[Florida] lol, Florida thread

GGs everyone that DID show up, was fun to finally play again after months without.
hope you guys made it back alright.

Yeah, GGs. We made it back, but we went took the wrong exit, and decided to go ahead and get gas. Of course, the car started its mind games. But I was able to GI it, so yay.

After and hour and a half drive, an hour and a half in the hot ass sun in the hot ass car waiting for people to show up, I gotta say it was worth it.

But I'm not sure how these gatherings are going to work out. We were lucky enough that the NLL guys let us play for free this time, but I doubt they'll keep doing that.

Gah, sorry for the triple post, but I felt it was necessary.

What are we going to do for monthlies now? Since Ray has pretty much gone AWOL, I doubt NLL will keep letting us play for free.

But there is good news. I made an account on NextLevelLan.com, checked out the prices, and its only like $5 for a 5-10 hour block. I'm not sure if its per person though, the price chart isn't very detailed.

Of course, I'd rather not pay to play Soul Calibur, but I will if I have to. Is there anyone in Orlando (since its pretty much the central meeting area) that would be willing to shack us up for a few hours?

I really don't want our scene to die until SC5. I want as much practice as I can get, and so does my cousin. I love this game way too much to say goodbye so early.

Gah, sorry for the triple post, but I felt it was necessary.

What are we going to do for monthlies now? Since Ray has pretty much gone AWOL, I doubt NLL will keep letting us play for free.

But there is good news. I made an account on NextLevelLan.com, checked out the prices, and its only like $5 for a 5-10 hour block. I'm not sure if its per person though, the price chart isn't very detailed.

Of course, I'd rather not pay to play Soul Calibur, but I will if I have to. Is there anyone in Orlando (since its pretty much the central meeting area) that would be willing to shack us up for a few hours?

I really don't want our scene to die until SC5. I want as much practice as I can get, and so does my cousin. I love this game way too much to say goodbye so early.

Triple Post WAS IN FACT Unnecessary.

But I Agree, I'm Finally Starting To Get A Reputation, (A Very Tiny One) , And I Want To Show People That I'm Not Some Random Scrub. And To Prove That If You Have X's In Your Name You're NOT A SCRUB!

So These Monthly's REALLY Need To Continue. I'd Be More Than Willing To Pay A Small Fee Of 5 Dollars For Some Excellent Quality Entertainment. SC 4 FOREVER!

Don't worry Enk, I should be getting my driver's license soon and, if everything goes right, a job, too. I'll probably be the one renting space at NLL come SC5.

Of course, you'll have to run the tournaments, since I've never done it before.

tell me about your dark souls character, darryl. what level are you? what weapon are you using. what's your build, ect? do you know about the infinite souls and humanity glitch? (i haven't used it and don't think I will. if i do, it'll be on another character just to mess around with sutff)

havent been able to play too much lately, but im making a str build atm, using a +5 golem axe. i think i'm about lvl 63 ish still on my first playthrough. and nah havent heard of the glitch, but wouldnt use it anyways.

So I'm down here in good 'ol Flo-Rida, what's up people? Who's ready to play some Soul Calibur V in a few months?

I'm in West Palm Beach and want to know if anyone's around me.

-

On an unrelated note I'm also playing Dark Souls and am at like SL 70? or so? with a +5 lightning Winged Spear and have just a few Lords to kill before I have access to Gwyn.

The infinite souls glitch I have not done though I am aware of it, however I have 'duped' a few stones a la Bird's Nest 2.0...

We used to have a WPB contingent for a while, but that was some time ago. Its a lively area though so I wouldn't be surprised if people picked up V around there. If he is still in the area I would look into trying to contact Will from the Willvolution web site, he organized a lot of local gaming around there and might know who to talk to if nothing else.

You're also about 2 1/2 - 3 hours away from orlando, which is where nearly all of our tournaments have gone done in the past.

I've talked it over with my cousin, and everything goes right with the new job I'm getting, I'll be able to afford NEC, granted I save a few paychecks.

Who would be willing to come along? Suirad, Enkindu, I'm looking at you.

I'll try to pitch in, but I'm covering for my cousin and myself, so I don't have too much to spare. However, I will have some.

So, what will it be? Florida representing at NEC? Nah, better yet: Florida to take NEC, last SCIV tournament of the year.

Im thinking the full weekend after the game launches.

11819 Estates Club Dr, Orlando, FL, 32825. Apt 1726.

I'll have 3 TVs set up, and 2 PS3s, going to need probably an xbox and a couple extra copies of the game for each station. So anyone willing to help with stations and such is great, and people can crash the whole weekend. I want to get this game hyped! If need be ill so what I can for tourney hosting again too.

Back