Dampierre Combo Discussion - Such Perfection From Le Bello!

I've been having a problem with Dampierre combos. After finishing with B!E!, I'll input the 4B, only for it randomly to turn into 6B while BT. This whiff/input confusion doesn't make any sense - anyone have any idea what I'm doing wrong?

I believe it's all in the timing. It happens to me alot too if I wait too long before unleashing 4B. I believe it's because the opponent lands behind you after B!E!

If your too close to your opponent, against the wall or similar, when you finish doing B!E! your opponent will be too far behind you and the direction for your commands will be reversed, for example 623B B!E! 4B becomes 623B B!E! 6B in the corner.

11B 44BKBK
6B 11KK G+A
W!: 33_99B (Brave edge) 6B (Brave edge) 1B
88_22 KK (Brave edge)
88_22B 11K A+G
66A 11K A+G
A+B 623B
623B B B+K A+B3 A+B B1
623B 623B 11K A+G
Is it just me or does 11K have so much untapped potential?

A few different errors in what you said:
11KK does not combo into combo into PB~A+G_B+G because of its KND stun attributes on hit.
A+B 623B inflicts inferior damage when compared to A+B B!E! 4B
623B B B+K A+B3 A+B B1
623B 623B 11K inflicts inferior damage when compared to 623B 623B RCC A+B B!E! 4B or 623B 623B B!E! 4B
11B 44BKBK inflicts inferior damage when comparded to 11B B!E! 4B

Some other wall combos you could consider, see if you could look into finding something better, are:
33K W! 3B W! 623B B!E! 4B (probably reversed to 6B if too close to wall)
(33_99B)K W! 623B B!E! 4B
A+B 66K W! A+B B!E! 4B
for most combos you can still do 44BKBK to ring out
his standing grabs wall splat too and the best things I could find after are 1K, 11KK, 2K, 1B, 22_88K, and 2B

i know this sounds like a noobish question but ... how do you RCC ? its driving me nuts .. because after 623B i keep getting his unblockable...

and when you do a successful A+B (without the breakdance), do I have to delay the B!E! ? i cant seem to get that link ..

i really wanna learn dampierre but he seems too inconsistant and unsafe :/

i know this sounds like a noobish question but ... how do you RCC ? its driving me nuts .. because after 623B i keep getting his unblockable...

and when you do a successful A+B (without the breakdance), do I have to delay the B!E! ? i cant seem to get that link ..

i really wanna learn dampierre but he seems too inconsistant and unsafe :/
623B ~ RCC A+B is done by pressing 6 as soon as possible when 623B recovers, immediately followed by A+B. So the actual inputs would be: 623B ~ 6 ~ A+B. Pressing other directions instead of 6 works as well but I find 6 is most comfortable.

After A+B connects you need to dash in with 6 in order to have B!E! connect.

At high level play, assuming that the opponent knows how to punish all of Dampierre's stance transitions well, Dampierre mainly becomes a whiff punish character, and mastering B!E! will be essential for that. That way when they whiff you can do 623B into B!E! for good consistent damage, and it's good because 623B has a higher chance of not randomly going into PB compared to other moves, and even if it does you're usually still in a decent mixup position because they just whiffled a move.

Another important move is 11B. While extremely unsafe it nets you over half life damage with B!E! 4B, so a well placed 11B to whiff punish highs or after you step a move will hurt them hard. Just don't use it recklessly.

623Bx2, WS K, 3K does quite a bit of damage (70+).

3K is a functional combo starter for a number of lows, either on normal or counter hit. Though the end damage is low, it seems like a solid opening for PB mix-ups.

By 3K are you sure you don't mean 1K~FP? 3K (Worthy Opponents!) doesn't put you in PB, but 1K~FP will.

If you are trying to do damage your better off ending with RCC A+B B!E! 4B or 66 44BKBK (this was usd in his old ring out combos but now harder to do).

Agreed OOF, people aren't giving 11B enough credit. TC frames are good and it's not slow enough that it becomes useless as a whiff punisher from step, plus it's not random like 623B is. I'm not looking forward to ruining countless buttons with the B!E! JF but the damage on it is kind of disgusting lol, just wish 4B ender wasn't unreliable in some situations.

Something I found

33B BE! W! 3K W! 3AAAAAAA......

Also this one is slightly harder to time, I dunno if it's angle issues but it can be done if you nail it!

33B BE! W! 11B B!E! 4B

I'll try and find some more stuff tomorrow morning...finally I can sit down and study Lord Geo on my own console....

Edit: Managed to compile some wall combos, I'll post damage after uni...

Open field combo

33_99B BE! 66K, timing is fairly easy though one might whiff it on occasion,

AZ

33B BE W! 11B, B!E! 4B DMG=105

I just realised something, after the wall hit into 11B, the meter resets but the combo counter keeps going...? I've set the dummy to normal/all guard and air control random...I'll see that I re-capture everything full screen...

33B BE! W! 623B, B!E! 4B DMG=104

In this video, if you are lucky and time it right, you can allow the first few hits of 4B ender to connect, but it really depends on your opponents final air position, it was pretty cool to find nonetheless

AZ

CH 8B+K B!E! 4B 123-127dmg...not sure why the damage is varying though...after many tries..

Also another thing which I found strange but funny, with regards to people getting their 4B coming out as 6B after the B!E! kicks due to the opponent being airborne 'behind' you, sometimes you can get the 6B animation come out and it will hit them, this might be a hitbox or timing issue,but I did this is open field.

AZ

Fair enough, I thought you were speaking more specifically with being near a wall, I was referring to open space, but no problem though.

Hmm..with the CH8B+K combo, I repeated it and all my tries, position reset, repeat and so forth...I had no clean hits whatsoever, I was thinking at the time maybe it was with getting more 4B hits, or something else...

AZ

Orientation also relates to the timing of which you do the move. 4B is dependent on how your opponent is launched, where and how they land; the wall can interfere with this by throwing off the axis of Dampierre's moves, for this reason an opponent can be more easily push too far behind Dampierre to do his normal 4B command at an end of a juggle.

For example:
33_99B BE, B!E!, 4B
If the B!E! command is buffered too early the opponent will be launced differently and won't get all its of 4B then if the input is somewhat lagged, whereas you will get all hits.

For CH 8B+K, B!E!, 4B, it's the same thing, you cannot input the commands too quickly.

Although, of the case that the opponent is being forced into a wall during a combo (i.e. 623B_B!E!_44BKBK), directly against the wall, they will be pushed at an angle away from the wall (this is what I mean by off-axis), thus increasing the likelihood you'll whiff the next move (like how 4B not itting properly), if not finish the string at hand.

Back