Evolution Championship Series 2013 Aftermaths

That^ and also because round robin is the best way to test a player's endurance and skills

EVO was amazing. First off, thanks to AlexJ, Tomahawk and Chemie for running it so smoothly. Special thanks to MadCatz for supporting the #1 fighting game.

Shoutouts:

-RTD- Thanks for everything man. The advice, the room, the games, the support. You're still Calibur's legendary player haha

-Harry- Was nice playing some casuals before the tourney. You had great placement with those Natsu AAs, and getting your momentum back.

KC: Congrats on winning Evo!!! You are like the most humble guy I've ever met lol. Congrats. lolviola.

Thanks man! lolviola indeed!

-Kayane- Nice to see you're still a killer even with your main banned in your country. I hope your new job continues to go well! You're a celebrity now ;]

-AlexJ- Thanks for the jaeger! And great job pulling the community together for this tourney.

-Tomahawk- Great job on the tourney. It's a bummer we couldn't break our 1-1 tourney tie. Maybe next time

-Chemie- GGs at the tourney and thanks for helping the guys run things. Also, thanks for working so hard on the stream. Tell Bunny I said "hi" and totally remember him.

Kinetic Clash: I hate you and I hate your country >:( lol jk, you're the man of the hour in here, and as such you shall be treated like a champ...

You hate USA? Anyway, thanks for being one of the few people on my side during GFs lol. And thanks for making me sweat against your ZWEI, I guess that character has some hope after all. It was nice chillin with you watching the broke ass MK9 tourney while Therm rekt people in casuals. I hope to see your ZWEI making it to top 8 very soon. And man, you beat RTD, you're basically a killer now.

KineticClash: Congrats on winning it all man! Your Viola was super mean, and your Ivy was very strong too.

Thanks man. Lol, that was fun stuff. Keep working on those Pat's! And remember, with Apat, don't always go for the difficult huge damage combos. Sometimes it's better just to get guaranteed damage.

KineticClash: You're a phony.

Kinetic Phony ftw. Thanks, and we'll definitely get games in next time we meet!

First is congratulations to KineticClash, I was very surprised seeing that sick combo!

Thanks, glad I could show off! Keep leveling up man and you'll be able to get some matches on me.

-KCD- GGs in the tourney and also in casuals. That WR B+K cancel is dirty. It's a good thing Viola's 2A reaches halfway across the screen

-Jimbo!- That epic moment that apparently never happened was epic. Thanks for still being a good sport and shaking my hand. Hopefully we can get more games in next tourney, they're very fun.

-Therm- Thanks for knocking out Itazan! We'll do a MM at next tourney.

-Manta- Glad we could do some offline Ivy vs Voldo matches! And ggs in the tournament. Sickest Voldo in the WC no doubt. Dem gimmicks ;]

-Signia- I've never seen Yoshi do so well against Viola, props man. Had to pull out some of the cheapest Viola nonsense against you. Also, those JFs were impressive. I think I remember seeing a drunken casual of yours where you did about 15 perfect JFs in a single round. Good stuff and great style haha. GGs

Finally: http://gyazo.com/7d018b5b19231b94f987ea14aeff5eb3

To which I respond with: http://gyazo.com/e7ce92be1a9454f1eaa0efdef461e205

thanks for being one of the few people on my side during GFs
Nigga I was rooting for you since the start. I even turned Hussler to the dark side and cheered for you during GFs lol :p

It was nice chillin with you watching the broke ass MK9 tourney while Therm rekt people in casuals
Ban Sonya... and then unban her when I pick her up

And thanks for making me sweat against your ZWEI
Gross lol

you beat RTD, you're basically a killer now
but then I lost to Signia, I'm a scrub now :p

It was really chill hanging with you though. And I'm glad you didn't listen to me when I told you to use Ivy. I think you would have lost lol xD glad you stuck with Viola. Oh, and screw you I have husky now too ;]

Thanks to IRM for making Marginal unviable

Can't blame IRM. Between waiting on a new cable modem and my work schedule I was playing maybe an hour a week if at all for two months leading up to Evo.

The whole Evo experience did fire me up though. So it was worthwhile regardless. I may actually try to be viable.

If this game's life was still strong this is exactly what would happen down the road. Viola beastin end game. Congrats KC! Saw someone mention Viola winning on my fb newsfeed and had to come see for myself. That and TTT2 didn't beat SC5 numbers at ego during there respective debut. Called this a long time ago on FB. Found it interesting it came true. Perhaps one day SC will no longer be shafted for TK by namco themselves.

Also lol at MK9 turnout for a main game.

If this game's life was still strong this is exactly what would happen down the road. Viola beastin end game. Congrats KC! Saw someone mention Viola winning on my fb newsfeed and had to come see for myself. That and TTT2 didn't beat SC5 numbers at ego during there respective debut. Called this a long time ago on FB. Found it interesting it came true. Perhaps one day SC will no longer be shafted for TK by namco themselves.

Also lol at MK9 turnout for a main game.

Speaking of turn out, does anyone know the final entrances numbers for all the games? Not registration specifically but the amount who actually showed up. I heard SCV had more entrances than MK9 last year as well, if it happened again this year that would lend more weight to the request of this game being on the main line up. Plenty of games had several years for players to show their support at EVO, i think it's only fair that SCV be given that chance as well, and if we had the numbers to back it up the case would be stronger.

Speaking of turn out, does anyone know the final entrances numbers for all the games? Not registration specifically but the amount who actually showed up. I heard SCV had more entrances than MK9 last year as well, if it happened again this year that would lend more weight to the request of this game being on the main line up. Plenty of games had several years for players to show their support at EVO, i think it's only fair that SCV be given that chance as well, and if we had the numbers to back it up the case would be stronger.

Sorry for the late response. I don't frequent here but other than registration numbers I have no idea.

Just wanted to give a shoutout to the organizers, for running the tournament very well with limited resources.
Also RTD - doubt you'll ever see this but thanks for trying to sneak in the casual match lol.
Thermidor - yea you bodied me. Nightmare outspaces Sieg and without my usual "omg he did something besides 3B and agA" advantage I never stood a chance.
Hussler - That match shouldn't have gone the way it did... my CE in match 5 was the worst CE of all time lol, but it was a good bait after I'd made a similar mistake earlier on.

Edit: Also for the record I didn't bail early because I was salty, I bailed early because I was traveling with my sister who'd had quite enough since there were no finals for anything she played on Saturday and wanted to grab food and leave. You guys were all awesome. (Although I admittedly started to get a little angry against Hussler when I realized that what had been my main game up until a month earlier was the only game out of 4 that I was going 0-2 in.)

Back