Dampierre's Carousel of Characters

Dampierre

[01] Neophyte
I've been debating making an account to post my creations for quite a while now. I've lurked for at least 2 years, gathering ideas and inspiration from other people. Only problem was that I only had Soul Calibur 4 and 5 for a long time, and I knew my creations in that game wouldn't get much attention, even thought they're modded. So, when I bought Soul Calibur 6 the other day on PS4, I figured now was the time to start showing off my skills. I'm not picasso, but I think that someone somewhere will enjoy my creations. Let's start with costumes for other characters.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Biological Daughter Amy
SOULCALIBUR™Ⅵ_20210915060120.jpg

SOULCALIBUR™Ⅵ_20210915060145.jpg

SOULCALIBUR™Ⅵ_20210915060204.jpg

I'd go ahead and call this costume straight forward enough. I was going for an alternate universe look, as if Amy was actually biologically related to Raphael. I tried to go for a royal costume to match. Blue looks very good on her and you can't convince me otherwise.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Viola P2 Amy
SOULCALIBUR™Ⅵ_20210915055758.jpg

SOULCALIBUR™Ⅵ_20210915055818.jpg

SOULCALIBUR™Ⅵ_20210915055831.jpg

As we all know, Amy is Viola in Soul Calibur 5, and she's fucking awesome. So, I attempted to make my own version of a Viola Amy with a twist. I noticed most people go for Viola's 1P, but I wanted to make mine different, so I tried making her 2P. I feel like I can make it better once I'm able to buy more of the DLC, but for now I'm satisfied. The Seong Mina wrap really saved my ass here, because otherwise I probably wouldn't have been able to make this to my own standards. I'm still pissed that the basic wrap from Soul Calibur 5 isn't in the game.

Chaotic Clown/Jester Tira
SOULCALIBUR™Ⅵ_20210915060245.jpg

SOULCALIBUR™Ⅵ_20210915060303.jpg

SOULCALIBUR™Ⅵ_20210915060315.jpg

Tira is my favorite female character in the game, so one of the first things I did after I bought her was dress her up. I didn't have a particular theme for this when I made it, but it ended up looking somewhat cybergoth? I'm not sure. The only thing I knew for certain was that I wanted it to look asymmetrical, since that's kind of a theme with most of Tira's costumes. I think I can improve on this one greatly once I buy more DLC, but for now I think it looks ok.

Tira Bonaparte
SOULCALIBUR™Ⅵ_20210915060402.jpg

SOULCALIBUR™Ⅵ_20210915060427.jpg

SOULCALIBUR™Ⅵ_20210915060501.jpg

Ok, I know this costume is ugly, but there's a reason! Anyone here ever play Psychonauts? If you did, I'm sure you remember the inmates in Thorny Towers. Fred Bonaparte is the tall, awkward, lanky nerd who has split personality disorder (in which he believes he's Napoleon Bonaparte). Can you see why I chose to dress Tira up like him? This costume isn't exactly accurate, but since I lack DLC, I tried my best. I think the best looking part, personally, is the hat. it's very convenient that you can actually color the skull and outline of the hat in this game, as opposed to Soul Calibur 5.
Well, that's what I've got so far. It's nothing special, but I'm happy to finally have a space to share my works. I'm not sure how often I'll update this thread, but stay tuned, because I think next I'll start posting original characters. Any feedback is very much appreciated!

Welcome to the community, Dampierre. :) That's an interesting effect, using the tiara to create the impression of gilded lace trim along the backline and chestline: I don't think I've seen that before.

FYI, some of us still take an interest in SCIV and SCV designs!

Welcome to the community, Dampierre. :) That's an interesting effect, using the tiara to create the impression of gilded lace trim along the backline and chestline: I don't think I've seen that before.

FYI, some of us still take an interest in SCIV and SCV designs!
Thank you! I'm kinda surprised to hear that it's not a common technique, actually. It seems like it would be used a lot more often since there's a lack of other items with that sort of detail. Also, if that's the case, maybe eventually I can upload some of my Soul Calibur 5 stuff.

Another day, another set of characters. Since my first post focused on costumes for female characters, this one will feature original male characters. I've only made two so far, but I think they're pretty good.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Magnús
SOULCALIBUR™Ⅵ_20210916062115.jpg

SOULCALIBUR™Ⅵ_20210916062132.jpg

SOULCALIBUR™Ⅵ_20210916062141.jpg

Magnús is a character I first made in Soul Calibur 5. He actually started out quite different than he looks here. I originally created him to be a sort of male version of Tira, and his name was Eiserne Drossel. He had a totally different outfit and colors based on her 1P in that game. His voice was modded to Ezio's. He evolved from there to become a more original character. I don't really have a story for him. Here's how he looked in Soul Calibur 5.

20210917_225000.jpg

Fun fact! He's named after Magnús Scheving, also known as Sportacus from Lazy Town. No real reason for his name, I just liked how it sounded.

Monroe
SOULCALIBUR™Ⅵ_20210917223226.jpg

SOULCALIBUR™Ⅵ_20210917223155.jpg

SOULCALIBUR™Ⅵ_20210917223243.jpg

I'll admit it. I have a thing for dastardly men with mustaches in top hats who plan evil schemes. I've been this way ever since I first took an interest in Dampierre a few years ago. So, I decided to take a concept I had in Soul Calibur 5 and improve upon it, making what I consider to be quite the sexy mustache man. In 5, it was just a costume for Raphael. It looked quite different from this, but it had the same general theme of roses, red, black, and stripes. The moveset was also modded to be Ivy. I think I like Monroe a lot more than that original Raphael costume. If I can't have Dampierre, at least I can compromise.

Back