Galerie de MistaKoo ~ A tale of gowns and robes eternally retold

Thanks for the new page Wandrian <3

Today's theme is recreation, all of the characters who should return/debut are done :D
Notice that they aren't one-to-one recreations on purpose.

Seong Mi-na

l6XzN.png

I only decided to make Mi-na after I saw how the outfit suited her. The idea here is to choose pieces that complement each other regardless of accuracy; the slit skirt with the top, the arm guards with the belt, the shoulder guard with the neck piece and the leg wraps with the thigh wrap.

OnJyN.png

Getting white stripes on the skirt was more than a bit tricky, why the hell isn't there a line sticker?! The pattern is there because I ran out of sticker slots. Also I need to note again that this outfit combination leads to her keeping her clothes on all the time ;)

2Vv4a.png

Her headband ties into a bow for added cuteness points. The wing looks like it's coming out from the shoulder pad, which is why I gave her shoes wings.

R3EyH.png

Riki (Li Long's son)

VI1Bs.png

I don't think Li Long should return when he has a son, so this is partly a recreation and partly an original design. His concept was SC3 Li-Long with Yun-Seong's head :P

x5LOK.png

As with Mi-na the parts compliment each other; the blue parts together (thanks go to Noregrets for the idea), the brown of the top with the brown of the pants and the greens and oranges are self explanatory. Also notice how the earrings connect to the base of his belt.

s7Ydk.png

Giving him the sledge shade makes him look too much like his dad, so instead I think he should have it strapped on his back.

kDPSg.png

Yun-Seong

spAwo.png

Don't look at me like that, at first I was gonna give him Maxi's style but it already went to Riki. Also Leixia's looks funny on him :P
To choose a design for him was tough since he never wore the same outfit design like any princess wouldn't. What I ended up with is a mix between his two outfits in SC3. And yes, for me I consider this top the best sleeveless gi.

vWkVA.png

Asymmetric gloves are the epitome of Japanese animesque design (and they look cool). And the kanji emblem gave me a reason to finally buy that DLC I wanted for that creepy Noh mask.

8DuMg.jpg

The next two aren't really new, but I gave them slight changes which changed their looks significantly.

Bangoo

pfuEk.png

Yun didn't want to share outfits with such a rough old man, so Bangoo took it off. Also it saved Bangoo from getting deleted since he looks fresh to me.

9Z9T9.png

Don't look at the floating shoulder pad and admire how badass his helmet looks! Also I'm out of images for this post so his fur-guarded sandals couldn't be displayed again.

dzIeZ.jpg

Since that helmet obscures his hair here it is. I think it fits him a lot.

GWlvP.png

Amy

FP8or.png

I recently learned a few moves with Raphael and won my first match using him, so this called for a revamp for Amy. I removed the undershirt and changed her hair.

Mlhs8.png

Sure you can't see her trademark hairstyle, but I didn't want to mess with the bow theme on her hat, dress and stockings.

plIkk.png

Her stockings are a bit weird now, but at least she looks better undressed!

FeOZW.png

And this is her hair, I gave it to her mainly to look like her when her clothes break. If I permanently removed her hat most people won't notice how I didn't lazily use Viola's costume with fur.

vRkM9.png

There is a small update coming for two characters later tonight, it should've been now but I'm in quite a hurry.

People visiting this thread for the first time welcome, not naming anyone in particular ;)

Bite-sized updates for previous characters, the new pics are here so you don't have to search for them:

GlWVz.png

eLGZY.png

RYZg6.png

ipny7.png

4vj3i.png

cwULW.png

And one old CAS for a more productive post..

Badass Edge Master

aVV4C.png

I tried to make Olcadan to be a part of the last update but failed again. So I thought I'll post an old CAS with the same style.
The idea is simple, the hair suited his beard and he looked simply badass. he only wore a chiton at first but I changed that to avoid stupid clipping.

zmFyN.png

they are amazing... but Riki is the BEST!!!!

Thanks, I too think he's the best designed of the bunch. The fact that he doesn't have an established design gave me the artistic freedom to work with matching pieces without worrying whether it looks like him or not. It makes me wonder how much creative opportunity I'm losing when I don't do plain original characters.
Unfortunately he isn't recognizable, even I who've been following the series since the beginning only knew his name and relation to Natsu a month or two ago.

Mi-Na sure is popular, wasn't sure I captured her look right :')

...Also, we need some new stuff...wow me ;o)
Hey I was on a holiday, yes I was at home mostly but that works as an excuse no?
I have a big update coming, it's mostly complete but I'm waiting for a certain something to add the finishing touches.
I promise I'll make you proud ;)

Edit: To not make this a useless post I'll post my in-game avatars here too:

Current:

jRaRx.png

Old:

hYCtu.png
5M675.png

Number one is supposed to be a girl bathing in her blood, with an exposed brain and a floating eyeball :<

You have 10 likes from me.
You have 10 hugs for me.. or brofists if that's more your thing.

...Is it bad I assumed it was lava and didn't understand the rest? >.>
I thought the blood and the bleeding eye were the only obvious things (and it was the main idea). The brain has been done before and I actually learned it from here. The floating eyeball was very far-fetched.

But hey at least now I know why people haven't told me how awesome it was :P

Of all your customs, Dan is my favorite; it has a creative touch I can't help but like.

I can see why your take on Seong Mi-na is well received, it's a great look for her. I preferred Amy's previous hairstyle, but it may be just me.

Setsuka rubs me the wrong way; I don't think it's possible to be faithful to her standard look with the available parts (although I never tried). Maybe the theme of her SCIV 2P outfit would work better?

You had an interesting idea for Edge Master; it seems to follow a similar theme to Algol's. He looks a little plain though, a few stickers and/or patterns might help.

Speaking of Algol, the dual colors are a cool idea, but the patterns on the torso and head really hurt the design (and I personally never liked the game's wing parts, but that's a matter of taste).

Finally, I don't think the picture quality does you justice. Is there any reason you don't take snapshots with the console?

I too prefer Amy's previous hairstyle, but it lacked the familiarity that makes her Amy. I had to keep either her outfit or her hair the same for her to be recognized.
As for Setsuka I get that, but I think I did a good enough job and I'll leave it at that. I don't really like Mary Poppins Setsuka so I went for her better outfits.

That Edge Master is supposed to be simple, if it wasn't for clipping he would only be wearing the chiton. I'm not really taking that design seriously, it was a very quick fun job. But who knows? I might just fix it for you :P
I usually hate the snake skin, but I think it looked great on Algol's body armor. It looks better in the game if you can try it yourself.

As for the pictures it's sad but as Wandrian said we Xbox folks have to suffer that terrible fate :< I have an actual camera that I hopefully can fix soon to try and take better photos opposed to mobile shots.

I really appreciate in-depth comments about each design so thanks. Also Dan thanks you too <3

Small update since it's been ages since I last updated. I really am sorry, I even planned to post these like at least 3 days ago xD
The theme of this update is Dedup, a member of this forum who inspired these.

Zwei redux P1

UQc2K.png

So aside from the whole wolf argument, one other problem with Zwei for me is the lack of a cultural identity or a strong gimmick. So with few changes on his look I retconned him to a west Asian. It fits with his moon and wolf theme.
The idea to accessorize the turban was from Dedup's Nasir Al-Din. It was meant to replicate the moon buckle on his belt.

nUoHT.png

I'll admit the spy mask is ignorant stereotyping, but it looks cool :< Although come on, it suits the mysterious background of the character (and his pairing with Viola) plus his costumes refer to him as an outlaw and a ruffian.

vj33m.png

Zwei redux P2

q8ftZ.png

This is a quick one to suit the other one. Blindfolded? 20% cooler!

0ZxcI.png

I know it doesn't make sense, but what about the rest of his costume? Found anything that made sense? The spy mask would've worked better given the thing on his chin but I didn't want to use it on both costumes.

wxjIc.png

Meet the rock legends, the frontman and guitarist of The Bleeding Hearts!

Rose

kiii5.png

This one was inspired by Dedup's punk skeleton, it made me realize how the mohawk suits Zwei's coat (and the coat suits the pants). Plus I never used the DLC animal heads.

4XJfi.png

While the fur is only there to hide the neck connection it looked cool with the snake pattern. He is supposed to resemble an '80s(?) rock star, you know, the days when such flamboyance was cool. The name is a generic flamboyant name, but hey he fights with a rose!

bTDjU.png

Thorn

XKhmC.png

I think I took it too far here, but real men wear skirts/kilts!

2JGWu.png

While his name was only chosen to match Rose I realized that he fights using thorns so turns out my subconscious is clever D:

bnoqL.png

Koo Riders

So what happens when you are lazy but need CAS representation of some styles? Use mass production.
Meet the Koo Riders:

zSoeO.jpg

Koo Pink is Leixia.
Koo Blue is Hilde.
Koo Red is Mitsurugi.
Koo Green is Astaroth.
Koo Black is Xiba.

Aside from a slight male/female changes and unique undergarments they are identical to the mecha design I've posted here before.

I hate doing so, yet I must ask: how did you make those nipples? I will (thankfully) never, ever have use for the knowledge and yet my curiosity is biting at me! xD

Also: dafuq is wrong with Thorns mask? It looks like he cut up a rhino while it was busy vomiting and the vomit somehow stayed there when he put it on his head. You're welcome for that mental image.

I hate doing so, yet I must ask: how did you make those nipples? I will (thankfully) never, ever have use for the knowledge and yet my curiosity is biting at me! xD

Also: dafuq is wrong with Thorns mask? It looks like he cut up a rhino while it was busy vomiting and the vomit somehow stayed there when he put it on his head. You're welcome for that mental image.
Circle stickers and demon (devil?) horns.

Which part do you see as vomit? The grey part? It's supposedly his lower jaw/mouth. It's not perfect but it isn't noticeable during gameplay (or was it?).

Back