Favorite Lexia tricks

Jakajantiamu

[11] Champion
Do you know of any tricks or setups that you like to use to try to bait people into doing something?

I don't know if anyone else does this, but I like to do a 6A+B followed by a 4A+B and CE if that connects because if people stand, which sometimes they do right into the 4A+B it does tend to generate a lot of damage.

I know, good players won't stand into it, but do you guys know many other good tricks that can you can use to catch or hit players who stand or roll more commonly? I apologize if this is covered somewhere else.

Some setups I use, obviously not viable if you get predictable with it:

3B 1B 3BB 66K 44K(The 3BB can be rolled or jumped over. The 44K can be interrupted but usually after all that they try and wait until your next move. Hurts the guard guage.

66BbB 3B+K(Hurts the guard guage, wont work against experienced opponents because they will step the 66BbB)

I also end AA BE and 4BB with the K quake stun to fish for a free combo. If they block it hurts the guard guage.

I had an Ivy grab me tonight online after I did a AA BE and before I could get the quake part of it in, never knew they could do that.

I like to delay AA BE in combos because I think it looks cool. On block it won't change up the timing for GI but it can work on JG. I still wouldn't bother doing it unless they are repeatedly JG AAB.

Reveal the entirety of my gameplan? Sure, why not, since so many people in this Soul Arena just bitch about her anyways. I'd love to talk about some of the cool shit she can do.

- 66K into throw/3B on hit. There are enough plus frames to almost guarantee a throw attempt, and if they're crouching or breaking, smack them with 3B which is the exact same speed and hits mid. I've actually been using 3A+B instead, but 3B is the same speed and should prove more effective for reasons I'll detail later.

- 2B+K, AA BE, 3B. Getting that quake step is a bit tough, but if you do, the cool thing about this combo is that it can carry your opponent to the wall, which means bonkers damage.

- Feints. Not the +8 on block feints; I hardly ever use those. I mean the guard cancels. The possibility of guard canceling is what makes 11AA and 2A+B not suck, and it makes 3B+K (you guard cancel the second K) more useful than it already is. I hardly ever 3B, 3B+K anymore, but the guard cancel could prove a useful trick to extend damage. After guard cancels, I like to throw since they stand up immediately upon realizing the low's not coming. If you GC 3B+KK, then 3B should work if they stay crouching, but the other ones leave you BT, and throws are the only moves that work the same BT. But that's all fine and dandy. BT B+K them if they stay crouching, and get that iWS B BE combo.

- 223698_889632B. So if you look at that input, you'll see it's a quick step followed by a half circle over to the opposite direction, followed by B. And what exactly is the point of that? Well, 22_88B doubles back on itself. How many times have you attempted this move only to walk back into your opponent's attack? No more. This input lets you continue in the direction you were already going. Depending on how fast you input it, there is sometimes a slight delay where you stop moving for a brief moment... but it's better than walking back into your opponent's attack.

- 22_88B+K. You know, the twirly auto-impact. This impacts all non-thrust non-kick highs and mids, which is actually a decent chunk of moves. Not only that, but it has a rather gracious impact window. If you're already moving, you can do this on reaction to nearly any move, otherwise it's good for prediction or reaction to slow moves. If you catch a move with the impact, BHH B them and get launcher shenanigans. Otherwise, use the BHH K series to open them up.

- 1B. This move is the best move she has, and it makes her launchers scary. It goes into FC, but the damage isn't great... so what's the point? An untechable knockdown. Another person in the forums put its utility quite nicely: "I'm going to do FC stuff, and I want you to stay right at my feet while I do them." Doing this move after any launcher guarantees that the next OTG attack you do will at least touch them. I always favor 1B after launchers instead of 3B+K because the mixup damage I can get is better than the guaranteed combo damage, and that's if I guess right only once. I use it in combination with FC 3B and WS A+B most of the time, which is already a mid-low mixup that they have to take. If they try to wake up into an attack, FC 3B relaunches them. You have no idea how many times I've done FC 3B, 1B, FC 3B, 1B, FC 3B, etc. But I can mix it up even more, and usually right back into FC.

- FC 3bB. I love this move. Sure, it's reactable, but the instinctive low block screws your opponent over since it's +8 on block. And honestly, most people just don't block it. On hit, I combo it into 6KK, which leaves me FC and +8, and I get to start my FC game all over again.

- WS A+B. This is my favorite thing to do from FC because it branches off into so much. The first and most obvious thing it can do is the low/high/low with WS A+BB, which is all nice and fun. It's decent enough. You probably want to start out doing this since it conditions the opponent. But then you want to start doing the other options. First off, there's the BA, WS A+BbB. That's +11 on block, and on hit, down they go. Easily jumpable, sure, but still worth doing. But the best way to mess with your opponent's head is to do only WS A+B, and then do any standing option once you're back on your feet. My favorite things to do out of WS A+B are 3B, throw, 2K, and 2A+B.

So I think those are my big ones. I'll add more if I think of them.

EDIT: Realized some BT implications from guard cancels.

AA[BE] to kill people at low life even while they're blocking.

Also thanks so much TiZ, can some other good players post nice tricks like he did?

Also any other moves can guard cancel out of ? Besides 2A+B, 3B+K and 11AA?

As soon as I get home, I'll be recreating my Leixia. I've decided to win with her anyway, though this almost guarantees no patches. So, you may see a couple more hints from me.

Wow, thank you Tiz.

I have found an interesting trick per say, though it may be flawed.. Almost everyone likes to attack as soon as they can, or so it seems. I tend to be a more defensive player so I like to play as if every hit is going to be a counter hit. I get lots of AAB and the 6B+A grabs in, sometimes the grab seems to work without a quake stun which is odd to me.

I too have fallen in love with FC 3BB + 6kk, now I will have to try following that with a throw, it just sounds sexy to me!

For getting off critical edges I like 22 or 88b, I seem to be able to get it off more reliably than any other, but 4A+B + CE absolutely hits harder.

Have you guys found any good combos to do after a CE that put out good damage?

Oh, I have a really simple trick that Zeroeffect covered. If you get a clean armor break a easy to execute meterless combo that is guaranteed is 8B+K, BK., 33b.. I usually just do 3B because it is easier to mash as a guaranteed combo. I will try out 1b tonight and see if I can get it to work.

Wow, thank you Tiz.

I have found an interesting trick per say, though it may be flawed.. Almost everyone likes to attack as soon as they can, or so it seems. I tend to be a more defensive player so I like to play as if every hit is going to be a counter hit. I get lots of AAB and the 6B+A grabs in, sometimes the grab seems to work without a quake stun which is odd to me.

I too have fallen in love with FC 3BB + 6kk, now I will have to try following that with a throw, it just sounds sexy to me!

For getting off critical edges I like 22 or 88b, I seem to be able to get it off more reliably than any other, but 4A+B + CE absolutely hits harder.

Have you guys found any good combos to do after a CE that put out good damage?

Oh, I have a really simple trick that Zeroeffect covered. If you get a clean armor break a easy to execute meterless combo that is guaranteed is 8B+K, BK., 33b.. I usually just do 3B because it is easier to mash as a guaranteed combo. I will try out 1b tonight and see if I can get it to work.

The 8B+K, Bt B+K, 1B works but it knocks the opponent away which takes away the mixup potential afterwards, which is the whole point of 1B anyway.

The 8B+K, Bt B+K, 1B works but it knocks the opponent away which takes away the mixup potential afterwards, which is the whole point of 1B anyway.

You know, your right. I think i focus too much on making a string do the most damage, instead of thinking about the next string and the whole flow of it all. This is where I need to improve the most.

You know, your right. I think i focus too much on making a string do the most damage, instead of thinking about the next string and the whole flow of it all. This is where I need to improve the most.

1B doesnt do the most damage anyway :p. It really depends on your style. If you just like to play defensively and punish, then max damage might be better. If you like to be on the offensive a lot then 1B pressure is a must. It can also depend on the matchup you are facing.

I will go try to learn this 1b game. It sounds like it might give me what I feel is missing from my game.

Condition your opponent with 3A A a few times.

Now mix up the second A with FC2K, WR A+B, WR K, and 66A+G_B+G. Once you've scared them out of interrupting you, this tactic is a great way to extend your pressure and end with a frame trap or mixup.

To extend wall combo sequences, use 4B B as your ender, provided you use AA BE somewhere earlier in the combo. 4B B without the crumple leaves Leixia at close range and a +4 frame advantage.

Here are some samples:

3B, W!, AA BE, 3B, W!, 4B B. B+G, W!, 1B

4K, W!, 44[A], AA BE, 3B, 4B B. B+G, W!, 1B

(Guard Crush), 44[A], AA BE, 3B, W!, 4A+B, W!, 4B B. B+G, W!, 1B

I've been left with less than 10% life, then turned the tables and shredded my opponent who had 90% life before I got the wall splat. Feels good.

After combo-ing into 6KK after something like 6B CHA or 44[A], AA BE; immediately using RCC B+K results in near-perfect automatic timing for a throw to connect on the very first frame your opponent can stand & guard. Obviously it'll whiff if they roll, but most people won't want to stay down after eating 6KK on stun counter. After you've initiated the B+K, just mash on your favorite throw and watch 'em stand up into it.

After mid screen A+G, an opponent who stands up right away is automatically at tip range for another throw if you use iFC a+bG right after the first throw. You can step in normally, but the animation of the jump makes them seize up and twitch up/down because they're trying to react to the low. Try chaining throws together this way in training mode, then start mixing in the low and the occasional mid like 3A

B+G, W!, 1B is a much better option IMO unless its a character dependent combo. Tech traping with 66 A_B+G is still applicable and it puts you in FC to make people fear the FC3B so they will tech more often. Also the same amount of damage.

Why do people still do B+G, W!, 3B?

To be honest, 1B probably is better after a b grab wall splat. 2K, 66K, 1B, and 3B all do about the same damage after scaling. It all comes down to your wakeup preferences. My habit has always been 3B, so that's what I do most of the time.

If I remembered half of this after leaving this topic, I would leave despising Leixia even more. Damn you guys...

Back