Dancing With Voldo: A Combo Video

Enkindu

This town needs an enema
Didn't realize I hadn't posted this here until it was pointed out to me. Anywho, there isn't a transcript and I hadn't planned on making one as I figure most Voldo players will recognise the moves by sight. Anywho, if you have any questions about things done in the video, don't hesitate to ask.

[youtubeHD=Dancing With Voldo: A Love Story]wN8cMJd3vwQ[/youtubeHD]

Okay two quick questions. Does the BS 22B 2A+B~236 [A+B] combo have to be on CH? I was having some trouble getting it to work consistently even on counter, is there some timing I should know about? Second question - In this video you use BS 44A 3B A+B ...yadda yadda... What are the conditions for this combo to hit? It whiffs A LOT. And I was just wondering how useful it really was. I know it has good ring out potential, but is it worth the risk of whiffing, when you could have done 3B 3B 22B? Maybe if I knew the conditions that it worked under I would be able to use it more effectively.

Amazing video. The lack of good voldo instruction videos are lacking since 1.03 but this video is really helpful. I didn't know about a lot of these combos and the wall splats are AMAZING. Some time when I have some time I will sit down and learn voldos W! game. Thanks for posting this Enkindu, you are a great part of this community.

BS 22B needs to hit on the opponents side in order for the 2A+B~236A+B_[A+B] to connect. You can increase the success rate of this happening by utilizing Voldo's step boost while in BS to step around someones attack and counter with 8wr 2_8B (which is essentially BS 22B).

I'm not real clear on the conditions of the BS CH 3B, BS A+B ect... but I have a few theories you can try. It could be that the BS A+B hits them on the side, which causes them to land sideways and not slide so far away (kinda like how I explained Voldozer in your 66:B thread). It could also be the timing at when BS A+B hits. Could be a faster or later hit would slam them to the ground allowing for 2A+B~236 followup, but I'm not certain on either of these.

What I will do though is, if 2A+B whiffs, I'll ~236G+A_B to put myself in their face for a late wakeup, and will take a risk by doing A+B as soon as I land. It works in some cases where if the opponent suspects they can punish with an OTG WR move and eat the A+B while standing up allowing for the 66B, 6:6B, and your choice of a finisher. Or sometimes they do stand up before the 236G+A_B reaches them, and they stand up into it. I don't recall being punished for doing this though, so that's why I keep doing it.

I do think you might be able to get CH BS 3B, BS A+B, 66K to hit consistently. Not sure about though. Probably not, but it is another alternative to finishing the combo instead of with 2A+B~236.

Hey, sorry for the late response, But I was actually asking about A+B whiffing.

After messing around with it for a while, I have come to the conclusion that it has to do with spacing. If you do BS 44A 3B A+B, the A+B will whiff occasionally because you are positioned too close to the falling opponent. But from some angles it hits. Thats what I meant that by it is inconsistent and whiffs a lot.

Although, it seems if you delay the A+B for a split second when they begin to fall, you will hit more often, I still think it somewhat character specific. Also, another option is to use BS 44A 3A 3B A+B. The 3A will push them far enough back that the A+B will always be guaranteed. BUT I don't highly recommend this combo, because 3A is shakeable. Damn... Imagine if 3A wasn't shakeable. I would love to get BS 44A 3A 236 A+K WS B 1K 2B+K K for like ~120, guaranteed. But voldo is broken enough as it is ;D

ah yeah, if you're too close, BS 3B 3B 22B is the best combo in that situation. It's really difficult to time an A+B like that.

Yeah, if BS 3A wasn't shakeable it would be pretty sweet. You do have to shake pretty quickly to get out of it though, but if you do BS 44A before it, they will most likely start shaking sooner therefore breaking the stun easier.

You should have seen voldo before they patched the game. lol

Enkindu, if you ever read this, I'm going to steal a bit of your combos on Voldo.
That was quite a video. Looks fun as hell. Thinking of picking him up as a sub.

Yeah, NamuSkull. I see the way you have fun with Yoshi, and I think Voldo can be just as fun to play. If you would need any tips, don't hesitate to ask.

By the way, I uploaded the video again. I figured out how to make it look alot better. It's more clear now.

Back