Elseworlds: Reimagining the SCVI Cast Contest

Nyte

Fu-ma's Shadow
We often see reinterpretations of famous characters, made for the sake of compare and contrast. Maybe they're from another place, another starting point, of a different occupation, or maybe they're on the opposite end of the moral spectrum. Whatever the case is, it's still them, but in a different way. That's why we're here, to reinterpret the SCVI roster while staying true to their core.

The idea is to take an SCVI character and reimagine them in a different way, while still keeping them recognizable. For example, what if Taki were raised in the west, Siegfried took a more honorable path, Ivy became a pirate like her father, or Mitsurugi became corrupted? Just some questions you should answer as you go about their designs.

Rules
  • Create a CAS of an SCVI character that gives them an interpretation different from their canon one, whatever that may be.
    • The interpretation must be recognizable to the character. That means that it must still stay true to their core while also being different. It's kind of tricky, but you know it when you see it.
  • You may enter up to three different designs.
  • Voters may vote for three different designs.
  • Contestants can also vote for anyone, other than themselves.
  • Votes are counted by design rather than by creator. For example, if one design has three votes and the other has two, then you effectively have three votes in your favor still.
  • Deadline TBA
Guidelines
  • As a general suggestion, a way to make a good Elseworlds concept is one that conserves their style and personality even if the way it's presented is different.
  • This is also a good opportunity for you practice your writing talents and come up with a backstory for the new interpretation of the character. It's not needed, but it's appreciated.
Finally, just to give you an example of what I'm talking about, here's Tira presented as a pirate:
Dp3OCJXU4AAMMLa.jpg

Dp3NYrBUwAAXGaS.jpg
As you can tell, it's a different version of Tira yet one that's unmistakably her. This is what I'm looking for when I see entries.

So if you're interested, just say so and we can get started!

1d09c75642bfe685f2c5e7ee6bf31bbd.png

If the Aval Organisation were Eastern, they'd probably be ninja-esque so... Yeah.

e3af7a3eeefcacfbcee4576d54fe89aa.jpg

I wanted to mimic Groh's original outfit as much as possible - The sleek silhouette, the light armouring (albeit this iteration is way more armoured) and the left-arm thing he has going on. I stuck reasonably faithfully to the colour scheme, opting with a grey/black and accenting it with purple. I know Groh also has blue accents but a lot of the pieces here have non-colourable gold parts so I decided to push the purple more where colour was needed and let the gold do it's natural thing.

I could've used the fur-collar to mimic the fur-trim on the Aval uniform but I opted to go with the scarf instead as it's a bit more Ninja-stereotype.

The eyepatch was chosen over Groh's usual as it helps add to that Eastern feel.

The Aval symbol didn't wanna sit nicely on his shoulder so I displayed it there instead. Whatyagonnado?

The mask definitely clips less in the alt version, but the gold part looking like a hairpiece looks better in the original than the silver spike-thing.
An excellent Ivy though! Definitely feels vampiric.

So in Shogun 2, the Warrior Monk units are my favorite, so it gave me an idea for Kilik.

20181031025248_1.jpg

20181031025259_1.jpg

20181031025334_1.jpg

20181031025455_1.jpg

20181031025618_1.jpg

20181031025715_1.jpg
20181031025720_1.jpg

20181031025752_1.jpg

20181031025756_1.jpg

20181031025818_1.jpg

The weapon looks more like a Yari, and keeps Kali-Yuga's colours. For the clothes, I used red to echo his SC6 colour, which is one he often uses in the other games. Kilik often has gold highlights and yellow alts so I used that for the secondary colour on the armour pieces. Finally I used a turquoise for secondary clothes colour as he uses it in SCIII and often has it anyway because of Dvapara-Yuga.

/\You ruined his beautiful hair! He doesn't look bad bald though. Cool take on him.

Mi-Na, Warrior Princess
1540954486339.png

1540954510426.png

Notes: RIP Hilde and Setsuka, two lovely women. What happens when you combine them into Mi-Na and add a dash of Hinoka from Fire Emblem Fates? My elseworld version of Mi-Na born into the enemy country. Who would be her friends in one life are now her enemies but Mi-Na won't back down from a fight to defend her homeland. I liked the effect that the basic bra has when combined with the sarashi (aka a fetish of mine on my favorite SC girl) and Taki's armor to add the illusion of her bra and bandages are one piece. Shame basic underwear can't get a pattern. Double shame that Demonic Fauld and Hakama keep clipping.

The most authentic gladiator recreation I've seen yet. Simple and brutal. That said the helmet was not easy to make. Excellent discovery!
Thanks, like most discoveries was fruit of pure chance rather than something I looked for while trying making some sort of mask

Since the SC4 days, i struggled to create a rogue knight 2P/3P for Mitsu. Years later, i stumble upon this masterpiece, he looks exactly how i pictured him in my mind!

Simple armor, no flashy eguipment or extravagant patterns/motifs and with a great choice of color palette, i especially like the contrast you added into the mix by using blue for his scarf and pants, and yellow for said scarf and leather waist wrap, thus breaking the monotony of the often used red and black color scheme.

Like i said, a masterpiece!😁

Is this still a thing lol? I meant to enter a long time ago but then my hard drive failed and i totally forgot after that. Anyways here's a winter spec ops Tira. The camo didn't turn out very noticeable in the pictures but whatever it's supposed to be subtle anyways...
20181116013213_1.jpg
20181116013257_1.jpg
20181116013312_1.jpg

@NeclordX The gladiator helmet on your Kilik is SUPERB. Wow.

@Quinion Digging this. Reminds me of one of my Yoshimitsu costumes! This and @Gatsu's Nightmarugi are both great takes on a similar concept! Love how your guys' blue and red color schemes show a clear contrast to each other, as well as the helmet and face horn. Love seeing stuff like this.

@ThePascuzzi Awesome. This is a great adaption of his SC6 look.

Here's mine:
What if Cervantes became a feared navy admiral instead of a pirate captain?
I recreated Regal Cervantes, one of my old SCV costumes.

RegalCerv.png

Tried to make it nice and gaudy because what's being rich if you're not an ass about it, right?

Probably going to post this in my own gallery thread later today.

Edit: I should mention that the original SCV version of this costume was inspired by a costume that @WindupSkeleton made back in the day! And I believe it was the first thing that inspired me to post on this forum! Thanks again for that man. :)

Last edited:
I'm OBSESSED with that Mitsurugi, @Gaahl Fantastic job!!! Legit would look like a 2P with some more patterns/details thrown in!
Thanks. It took me like two hours of playing around with different ideas before finally deciding on this look and then another hour to get it right, glad to see someone enjoys it that means my time was not wasted.

Back