Dead or Alive Extreme 3 Announced. Releases February 25th in Japan

Windstar

[13] Hero
Trailer

It's been a while since there was a volleyball game. Sadly, it looks like the volleyball portion of this game is going to be pretty limited with awkward camera angles and lack of interesting mechanics. On the other end, the game will be bringing in the "Butt-Battle" and other events. Maybe a full-featured jet ski game, ala Wave Race?

Well, no high expectations. But I would like it if they could create a Wii Sports-like entertainment set of games and challenges with a number of different activities related to the island. Or perhaps create an RPG-styled volleyball game.

Well, maybe some other time.

EDIT: Updated with a high resolution teaser.

Last edited:
Soooo glad they're wasting valuable time and resources on a game westerners won't even get to play instead of DOA6. Not. I'm also glad they're wasting even more time and resources on another game that's bound to flop.

Soooo glad they're wasting valuable time and resources on a game westerners won't even get to play instead of DOA6. Not. I'm also glad they're wasting even more time and resources on another game that's bound to flop.

Do you really think that this title is gonna flop?

Last edited:
haters.gif

I don't get the haters. I mean, I guess it'd be better if it wasn't such a lolifest, but what's there to dislike about this?

I don't get the haters. I mean, I guess it'd be better if it wasn't such a lolifest, but what's there to dislike about this?

Muh DOA6.

I didn't even know there were people who wanted another one. Kappa

DoAX3 is meant to be a silly and nonserious game. Besides, there is still a dedicated fan base playing DoA5 while TN is continuing to support it.

I just hope the volleyball isn't shit like it was in the second one.

Well, you will be disappointed. Moreover, they've already made money by the poll alone. Oh and let's not forget the VR support.
Just like how the previous game did so well, selling like 200,000 copies tops.

It doesn't matter if they'll sell 200k - 300k copies. If they've profit, it's a success.

Team Ninja is already reusing assets from DoA5 / LR, with some tweaks to their engine so the budget isn't big. And as I said they have already made money from fans by the poll (PSN themes/roster), plus they'll make more from DLCs outfits.

Last edited:
Based on some screens and press materials, they've updated their graphics engine to include more physics-based details on the soft-skin engine including better transparencies, collision and other minor details towards realism.

All that said, I still can't figure out whether or not the volleyball will be multiplayer, or heck, any of the games will be.

From what I can tell from the brief teaser trailer, the game is using some decade-old animations. Both the volleyball and butt-battle are using canned animations from the first game. Looks like they're just doing a quick job on the game and aren't going to focus too much on the gameplay.

So we probably won't see any improvements to the volleyball. Shame.

I have heard that Best Girl Tina is not in this.

It is pointless without Tina.

I want my god damned Streets of Wrestling Rage with Tina, Mila, Lisa, Bass and Zack now.

Back