First post and 6A+B discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prymo

[08] Mercenary
Hi all,

Just wanted to make a quick first post as I am new here(yay for another Talim ^^).
I also want to say that OOFMATIC inspired me to play as a Talim and my game is pretty much as he plays it (credit to OOFMATIC ofcourse). I am very eager to play and learn stuff. Sorry for not making a very valid post.

For making this post a bit more useful. It may be my nubness but 6A+B is a really nice spacing move even on block. I use it alot in my game and sometimes I even take the opponent by suprise with it. I apologize if I am speaking nonsense though.

it's good for getting their soul gauge into red and that's about all I use it for. Otherwise it's extremely linear and punishable if stepped..not so much if guarded, which is why I like it for SG damage.

Yes that's true. But it's a nice safe move to get some distance from your opponent if he blocks it. Atleast I use it to get some pressure of me. Never thought of it as a soul gauge move. Maybe I should try that

Hey, welcome Prymo.

I like to throw the move out there every so often. It's almost never stepped (unless you use it too much) and it does work the Soul gauge nicely. Another cool thing about it is you can cancel it quickly and fake people out sometimes. I don't really use it that way, but it's a possibility if you find that people are catching on to it.

6A+B was originally one my favorite moves too when I first started maining Talim. Of course, this was back in SC2. In SC4, the move isn't quite as good anymore (in terms of damage) and is also risky to attempt. But it's still a pretty fun move to use every once in a while, though. :)

Welcome to the Forums Prymo.

Ya sometimes you can catch people off guard.
:6::A::+::B:'s got a long reach, sometimes a strange hotbox and it's a push back on guard.

Sometimes I throw it out when the opponent's gettin up (after a bein grounded).

agilefalcon16- Think my wife used to have a Firebird, nice but ya a Diablo's better.

Welcome to the Forums Prymo.
Sometimes I throw it out when the opponent's gettin up (after a bein grounded).

I forgot to mention this earlier, but yeah, that's when I usually try to use it as well. They can't really side-step it if they're still getting up!

agilefalcon16- Think my wife used to have a Firebird, nice but ya a Diablo's better.

Awesome! And the fact that you and your wife are from Japan just makes it even more awesome! I didn't even know Firebirds were sold in there! XD I'm curious, what year Firebird was it? :)

No it isn't >:U

In my opinion, the two shouldn't be compared.

I mean, one's an Italian Exotic Car, and one's an American Muscle Car (well, kinda). It's like comparing apples to oranges. :P

I'm American and from Los Angeles. My wife was there, in the U.S. when I met her (she's Japanese) and she had the car then.
It was a late 80's early 90's.
May be able to find a used Firebird here in Japan, although it'd be rare.

I'd take an original Shelby Cobra 427 myself, old school Ford V-8 for me.

I'm American and from Los Angeles. My wife was there, in the U.S. when I met her (she's Japanese) and she had the car then.

Ah, I see. I'm sorry then. According to your basic info, it said that you were located in Chiba, Japan, so that's where I came up with the idea that you were from Japan. XD

But, yeah. Ford V-8's are cool too. The original Ford GT40 is one of my personal favorites.

I mainly use 6A+B after a blocked 4B*B. Most people I play tend to dash in after the blocked 4B*B and the setup does major SG damage for those who block. I usually mixup that and 44A*A for people that catch on.

Welcome Prymo!

I have to say I'm really happy that I managed to inspire at least one person to pick up Talim. :D

My game with Talim doesn't really revolve much around trying to CF the opponent, but when I do happen to get their Soul Gauge flashing is when I start to use 6A+B. Other than that I don't really use this move much.

Thanks for the many replies so far ^^.

Well it was more because every other move has already been discussed to death...dunno what to talk about further. However I saw some Korean guy...Kura or something. He also played Talim but really safe instead of jumping around hoping for a wrong guess of the opponent. It doesn't look as flashy though. I think some people have seen it already but I'll link it anyway.

I hope it will make it a link by himself..

Edit: Stupid me... OOMATIC already replied in the comments :P But anyway for the rest to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back