Derpin's thread of questiony goodness

DoctorDerpin

[08] Mercenary
Hey everybody. I've been playing soul cal since I was ten, but only really started learning how to play around two years ago and I just had a few questions if anybody wouldn't mind answering or pointing me towards where I could find the answers:

1. I need and arcade stick... what do? Where go? What is the best kind to get?
2. As somebody who lives in Kansas, where can I go to find some freaking games besides the internet?! I get too much lag for that to be any good.
3. Why does nobody seem to play Yoshimitsu? He's been my main player since 3 and I love him to death. Is there some big weakness about him that I'm unaware of?

Thanks and much fun to all,
Doctor Derpin

Hey everybody. I've been playing soul cal since I was ten, but only really started learning how to play around two years ago and I just had a few questions if anybody wouldn't mind answering or pointing me towards where I could find the answers:

1. I need and arcade stick... what do? Where go? What is the best kind to get?
2. As somebody who lives in Kansas, where can I go to find some freaking games besides the internet?! I get too much lag for that to be any good.
3. Why does nobody seem to play Yoshimitsu? He's been my main player since 3 and I love him to death. Is there some big weakness about him that I'm unaware of?

Thanks and much fun to all,
Doctor Derpin

First off welcome to the site. I would suggest checking out Amazon or call up a game store. They may have an arcade stick, I know Amazon does for sure. Might also try searching the web for options. And it's all a matter of preference when it comes to what you want in an arcade stick.

Can't help with the second question, but perhaps you could ask some friends or again, maybe someone in a game store may know.

And as far as the lack of Yoshimitsu players, his JFs are what turn people away from him.
Hope that helps and hope to see you around.

Honestly, an arcade stick isn't too necessary for SoulCal. There is a lot of leeway with inputs, and even the more complex characters like Patsuka can be easily played with controller.

There have been pro players who use pads, but if you insist on a stick a lot of people have personal preferences about them. MadCats tourney edition sticks are a good option, theyre packed with sanwa parts (a respected manufacturer) as well as being numerous and reasonably cheap.

If you just wanna find out if sticks are for you you might wanna try an hori stick. Not as nice but a lot cheaper.

Back