EVO 2009 ShoutOut Thread!

TagYouRPregnant

Team Ceddy Bear! ♥
NOTE: THIS IS STRICTLY A THANK YOU/SHOUT OUT THREAD!
No nonsense bullshit,flame baiting,ban hilde discussions and other crap that can ruin this happy thread! >[
Or else I will start handing warnings....

Now then! I shall begin this,oh so happy, thread! :D
First and for most...I'd like to thank my hubby NinjaCW for coming,I couldn't ask for a a better weekend! ^__^

Oofmatic - It was nice to finally exchange some words to each other. :P
Sorry again for not bringing the blasted PS3 USB wire. >__<
If you still need it,I shall try and mail it again!

Cedric - Oh fatty mcfat fat....YOU STILL OWE ME $20!!!! :P
But seriously,it was REALLY nice to meet you,sorry I couldn't say good bye and give you a hug before we left...Hopefully I can take a stroll to your place when I get my wheels!
BTW,nice sandwiches! I munched on those a lot. :D

Kayane - It was nice to meet you! And might I say that you are one pretty woman!
Extremely friendly and I'm glad that I got to chat with you for a short period of time. :)
I know it's hard to travel from one country to another,but hopefully we can run across each other at another big event! And hopefully have a couple games! =]

Vicious - Be sure to take care of that baby in that tummy! :P
Sorry we couldn't chill some more,but hopefully I can start going to more tournaments,since I'll be getting my car soon! ^__^

Emo_Prinny - You are seriously one cool dude! I honestly thought that you were going to be all shy and not say anything to me,but boy did you prove me wrong! It was nice to meet you and I hope we can chill at another event! ^__^

Dreamkiller - It was nice to see you again! :D
Even though I said "Who are you?" when you said hello to me...lol
But I couldn't recognize you without your hair. XD
You looked good though! Nice hanging out with ya. n_n

Hudathan - Nice to see you again! I had a lot of fun hanging out with you for that short amount of time and thanks again for the fruit cup! :D
Hope to see you at another event too. n_n

DivineChaos - You disappointed me....I would think you'd be all over me just like how you are in the FC....
Lol naw jk! But seriously,it was nice to meet you! Sorry we didn't get to talk much,but it was cool chilling with you! :)

Suirad - It was nice to put a face to a screename! It was cool chilling with you for as little time as we did. XD

ChaCha - Nice to meet you and finally got to see you! :D
You did a great job on being the commentator for the SC4 finals,I wouldn't of picked another person to have done the job if I do say so meself!

NoFace - Hahah! I saw you at Evo. :P
I'll try to make it to more of your tournaments if you let me know in advance so I can get the days off!

King_Salmon - Nope! I am not dead. :P

Aris - It was nice to meet you and speak to you for like...3 minutes, lol.
Hopefully we can play some more at SoCal tournaments!

If I miss anyone else,sorry bout that! I just got home from LAX and I am mega tired,but it was nice to meet everyone! I had a blast and I'll be sure to try and make it to more SoCal tournaments and actually PLAY in them. XD
Hahah!

PS: Here are the two pics that I took,sorry I couldn't take some more...I totally forgot that I had an awesome phone with an awesome camera to take some with. XD

2mowexg.jpg
29pryi9.jpg

It was great meeting all of you. I'm glad that everyone liked the shirt, and hopefully it is now in a better place.

Ceirnian - I was cheering for you the whole way through your match against KDZ. I hope you're not too upset by the whole situation, just learn from it and show up to Nats in top form.

People who know who I am - Don't tell Jaxel.

great job fellahs! hell of some good matches! epecially to KDZ! fucking BEAST COAST REP!

I just want to thank everyone. Being my first time meeting you all, I'll be honest, thought everyone was gonna be dick like they were in the forums. But after getting my ass handed to me, everyone was really cool and helped me out a lot. Gave me a lot of insight on how to play the game at a much higher level and hopefully in a year I'll be takin out some big names.

No sorrow in all my lost money matches (accept against serge...w00t), felt like i was paying for pro lessons.

And you handing that ban hilde shirt to cedric bout made me piss myself.

Mad fun to all I played, though I apologize for being a bit cranky and grumpy in the matches I played late sat. 3 1/2 hours of sleep and standing around all day being a fat ass will do that.

KDZ, was nice to meet you and play you, I was getting all hype when it looked like i was hanging with you, and then you figured my ass out and beat me like a dog.

Ivyfanboy, nice get that quick set in while we could. Triple H thanks you for your tears.

King Salmon/Tomahawk, stop putting me out of the losers bracket you rat bastard, I have to ride with your ass back home.

Idle, Beardy man, everyone else. Was an absolute pleasure.

I met too many new people to name you all, but it was fun times. I do want to give a special shoutout to Malek, though. SC3 may have been mine as far as Ivy players go, but SC4 might be yours. Despite the issues surrounding me Sunday, I still felt I should have given you a better fight than I did. I'll fight you in our promised FT10 at Nationals this weekend, but I get the feeling it's time to pass the torch. Enjoy your victory. =)

great games everyone!!!!

and you guys made me spend $15 USD to see the pools =-P (but quite sure it'll be worth it)

Ok here goes, I hope I dont forget anyone..

Hates - you are the man.

Rigel - I hope one day you will acknowledge that I am good at blazblue and not because of my helping hand

DK - less than three shift six underscore shift six b

Tag - was a pleasure meeting you, wish i had gotten to hang out with you more

Naomi - nice meeting you too..sorry we didn't get to play any games

Shenrii and Aris - good games guys sorry I wasn't more of a challenge for you guys

Manta - YTC!! How much did you end up making on MM? If I ever come out to Cali I will definitely let you know.

Idle - nice meeting you and your gf, thanks for taking the time to record all those MMs. Can't wait to see them. We still need to play BB..I'm going to teach Alicia Nu so she will destroy you muhahaha.

Oof - nice to meet you, REMEMBER TO UPLOAD THE MOST EPIC VID OF ALL OF EVO.

Cedric - good luck at nats, I know you'll be ready to beat everyone there. Wish we could have played some more BB, I need anti-litchi experience

Serge - Thanks for everything, don't throw away heidi's card..

DC97 - You're now the #1 minor on this site because you actually showed up to EVO, I just wish we could have gotten to play some BB :)

Spman - nice to finally meet you after all the bsing we do on AIM on a daily basis.

Chacha - I'm going to hold you to teaching me Asuka for T6 :)

Bibulous - was a pleasure, I might take you up on what you offered.

KDZ - good shit in the tourney however just ended up coming a little short in the end. Also sorry for letting you and link down in blazblue, next year I'll do better! Wished we could have done some casuals for BB but maybe some other time.

SeungCheul - was nice to meet you and talk with a bit, I promise we will play warcraft 3 :)

Esom - nice to see you, I hope your neck is feeling better

Sorry if I forgot anyone, I just met so many people over the weekend was kind of a blurr :)

I'm sure people are still finishing up the remainder of their trip to Vegas so I hope everyone had fun and got home safely. I had a great time meeting and playing many people, definitely my best tournament experience so far. This was my first Evo and it won't be my last.

First we gotta give it up to the tournament organizers and the judges of each pool, without them the experience would be worse for it. Specific props to scamp for running pool A successfully.

Jer & Benjy - It was a pleasant surprise to see you guys, especially Piggy after so many years of soul arenas. You guys don't play as much as you used to but you definitely gotta stay part of the scene.

Tag & NinjaCW - Good to see you guys, props to Chris for some solid casual matches against Oof. You kids be good.

KDZ - You're a bad man Phil! A job well done, nothing else need to be said. Isn't it fatefully ironic that a fellow Hilde player would eliminate both RTD and Cedric?

Speaking of RTD, good to see you as usual. You're still a 3D sensation but I have the feeling your skills in the game would be better served playing a more complex character than Hilde! You dress well though, no complaints there.

Cedric - You're an excellent player and your matches against RTD were thrilling.

Linkrkc - You completely outclassed me and showed your experience in the game, it was a good opportunity for me to learn. Keep representing, you are U.S. Ivy.

Ivyfanboy - You're already very strong with your character, all you need is experience with the match ups and you will improve drastically. Stay up.

Naomi - Good to see you as usual, should have stuck around for the other games but I don't blame you for preferring rest. I'll hit you up in a few weeks when I'm in LA.

Motempest - I wished I could have put up a better fight since I've had some experience against OmegaXCN's Taki but I enjoyed our match none the less. Perhaps we can chop it up a bit more when I make my way down to LA for a few weeks.

OmegaXCN - Jersey made it! I enjoyed your matches and you had me worried so many times! I don't understand how Rekki got so good playing the likes of you. But regardless, we gotta get together soon.

Rekki - You're always so good somehow. Excellent matches against Link. You gotta come down to Maryland for games sometimes.

Cha Cha - Good stuff on the stream commentary. We needed someone up there to let them know what's up with SCIV.

Shen Rii - My Asian brother from around the world, I'm really glad you made it. You played well and I hope you enjoyed the rest of your trip. Tell stories and make the rest of your crew regret that they didn't make it!

French players - I didn't have a chance to personally to talk to y'all but you guys are all excellent players and it wouldn't be Evo without you. Props to Malek for being so consistent and taking it all undefeated. I hope you guys enjoy nationals.

To all the others I've met/talked to/played with as well as players from all around the world, you're all fellow fighting game fans and it was a pleasure.

It was a pleasure putting faces to names this weekend... Getting to see/meet many of the east coast/canadian players...

KDZ: Cool as the other side of the pillow... U are welcome in Dallas anytime... Death crys, low kicks, and snoring... Too good... See you this weekend in Denver... We'll do it up Downtown 8-)

Vicious/Goofus: eeeeeeeeeeeeeehhhhH! It is always fun getting games in w/ u guys. I hope we get to kick it again next Evo... Never powerbomb a friend off of your roof. It was a pleasure meeting all the massachusetts guys well... TooCool, JustKill, IronZen, Mike D. etc.

SoCal: My original home... Always good seeing u cats (I'll be out there in Dec)... I just REALLY wish you guys still played the game (looks @ Semi...)

Rigel: GGs on our MM... you scraped me no excuses.... Next time I will definitely put up a better fight... Just couldn't get anything going... More rushdown Sieg next time (you only saw about 20% of my offense... heh) I actually will make it a point to hit up some EC tourneys and play u guys...

Offbeat: GGs w/ u as well... I see the potential and you definitely took it to top players this time around... I think together we can show that this guy name Sieg actually can win ;-)

ShenRii: Nice meeting you and talking to you... We will definitely get some good Sieg/NM games in @ Nats

French Players: You guys were awesome to watch play and even more awesome to trash talk against! :-)... None of it is personal of course but we gotta hold it down for our people... That's just how we do it. Look forward to seeing/playing you guys in Denver. (Obvious note but must be said: Kayane is a cutie)

I hope to see/play every one of you @ Nats in Denver... See u then.

- I.C.E.

P.S. Shoutout to every1 who followed me on Twitter... I hope I kept u informed/entertained... Will be doing the same @ SuperCon.

A great and fun tournament. Props to all people who registered and made SC so interesting again. For that, thank you. Sorry if I was really quiet for this was my first tournament here in the US (still internalizing the whole thing even now).

Specific shoutouts to:

Manta: nice Voldo. Haven't seen a Voldo like that. The one I've played Voldo played so differently.

Hudathan: My first loss (I was the Yun user). Good Raph stuff Made me realize my mistakes again. Thanks. Great game.

Logik: great cassandra. Anyone could have won that game. I got lucky with the bubble and missed jfs.

To the Korean who uses Yunsung (I forgot your name): Totally inspirational. I have to go back to the drawing board and practice sessions with Yun.

Piggy: good game. Awed by your friendliness.

LinkRKC: My 2nd loss but still fun. good match. I wasnt able to notice the time, hahahaha...my mistake. Hopefully, I could do battle with you again someday.

To the Astaroth I fought which again I forgot the name: First of all, thanks for lending me a pad. Good astaroth but sometimes too aggressive. Good match too

Beefy and Salmon: Big Thanks for lending me your pads. Wasn't able to see your matches though.

Malek: big Congratz on winning...yay!

I'll try to come again next EVO...great matches everyone. It was truly enjoyable.

I didn't play in the tournament, but it was good seeing old faces. Specific props:

Damien - You suck. Listen to me the next time I tell you stuff before the tournament like "don't switch characters".
MysticBill - You're crazy for doing such a long drive. Good seeing you.
Neorussel - It was awesome seeing you again! Glad you were able to get Daigo's picture!
RTD - I was rooting for you the whole way! Good seeing you tho, OG SC2 players represent!
Aris - Good times reminiscing on the coldest day of your life.
Omega - Grats on 5th, you played really well, and it was cool seeing you rep your mid tier character. Great matches, and it was good talking to you!
Ciernian - You're a really nice guy, keep on playing BB!
Ivylicious - It was cool hanging out with you. Your Nightmare was really cool, and you were just cool in general.
Bibulus - Why did i see you everywhere?
Jer - Glad we got to play a bunch of SC2. Hope you had as much fun playing such an awesome game as I did!
Jer's friend (sorry i didn't get your name) - Ditto as above, Raph was fun in SC2, hopefully you picked up a few tricks. GGs.
French Players - Grats on the win. Good to talk with everyone. :)

Esom + Koichi - I <3 you guys. Sorry about the fiasco, and Colin is pretty much the worst. Fun times eating cheap appetizers at TGIFs tho.
kab - World's sexiest gamer. <3's to the end of time.

everyone else - Good seeing you again! I may not have played, but I watched a lot of the tournament and all of the top 8 matches, and it was really hype. GJ all.

I saw and met very few people this trip as it was a trip to Vegas (#1) and THEN a gaming event (#2) for me, but for everyone I did meet, good times in the Rio!

I'll see a decent amount of you in Denver all too soon.

(also, IdleMind likes dudes)

I brought my little sister up from El Paso to spend some time in Vegas, so I didn't get too much time to simply chill, but had a great time all around:

Hudathan - It was nice to get a chance to hang out, finally! Raph is fun, though I think they cursed the big screen so we could not
win there.
<37 - It was fun to whip out SC2 (I'm Jer's friend) and get some games in...I swear if we played to 100 I would get in a win..HA!
Cha Cha - I am in awe of your ability to run brackets...our SF4 bracket took a million years and pissed me off. Hopefully I can get
some weekend off to come up and chill.
Bibulus - Always fun to catch up! Every time we have been to Jersey some stupid bullshit has happened (actually, I'm pretty sure
every tournament that I have attended that Jaxel has also attended, regardless of location, has been disastrous) but mabe
I'll try to swing up there at some point and give you all a reason to smile.
O.N.I - Bien joué. C'est dommage que vous n'avez joué que deux matches et les deux avec moi. Bonne chance pour l'avenir! (Also
just because I have a degree in French doesn't mean I don't suck at it :-p)
Stuntmidget - I didn't realize they sold sticks at Hot Topic ;-) Nice Voldo, I'm sure you made OK proud - keep dodging tornadoes and
maybe we will meet again!
Revin - Algol!?!? Dominated! It was fun playing on the big screen - I told you to report to pool 11 :-p
Shenrii - It was cool to meet you, you came a long way!
Jer - Trash as always

Special shoutout to all the SC2 legends I got to meet who signed my old stick (from back when I actually played this crap) - now I can truly relive the glory days! Also - special apology to Dan for not noticing him the first time <3!

wow SO MANY epic moments at this evo, can't hardly even think straight enough yet to give propers, but I will do a quick run down of shouts I wanna get out:

SeongCheul & Kura- LOL you guys are a blast to hang out with and play with. I hope our "brave warrior battle" was memorable :). I really enjoyed meeting you guys and really hope to meet/play you again in the future. BTW, the story of your registrations for evo will become epic in due time, lol, good times mr. joystick!

Mo (Link) & Naomi- Great times hanging out, thanks for all the convos and story telling. Was much fun and hope to hang again soon.

Belial- Great mitsu man, it was a pleasure meeting you and talking with you. You are one sarcastic bastard, but the russian accent made it all good. Hope you had fun.

Idlemind + gf- thanks for letting us all play in your room. LOL remind your girl to stop writing checks her mouth can't cash haha!

Oof- good times hanging out and just talking about matches the day before. It was a great time as always bro.

Halister- mad props for having me and oof in the room, great as always to hang out .

Tag & Ninja- great seeing you two. Chris props on that solid kilik and it was indeed nice to finally meet you Cindy, wish we coulda hung out, but there is always next time :)

Jer & Piggy- great hooking up again via the good ol days. Much fun exploring T6 together and hating on 360 pads ;p

Vicious & goofus- great games, and thanks for letting us play in your room as well. Great rock v rock goofus!

RTD- Thanks for having breakfast with me and chillin for a bit. You are a solid a player as ever and it was good seeing you back in action.

HumanTyphoon- Thanks also for opening your room for play, nice setsuka and nice meeting you

Russell- lol the disappearing man, you randomly showed up for stuff but it was good hanging out and talking SF.

Manta- nice to finally meet you, you had some cooky tech traps, I enjoyed watching your voldo.

Cedric & rest of nor cal- I briefly met all of you and it was nice to finally put the faces to names, great games to those I played and it was a pleasure meeting you all.

Esom & Koichi- thanks for brining the tv and system to play on, it was good to meet you guys and we had some fun times.

NJ/NYC crew- thanks for showing and repping the EC, we didn't hang much, but it was good to see the coast represented well. Props to KDZ for rushing that Hilde shit down.

Malek & France- nice to meet you all, wish I coulda played you more, you were all MAD solid. Props to malek again for being an unstoppable force in the tourney!

to be continued... and anyone I forgot, you know I got love for ya, just in a bit of a rush!

thanks for all the help and props for my commentary and bracket running, it was appreciated and I hope to do more at evo next year.

cha cha

Met so many people I don't know where to start, so all I will say for now is it was really fun to meet and play everyone. I'll see many of you at nats, and keep talking to the rest of you on javachat / aim and so on.

BanHilde ftw.

Ahhhhh..good to be back home now..shouts out to all i got to play!!.. and those that placed up der in the top 8-10 as well, thanks all that joined the Kill/g0ofus or g0ofus/Kill room(whateva ya wanna call it)

Belial, hmmm, i don't quite remember using Vader against you at all, i did use him that day of course, but i think it was just my rusty Yoshi i used when we played :(

Alas, Glad to have played you, it was refreshing for me to accomplish just that and it took me a round to remember from my past mitsu playing to punish correctly,..we only knew of each other since Sc2?..lol , and finally got to play ya, gg's

Cha cha :very well pool running man, went smooth as a baby's bottom, would have liked to have gotten some matches with you(unfortunate for the 1 system 1 tv room deal)was lots of people comin' through the door every other second!..it was insane and fun at the same time...and your Rock MM's with Kura? or ShenRii?..uhhh brain fart!!!.. it was great to watch and... everyone gettin' owned by the XMB screen poppin' up everywhere!!!

Mystic(hope i spelled that correctly) was nice to meet you and Offbeat Ninja!, never got to play ya, though watching you beat Vicious and g0ofus was a total treat!!!..but the quick games i got in with Offbeat were fun too! and thanks for staying for sessions/hanging out with us at room 330

IcecoldEdge: fun games man..sorry for sleepin' on ya though, i think i proved at least a few matches that i clearly knew whats up and had to at least show it whilst sleepin' , lol gt's/ gg's, hope teh see ya again!

Kura: oh man, my very 1st match in pool D, almost down to the last hit tied 1-1.. it was great to have played and when i say this i hope i say it correctly.."the best player in Korea".. you have good skill and you also have other character talents as well, very good games, you traveled pretty far for this event to compete, and you showed you could do just that, gg's.

JaHa: was a blast(literaly) to chill with ya man, next year i think maybe BR and ..(if its still alive which it better be!!) SC4 i will play..wonderin' how i will be doing that*schemes up a super plan*..also i have a small request of you and that is to give Vicious a titty twister next time you see him, you can say its from JustKill if you like! mwahahahahaha!!.....

Vicious: gg's fats ...well, i heard you gave some out of town folk some trouble along the way, our matches were fun man, and your match against Malik were solid too, gg both of you guys

IdleMind: gg's on over 1000 gigs of recorded matches!!!!??? EHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!..good shit, you were in the pool to my right and i didn't get to see much whilst you me/everyone paying mind to their pools of course, glad to see both you and your GF there made there and back home, i gotta save up xtra-extra early if i want that luxury next time around...

g0ofus:i enjoyed watching your Rock mm's with Cha Cha, was a treat to watch you guys it was fun,

gonna leave it here till the rest of the EVO guys return home from Nationals to get the rest up, i haven't forgot all that i met up with(or at least think i met) but will get those shouts out along with Aris/OOF/ShenRii/ Kura(room casuals), and ah.uhhm, i forgot the other dudes name that was using Yun; very solid and from Korea as well?...anyways you too man and the top 8-10!... peace!

Edit: i am now looking into gamer anger management enrollments...a.k.a ..G.A.M.E.S...lol, just came up with that and the shoe fits!... a few friendly birds gave me a bit of insight on some shit and got me to focus more clearly, so for those that don't know me and that i met at EVO...i have a good heart and a good person but, when it comes to playing video games(depending on what it is)then i just blow up at certain things!, i cant have that shit no more its raising my blood pressure i think..(not too sure if im the only one with this symptom).....

but i need to focus more on the game and not get worked up on what other(s) might say to me/or about me(even friends) while playing them or others, than whats going on upstairs and getting worked up over it.. i gotta start to wear head phones too or something to help until matches are fully completed for the time being.

Hey now!! Just wanted to a give a quick shoutout to RTD and Kayane! I ran into you two in the convenience store by the elevators and my friend, Mike D randomly told you that I had some match footage that you wanted me to post. So without further ado, here it is:

I also want to give props to all the MA Tekken/SC players that attended: Ironzen, Mike D, Vicious, ToCool, Idlemind, WhiteShadow, Just-Kill, & Goofus...

Back