Do people still play online in EU?

Aurelia

[08] Mercenary
Sorry if this is the wrong forum section.

I enjoy fighting games online, but I don't want to sit there waiting for a match for too long.

Do people still play in EU, online?
If so, which modes?
How long do you typically have to wait for a match?

People generally stick to private player matches. What platform are you on? Might wanna add some people and ask for some invites.

Sounds good - how do I find people to add in the first place, though?
I'm on PS3.
(England, but anywhere in EU is probably playable)
I am E5, but I have 1600 wins @ 65% or so (all in Player Match which apparently doesn't count for anything lol).

Last edited:
I sometimes come online, if you want some fighting experience vs. Ivy or just want to fight for fun, add me Mage_8WR.

P.S. I'm UK.

I'm definitely rusty. Would be happy to play whatever, but I like playing people's bests.
Just joined a random player match, and DCed. Do DCs happen a lot still?

If you can at least help me do a connection test at some point, that would be nice.

Last edited:
Well, I'll be happy to fight you, but be aware... GTAV and other things.

You never mentioned if you were on PSN or Xbox. I tried to investigate but you haven't written it in your profile either... :/

Sounds good - how do I find people to add in the first place, though?
I'm on PS3.
(England, but anywhere in EU is probably playable)
I am E5, but I have 1600 wins @ 65% or so (all in Player Match which apparently doesn't count for anything lol).

Some Gamertags here:http://8wayrun.com/threads/psn-xbl-online-player-list.10201/
Few EU ones here: http://8wayrun.com/threads/psn-xbl-online-player-list-europe.16718/

Mine is Joel_85 but I don't play much. If you live in London we do offline stuff now and again. Big tournament next month: http://8wayrun.com/threads/nov-8-2013-edge-master-series-major-2013-london-uk.16962/

Oh goodness, people.
Added thenewperson1 :D think I saw you yesterday while running around in random rooms.

Don't live in London, but only an hour by train. Probably not tournament material though :x

I'm disconnecting almost every game. When I ping google, it's about 20ms, which isn't bad.
I've tried wired and wireless.

I can't reset the router atm cause other people are using it, but I guess I should try that.

Does this happen a lot, or is it just me?

Last edited:
I literally can't get a game in.
Gah, want to reset the router but don't want to inconvenience people in the house.
Will do it tonight perhaps.

I disconnect most on 4 or 5 bar games. Could it be that the game is over-estimating my connection? Like it sends a ping, which returns in 10ms so it's like "Oh cool, you have a connection from the future" and if the ping ever bumps up to 30 ms, it'll just say "don't know what to do now, better abort the match"...

Pingtest.net [when run from the PS3 Browser] says 45ms with 13 ms jitter. This doesn't seem unacceptable. It doesn't say precisely how jitter is calculated (standard deviation? variance? range? etc it could be anything).

Ah resetting the router seems to have helped a little.

Last edited:
Seems to be okay now.

Can I add anyone else?

Don't want to add people from a stale list.

Back