[Florida] lol, Florida thread

i want to play too! if we can get something together this month that would be great.

when is everyone free? sundays are good for me this month..

also, welcome, newman!

Dwayne, we're planning on playing at Grimmace's today, gimme a call if you see this before I call you...and wake you up. xD

Good times today. Wish it didn't have to end. Thanks for the ride, Branden. You da man!

Always a pleasure to see and play you, Valerie.

I watched that movie, Darryl. It was great! Thanks alot. I hope the movie you went to see was good too.

thanks for hosting grimmace! much appreciated, and thanks to renki for always being so helpful.

enk, renki, grimmace, it was good to play you all again. fun times were had by all :)

needs more hildecalibur ;p

Looks like Hilde and Algol are banned for that GAMME tourney. I guess that means Becky won't be winning now. Oh well.

ok soo... Dan will be down from the 18th-24th of march, most likely gonna be mostly T6, but we should try and set something up during that time for some SC as well.

just a heads up, dan comes in tomorrow... and i was thinking about trying to set something up on sunday. lemme know if you're interested.

Hey guys, this is kind of random, but do any of you know roughly how much it costs to take a taxi from the Orlando airport (MCO, in case there's more than one) to Disney's Wide World of Sports Complex? I'm told it's about a 20 mile drive, but I don't know how bad traffic is there.

sup guys...yall need to sign up for this new site about fighting games. its all about every fighting game as well as MMA. its pretty bad ass & its free!!! kinda like face book too. its a site by Mr. Cox from H-Town so lets all support it & keep it alive because it is very legit. the site is called:

www.gmma.us

Since there was no results thread posted ... it was good to finally meet the famous Renki this past weekend. You should have entered the tournament! And I apologize for not being a nerdy looking white guy. =P

^^ DID YOU GUYS GO TO THE MLG "TOURNAMENT"? someone that went on saturday (i went to mlg friday/sunday) told me there was a sc tournament being held and i was SO PISSED to have missed it. i was at work all day :<

okay, i know we are all real quiet around here but i think we should all start speaking up for this.

a few looks over at the gamme thread here, at srk, and smashboards will give anyone who is reading it a feeling of uncertainty. looks like a lot of shady business is going on, and now people are questioning whether or not the event will happen at all.

however, some of the best players in this community are flying down here, and if the tournament isn't happening, it was suggested that we should have some sort of plan b for these guys. i know i already have time taken off of work for the 4-6th, suirad and other northerners have arrangements to make it down here in orlando, etc... i think its definitely possible to have something to set up, maybe out of the hotel it was originally supposed to be in. i could probably chip in some money towards a room or something.

i just feel bad for everyone who has invested time and money into this tournament, and i was personally looking forward to meeting/playing with all of the best, etc.. gamme might still happen of course, but if it doesn't, i don't see anything wrong with possibly setting up an alternative.

i'm posting here because i don't have everyone's numbers. :<

I heard about the shady business going on in the past with the organizers of G.A.M.M.E.

I'm not exactly sure what we'd be able to do about it though. None of us really have the tournament organization expertise that some of the people coming down have. Maybe if someone like OOFMATIC or someone would opt to take head of such a project, it'd work out. Idlemind seems to think the tournament will still happen, and it just might, but if there's no payout...well...that sucks.

Even then, if we did hold another tournament in place of G.A.M.M.E., there's going to be money lost regardless(since none of us have thousands of dollars to piss away, lol).

^^ DID YOU GUYS GO TO THE MLG "TOURNAMENT"? someone that went on saturday (i went to mlg friday/sunday) told me there was a sc tournament being held and i was SO PISSED to have missed it. i was at work all day :<

Yep. Almost no one knew how to play, though. They just entered because it was free.

Back