Discussion: Best way to win?

ZeroEffect317

[13] Hero
Basically a gameplay philosophy thing I've wondered about. After watching a bunch of tournament vids from various fighting games, does anyone think there may be a certain playstyle/gameplan that one needs to have to see the most success?

No player is perfect, and all have their own natural strengths and weaknesses. (adaptation, spacing, rushdown, timing/reactions, mixups/mindgames, etc). Having that said, are there certain abilities that outweigh others?

I've found that emptying the enemy's lifebar works best.
chansub-global-emoticon-8eed21805f6217ce-27x29.png

For me it depends on every situation. I play Viola, so the whole time I'm gonna go for 6B+K stuff, but if I can ring you out in any way, then I'll be doing that. The fastest way I can kill you is what I always go for.

^That's actually a decent point. It's possible that a player's personal approach to playing could be based on the characters they use. Like, players who have always played Greeks tend to be geared toward effective punishment then say Astaroth players who tend to focus more on the mindgame and patience aspect. (With a few exceptions I'm sure)

Hmm, need to give this one some thought. I've got a few things in mind but I need to clarify it in my own head before I even try to explain what I'm thinking. God it sucks being old.

Hmm, need to give this one some thought. I've got a few things in mind but I need to clarify it in my own head before I even try to explain what I'm thinking. God it sucks being old.
I'm actually curious about this, so I'd like to hear your opinion on it.

Basically a gameplay philosophy thing I've wondered about. After watching a bunch of tournament vids from various fighting games, does anyone think there may be a certain playstyle/gameplan that one needs to have to see the most success?

No player is perfect, and all have their own natural strengths and weaknesses. (adaptation, spacing, rushdown, timing/reactions, mixups/mindgames, etc). Having that said, are there certain abilities that outweigh others?

The best way to win is with the least effort. Whatever can be exploited to kill the opponent faster and with less risks. What Ninjaguy said about ringouts is absolutely true. It's all about taking advantage of the situation and putting the opponents in dilemma's where they are screwed either way. Viola does this extremely well because of her low risk and high reward. Tokido was a great example since he leveraged a glitch and became quite proficient with it. Even though his overall game knowledge was lacking, he was definitely dangerous.

Back