Dampierre Changes for SCV - Pre-release Gameplay Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

DRAGOON320

[09] Warrior
With Dampierre appearing in SCV, let's think how he could be better than in SC:BD!

Gameplay Changes
-More moves than 33A and 1 [ K ] that lead into Fake Pain.​
-More moves IN Fake Pain.​
-Better control of his randomness. i.e. 33B and 4B randomly go into Poker Bluff.​
-Instead, have something like 33[ B ] and 4[ B ] that can go directly into Poker Bluff.​
-Have 44A, B bounce on CH. Similar to 8B+K on CH.​
-More moves in Poker Bluff.​
-Brave Edge involving his goons.​
-Brave Edge involving his chair.​
-Let B+K be chargeable.​
-Have 44bK end in Poker Bluff.​
-An attack with his coins.​

Non Gameplay Changes
-New Costume or 2P SC:BD Costume​

Let's Discuss.

First, let me mention a couple of changes that I've noticed from the trailer.

First his 22K seems to launch now. It appears the opponent gets launched in an arc towards Dampierre so it can probably be followed up with 4B. This is a big improvement over the stun that it did in BD, especially if it rings out behind him.

His CE seems to be an auto-GI, similar to Johnny Cage's X-ray in MK9 which is a counter. While this can be considered a good thing because it will make the opponent think twice about when to attack Dampierre, it also means his CE can't be combo'd into, and it doesn't look like he can combo out of it either.

It appears his Bravo! Encore! has a different timing to it. I could be wrong because it could just be from the video editing, but it seems like the rhythm to it might be different. Speaking of Bravo! Encore!, we used to abbreviate it as BE but that will just confuse people now with Brave Edge. Perhaps we should abbreviate it as B!E! now.

As for my personal wishlist, I hope he keeps all of his moves from BD, especially B+K, 4B, 6B, 3AAA.., and all of the random properties for many of his moves.

One of the things that make him so appealing to me is his randomness. The fact that doing certain moves is a gamble adds a certain thrill and excitement for me.

So basically I hope that they keep him the same as in BD but with a more expanded moveset - more moves, more stance transitions, and more randomness!

The Japanese Dampierre trailer is out!

There isn't anything new about him in the trailer except for one thing, it seems like one of his best moves, A+B, might now randomly cause him to spin the same way as his opponent on hit, as seen at 00:38 of this video.

In BD his A+B is amazing. It's an i19 mid that's -8 on guard, it knocks down in a head spin that could be combo'd for half life, it has awesome wall combos, and it has amazing ring out potential.

So if it's still like it is in BD, especially with the half life combo, then I can see why they would nerf it by giving it a random element such as that. But how badly it's nerfed depends on what the odds of the self-spin happening are.

The interesting thing about the self-spin though, is if you look closely behind Dampierre's big face that blocks the left side of the screen, you can see that the self-spin transitioned into his Poker Bluff stance.

Watching that trailer makes me hope that the self-spin is on hit only, but considering that both players are down and Dampierre is in Poker Bluff, he's still in a good position to attack.

Just watched the Dampierre gameplay on Project Soul's steam, here are some quick notes that I took:

- A+B appears to cause the random self-spin into PB on whiff and on guard.
- He has a new rising upercut move (looks like it's from Tekken, WGF?), and I noticed a couple of times that it could be cancelled by BE, though everytime he did it cancelled into a taunt followed by B!E!.
- He has new low Tekken hellsweep kick that causes him to fall into PB
- Stopping after the 2 hits of his B!E! doesn't cause him to fall into PB. (in BD that only happens if you stop at the first kick)
- His CE is confirmed to be a counter like I theorized. It won't attack unless the opponent hits him during the aGI frames.
- 44kB BE causes him to do 3 rolls instead of just 1
- 44B does a crumple stun on normal hit which guarantees a 44kB BE

Honestly, after watching that stream, I no longer believe that Dampierre will be a cut and paste character from BD. I think his overall speed boost plus his new tools will make him fun and strong to play with. I was worried that his randomness wouldn't transition well into SCV since in BD; many moves into poker bluff, etc. were slow and easy to interrupt. Now it seems that Dampierre has the potential to be as crazy as the rest of the cast.

One thing that I forgot to mention, and I really hope it isn't true, but watching the Dampierre "Bob" CaS vid, Dampierre did a complete B!E! and it didn't launch.

If that is really the case then that is a huge nerf to his damage potential and his style factor ('cuz it made the combo look stylish). I didn't see his 4B used at all either, which is supposed to be the followup to a successful B!E!. 4B was one of his most useful defensive moves, so I really hope that it didn't get removed. -_-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back