Do Created Characters have issues with performance?

Aanlaien

[08] Mercenary
I'm getting mixed signals. Some people are saying:

"Avoid at all costs. It screws up the hitbox."

"No, it doesn't really matter. You'll either hit them or you won't."

"Best to just color the already made characters."

I want to create a character based on my avatar, but after hearing that there might be issues with performance, I don't really see a point in making any custom characters until I know for sure.

In addition, does giving the original characters different or joke weapons create any kind of performance issues?

Everyone I know says that they mess with the hitboxes. I personally just edit already made characters or just use the default ones, as I like the designs of the characters in this game.

The common understanding is that original character hitboxes differ from those of their regular character counterparts, even if you make them the recommended height. What happens is that some combos won't connect on the original character that would otherwise land on the regular character.

I haven't heard of any tests done on regular characters with custom equipment on them, but it's probably safe to say that recolor hitboxes are the same as those of regular characters. Different weapons shouldn't have an effect on hitboxes, either.

You should just play whatever you like in a casual match, but if it's for more competitive purposes, play with a regular character or a recolor.

You should just play whatever you like in a casual match, but if it's for more competitive purposes, play with a regular character or a recolor.
This answered my question perfectly. Thank you very much for your answers. =)

Back