Devil Jin General Discussion / Q&A

Heaton

A Soul in the Purgatory
[notice]Devil Jin is banned as of current because of no clearly defined, completely consistent model - id est he is CaS only style, and CaS are banned. If and when Namco releases DLC that gives him a clearly defined model, then we can debate whether or not he is still worthy of a ban from a gameplay perspective. The ban is not getting lifted until he gets his own model, so discussing the ban on any grounds is pointless. Anyone who keeps this discussion up from now - in ANY capacity - is getting infracted, no questions asked.[/notice]

Have a nice day.

Run up and guard is usually the most effective method of getting in. Once you get a knockdown it's pretty easy to stay in. Also, learn which of the opponent's zoning tools are EWGF punishable.

Once you get in there face, you could go ahead and use 623 to play mind games with Djins high and lows mix ups. I would say go with the B+K,B, 2K_K(High or low end). But B is punishable with a low, so i guess use it with caution. Wish there was frame data, but i guess its not worth it for a Banned character.

His short distance is probably his major weakness, alot of his better punishers like AAB, or EWGF can whiff easily due to pushblock from guarding a move. Thats why your biggest goal with DJ is stay in and as close as you can possibly be and if you can help it, never get out

hello can someone tell me what things i should focus on when playing as devil jin, and how to play him? should i be focusing on defense more or offense? moves i should be using? etc. thanks plz reply :)

Don't play Devil Jin.
If you aren't going to try to help, don't post here

as for Ranu91 DJ is mainly an offensive character at close range. he definetly struggles from a distance. 236K and AAB are good for knocking the opponent onto the ground. and you can start mixing him up when he is trying to get up. and if he just stays on the ground, keep doing 236K. this is good for starting an offense
there's more info for you over here:http://8wayrun.com/threads/devil-jin-guide.14288/

@Donutman - thanks for helping me and telling me some tips. i would also like to know DJ's staple wall combo. :)
Also what else does DJ have that can pressure the opponent into making mistakes? i now know that AAB and 236K are good tools for pressuring, thanks to you. :)

@Donutman - the moves i currently use most often are, AAB, 236K, 666K (guard break attack), a+b laser, EWGF,
66B, 3AB, THROWS, CE, 4B(hold) guard break attack, 2k, 46ABB, WS KK , 6K, 4B+K guard break attack.

any other good moves that i might not be using?

Back