Final Round

Spuro

[08] Mercenary
I think its probably just me but does anyone else get slightly distracted in the final round of a match, when the music changes after someone loses 50% of their lifebar?

Its just a very minor thing but I have to admit I sometimes get slightly more pressured into making mistakes when that music starts playing
icon10.gif

I hate that change in the music. I'm quite a perfectionist when it comes to little things like that. It doesn't transition from the music of any of the stages very well. If they're gonna do a change in music, I think it should have been worked into the stage soundtrack, fitting with the sounds from that stage.

It has the reverse effect on me and actually pumps me up a bit more.

I never noticed the music changed..... Probably because most of the songs are very dull. Hall of the Warrior God is probably my favorite stage music.

I find it very annoying. Why can't they just keep the same music instead of some tense music which usually makes me screw up.

That music actually reminds me it's the last round and I should stop fooling around trying to hit random combo's and finish the failure I'm fighting. Rounds seem to fly by really fast when I play I don't even realize it's the final round half the time.

I think its probably just me but does anyone else get slightly distracted in the final round of a match, when the music changes after someone loses 50% of their lifebar?

Its just a very minor thing but I have to admit I sometimes get slightly more pressured into making mistakes when that music starts playing
icon10.gif

I actually turn the music completely off when I play.

i never noticed it myself

is it online only, or offline as well

It's for any mode, as long as its the final round and both players are past 50% of their life bar.

I kind of agree with the notion that its annoying, but I think its more due to the fact that the music in SCIV just isn't that good imo. SFIII:TS has a similar musical effect in the final round but its much better implemented.

If anyone knows what I'm talking about, it has a seperate musical track for each stage track when it gets to that 'critical' bit of the fight, and blends in the original stage music too. The soundtrack on that game is also much better than the one in SCIV.

I don't mind it. It just stresses the fact that you're having a close match. As for the actual track itself, it serves it's purpose. It's not one of the best tracks in the game but it gets the idea across. I honestly don't think the music in SC IV is as bad as people constantly complain. It's not the best of the Soul series but that doesn't mean it's terrible. I can listen to the songs without my ears bleeding so I have no issue with them. Just like in all of the other installments of the Soul series, I only have two favorite tracks in this game, Immaculate Pledge and Gigantesque.

Yeah, the music is ATROCIOUS, not to mention it disturbs me when I'm close to losing.

I guess it's an incentive to not let matches go to five rounds for me.

Also, I find that the game chugs slightly for the music to load at rare times and that can add onto the stress.

Really, I can't believe how badly Namco-Bandai flummoxed the music in this game when they were doing so well at it for all the other Soul games.

I don't think the rest of the music is that bad, I think it sounds more atmospheric in this game. But yeah, again I say that the final round music kills it.

Well, it's not quite bad enough for me to mute it, but you could only describe the music in the other games as 'epic' quite easily. It went from being truly great to being pedestrian. None really carries the catchiness of SC1's, SC2's, SC3's or even Soul Edge's for example. That said, I played the demo for SC1 on the XBox Live Arcade and the music already blew me away. Full ten years after playing it originally (and duh, the Lizardman theme is there at least. I must say that is my favorite. And the ending roll which has the original SC theme music). Can't say the same for SC4's music in general. I'm seriously considering buying the SC1 music pack for SC4. Ten bucks and all.

And the whole 'desperation music!' thing just befuddles me. They say the SC staff is infamous for not getting in touch with the hardcore community like Virtua Fighter staff is, and I think that kind of basic disconnect in the action shows that (though still big kudos for the flashier, more fun game).

Back