[Feb 2, 2013] The Jersey Shoreyuken 9 @ The Nerd Palace (Absecon, Nj)

OmegaXCN

[10] Knight
Posted on Shoryuken.com:

What's up everyone, my name is DMG | Slob Murph and I have been running Monday Night Fight Nights at the Nerd Palace every Monday for the past two years. I have also helped out with various tournaments, most notably for the old school "Jersey Shoreyuken" series when Street Fighter 4 first made its debut. On February 2nd, we will be continuing the Jersey Shoreyuken Saga with our 9th installment "Jersey Shoreyuken 9."

Where is it?

Nerd Palace, NJ (Absecon, NJ)
228 North Shore rd. Absecon, NJ 08201
We are located just outside of Atlantic City. We are also located across the street from the Absecon Train Station!

When Is it?

Saturday, February 2nd
Starts at 6:00 PM
Ends at 11:59 PM

Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition will start at 6:00 PM
Street Fighter x Tekken Ver. 2013 will start at 6:00 PM
Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 will start at 8:00 PM

I will be there at 4:00 PM, so if you want to play casuals, you are more than welcome to come early.

What games will be in the tournament?
Street Fighter x Tekken Ver. 2013
Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition
Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3

(I want to hold either Soul Calibur or TTT2 as well. Need input from community)

How much does it cost?
To enter Jersey Shoreyuken 9 you simply pay the entry fee. The venue usually goes to paying for the cost of running the tournament, renting the venue, etc. however, we are doing it for FREE. All money collected from entry fees go 100% right back to the winners.

Venue Fee - FREE
Entry Fee - $10
How much can you win?
1st Place - 70%
2nd Place - 20%
3rd Place - 10%

Simply put, if there are 40 competitors that pay $10 to play Street Fighter x Tekken Ver. 2013, the prize pool would be (40 x $10) = $400. If you come in 1st place, you will receive 70% of the prize pool, or $280.

What gaming console will be used?
This is a tough one! But after hours of thought and contemplation, we will be running everything on Xbox 360. We are aware that this may not be the most popular choice, but it is the most COMPETITIVE gaming console due to the input lag that comes with PS3.

However, SOUL CALIBUR and TEKKEN TAG 2 are on PS3.

What are the rules?
All tournaments will be double elimination. Standard EVO 2013 Rules will be applied:
Street Fighter x Tekken Ver. 2013 - Best of 3
Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition - Best of 3
Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 - Best of 5
Hope to see some familiar faces, as well as some new ones! Support the local Fighting Game Community and show up!

Here is a link to the stream:
www.twitch.tv/nerdpalace

Here is what the venue looks like:
[/quote]

I'm gathering interest for Soul Calibur and Tekken, so please post if you're interested.

I know I can count on the Philly and Avylon crew to come support Calibur.

Aneudy and I will definitely be there for sure.

My cell is 609-335-5079 for anyone who gets lost or needs to be picked up from the Absecon train station.

If you're driving, I highly recommend parking on Natalie Terrace, then walking up to Shore Road, you'll see it on your right.

in there. if anyone is driving through the rutgers area let me know so i dont have to take a 3 hour trip through nj transit

Hope everybody staying safe during this little bit of nasty weather. The weekend should be nice.

See you guys then....as long as I don't get lost on the way there.

Any time really. I was planning on going around the time Aneudy gets out of work, which should be around 6-7ish

Back