Dragon Age Awakenings! (Origins, while we're at it!) =D

LP

Premium Member
Noticed there wasn't a topic for either of these. So...erm...how does this thing go...? >_> <_<

Either way, it's out already, so I guess I'm kinda late, but I just picked up my copy. Can't play it until Sunday because I left my copy of Origins of home, but still can't wait to play it. So yeah...DISCUSS!

DA:O was, by far, my favourite game of 2009. One of the greatest RPG's of all time. Not revolutionary, but it did so many things incredibly right. The first time I actually 'felt' troubled making certain decisions (Possessed Connor comes to mind).

Have to wait till the 19th till it comes out in Europe. Actually took a day off work - my first in months - to play this game. So excited for it. Especially since all reviews say it's more of the same, which I find extremely satisfying.

That's exactly how I felt! BioWare is fast becoming one of my favorite RPG makers (Jade Empire, KotOR, Mass Effect, and now Dragon Age? They're on a fuckin' roll!). I just got back from buying pizza and hot wings so that I can go ahead and run a marathon on this game tonight!

One downside, though, which I read, is that they took the romance subplots out of this one. Not too bad, but one of my favorite parts (in addition to the dialogue in general!) was flirting with the cast. =D

It's a huge game, in my view. Even for an add-on. I'll probably spend a good 30~40 hours in it, doing two playthroughs.

Indeed a shame that romances are out. Hardly any reason to visit 'the camp' now. My arcane warrior/battle mage/spirit healer on hard is slicing through the game though. Next playthrough is definitely legendary.

I love Dragon Age. Aside from a couple glitches and balance issues, it's pretty much the perfect western rpg.

I don't think the game has any balance issues (though I haven't played on harder difficulties) - it's a one player game! >_>

I love this game so much. I have it for both PS3 and PC. I beat the PS3 one though I wanna get awakening for the PC but I don't intend on getting it till I finish origins on the PC. I should really probably get around to finishing it considering that I haven't really done a lot in it...

Alright, just completed it on hard. Slighty disappointed. The game's largest asset, the story, is not as engaging in Awakenings. I hardly cared for my team members, my 'town' or the darkspawn. No idea why everyone should become a grey warden when there is no Archdemon.

Its not bad so far. Impressive for an expansion but there wasn't enough time to flesh everything out like they did in origins. Shouldve just come out with DA2 imo.

Balance issues in these kinds of games typically center around abilities or combinations of abilities that severely lessen the difficulty.

Then people can just use that ability/combination if they want it to be harder? Don't see how there can be a balance issue when you're playing a one-player game

Not sure if you guys heard or not, but some stuff about Dragon Age 2 has been let out.

Not sure how I feel about this. As far as I understand, you still create a character. Either way, though, right now I'm imagining it as an RPG version of God of War...which would be horrible.

Back