Dampierre's Critical Freeze

Status
Not open for further replies.

1san

[08] Mercenary
Not sure if this has been discovered before or not, but here is a video about something interesting that occurred while I was playing Dampierre online.

Yeah this has been known for over a year now. I've actually intentionally done it quite a few times during my matches against unsuspecting Algol players who like to use 6BBB.

Yeah this has been known for over a year now. I've actually intentionally done it quite a few times during my matches against unsuspecting Algol players who like to use 6BBB.
Really? Guess I missed it. Just to be sure, this only happens when you CE Algol's bubbles, right? Is it guaranteed, or does it only happen occasionally?

Just to be sure, this only happens when you CE Algol's bubbles, right? Is it guaranteed, or does it only happen occasionally?
No, Dampierre can't CE the bubbles. It only happens when the Dampierre CE's Algol and then gets interrupted by an oncoming bubble. Only two possible scenarios allow it; after Algol's 6BBB, where Algol must immediately attack after he shoots the bubble, Dampierre will CE the attack, get hit by the bubble, and then freeze the game. The timing that the bubble needs to hit him to make the freeze is a bit specific. Another possible way to do it would be to have a bubble that has bounced off a wall hit Dampierre just after he CE's Algol. This would be an extremely rare case though.

Even though it's a glitch I actually consider it a legitimate strategy against Algol players that are ignorant to the Dampierre matchup. Since the timer continues to run during the freeze, I've intentionally done it at health advantage to win the match. :)

Ah, thanks for clearing that up Ooofmatic. I have watched many videos of damp before, but never came across it. At least now we've got some video footage ^_^

Yeah, me and jimbo used to join lobbies and do it intentionally every round we could for shits and giggles.
An easy way to replicate it is to have algol 6BBB, then 66A, and have damp block the 6BBB and CE the 66A.
Good times

...and that's all you need to know, you can ask whatever you have in the general discussion thread...take it easy all!

Good day!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back