Doing aBB

tsukimichi

[08] Mercenary
Is it just me or is this move just impossible to do now? Either I just do it too slow and I just do a single A or I do it too fast and A+B comes out.

Is there an easy trick to doing this move or is it just insanely hard?

Practice pretty much. They've made the window much much smaller.. Kinda like 2-3 frame window for the slide input. Not enough for them to justify the JF Flash, but it certainly does feel like it sometimes :P

you have to slide your finger other wise it's impossible to do, it's like the Yoshimitsu JF whithout the 2 part.

you have to slide your finger other wise it's impossible to do, it's like the Yoshimitsu JF whithout the 2 part.

I have alway held the controller weird. I use my index on :A:, middle on :B:, and ring finger on :K:. I'm sure a lot more people do this in SC than in the FPS world that I'm used to, but whatever :P

I have alway held the controller weird. I use my index on :A:, middle on :B:, and ring finger on :K:. I'm sure a lot more people do this in SC than in the FPS world that I'm used to, but whatever :P

You might want to invest in a stick then..

And try not to bump up 7 month topics when you don't really have anything to say...

Does anyone have advice on how to do this with an arcade stick? The buttons are a bit too big to slide across so I can never get it to work.

Yeah, what Hayate said. I learned how to do this a few months ago. You have to, literally, slide your finger (I use my thumb) as fast as you possibly can from A to B. It helps if at the time you start the slide your finger is on A and just barely touching B. Also, put some weight into it, i.e. don't just use your hand, use your entire arm to do it very quickly. The timing for the second B is the harder part for me now. You have to delay just a little, but not too much. It comes with practice. And I do it on a PS3 controller, don't know anything about Arcade sticks.

This is easy breezy lemon squeezy on an XBox controller. I can imagine it would be difficult on a stick because the distance between the buttons. On a controller you are really touching a and b at the same time but you (as already mentioned) slide across them.

This is easy breezy lemon squeezy on an XBox controller. I can imagine it would be difficult on a stick because the distance between the buttons. On a controller you are really touching a and b at the same time but you (as already mentioned) slide across them.

Actually, the XBox controller seems to be less picky about input commands, i.e. it's easier to pull off hard moves with it. Case in point, I play Soul Calibur IV on PS3 but last year I went to a tournament where it was played on XBox 360. So I rented the 360 version to train and I found out doing Asura Dance on XBox controller is much easier than PS3. I wasn't even trying too hard and it came out pretty much every time, while on the PS3 controller you have to be a lot more precise.

Actually, the XBox controller seems to be less picky about input commands, i.e. it's easier to pull off hard moves with it. Case in point, I play Soul Calibur IV on PS3 but last year I went to a tournament where it was played on XBox 360. So I rented the 360 version to train and I found out doing Asura Dance on XBox controller is much easier than PS3. I wasn't even trying too hard and it came out pretty much every time, while on the PS3 controller you have to be a lot more precise.

I think you are right. Not having played on the PS3 controller, I can at least contest to the ease of the XBox controller. It "ain't no thang"

So because I'm using a Hori stick I'm effed when it comes to trying this move?

Yeh, maybe? ...but where there is a will, there is a way. Truer words have never been spoken.

K0rn: Depends on whether you decide to bind your buttons.
If you don't mind binding your buttons, set 2 buttons to B,A.
So if you're using a 6 button stick. Your new layout is

A B K
G B A

Reason being doing a "piano" input starting from the outer most finger (little finger) to the innermost (thumb) is easier than the other way around. Example, in SC3 the input for iMCF was 2B:A. Took a little practice but I can do it really consistently, likewise with Mitsu's b:A. However in SC4 they decided to make it 2A:B. Which is a lot harder for biological reasons.. its just not comfortable for a human hand to do such a movement.

If you don't want to bind your buttons, just use two fingers and swipe them across your buttons, be warned though.. if you're using a joystick with cheap buttons.. this will hurt... a lot.

sounds funny but i dip my finger in Vegetable Oil and rub alittle across your buttons. makes slide inputs very simple.

Back