.

Is anyone here particularly good at the maths? I'm trying to figure out good formulae for mirroring paired equipment (e.g rabbit ears, horns, etc.). For example, if I used bat wings to cover up one shoulder, what would be the formulae for mirroring their position and orientation on the other shoulder?

Is anyone here particularly good at the maths? I'm trying to figure out good formulae for mirroring paired equipment (e.g rabbit ears, horns, etc.). For example, if I used bat wings to cover up one shoulder, what would be the formulae for mirroring their position and orientation on the other shoulder?
Some equipment have their axes setup kind of wonkily, but as a general rule if you want the same equipment mirrored symmetrically on the other side of the character just select the exact same numbers, turning horizontal placing and rotation from positive to negative or vice versa. I have'nt tried with the bat wings, possibly you also need to invert angle. Exactly what numbers need to be changed pos/neg changes with how the equpment is setup.

The earrings special equipment can be used to make a lip/nose piercing.

The zipper sticker can be used to create a muscle tissue pattern if stretched and coloured red.

Examples:
SOULCALIBUR_17.png

SOULCALIBUR_22.png

The earrings special equipment can be used to make a lip/nose piercing.

The zipper sticker can be used to create a muscle tissue pattern if stretched and coloured red.

Good shout :)
Just to add, the earrings can also make an eyebrow ring (but require a lot of messing with the sliders if you only want one of the rings to show up)
In general, almost all items of jewellery, including necklaces and bracelets, can be made somehow using special equipment.

SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_97.jpg

And a necklace made of the Helmet Ornament (horns) and a cone:
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_122.jpg

Ok so i made ragna from blazblue but theres one thing missing that i dont really know how i could do this....
0031999d.jpg

As you can see, one of ragna's eyes is green the other is red, is there anyway to recreate that?

Ok so i made ragna from blazblue but theres one thing missing that i dont really know how i could do this....
0031999d.jpg

As you can see, one of ragna's eyes is green the other is red, is there anyway to recreate that?

Just short of sinking an item into the eye socket, say an apple or maybe an arrow tip, for a tiny iris, no.

Le Bello is thinking of starting a CaS Q and A thread...

I think I found something new.

With two or even three accessories you can create a simulated animation. Give them all the same size, location, and angles but make each of the accessories different in one of the size meters by just 1 tick in just one measurement. The clipping this causes provides a sort of animated effect.

So you can make a siezure-inducing sadistic troll or you could try something better like an actual glowing halo. You can combine this with patterns to do different things like simulate static(like you see on older TVs that don't have a bluesreen when nothing is plugged into them) and other weird stuff like that.

I think I found something new.

With two or even three accessories you can create a simulated animation. Give them all the same size, location, and angles but make each of the accessories different in one of the size meters by just 1 tick in just one measurement. The clipping this causes provides a sort of animated effect.

So you can make a siezure-inducing sadistic troll or you could try something better like an actual glowing halo. You can combine this with patterns to do different things like simulate static(like you see on older TVs that don't have a bluesreen when nothing is plugged into them) and other weird stuff like that.

THAT is something I'm definitely going to look into myself. If it's what I'm imagining that it's amazing! Thanks for sharing Wandrian~

Unfortunately, the PS3 doesn't seem to have this ability, last time I checked.... =/

Back