Game breaking : Ivy nearly duplicate animation 2B+K and 2A+G but require different guard.

It seems like she has audio cues that can help figure out which one is which. And along with this, if you notice her 2A+G has a short windup before she slams her sword into the ground, whereas the 2B+K shows her immediately stabbing it into the floor. It is just barely different but we will have to see on release, since it honestly is hard to tell from a video of other people playing whether or not those small differences are enough to figure out which move they are going for when playing against Ivy.

Both moves can be GIed on reaction. GI in VI is universal (no low GI existent). So no true mixup for Ivy, that's why they gave her the fake ground stab. To make her able to mix this.
Most players having played this game so far, are not familiar with the universal GI mechanic. Most of them have been GIing both mid or low for the past 15 years.
However this does not apply only on Ivy. Many characters that have been relying in their mid/low mixups are being affected by this change.
I think it's too early asking for buffs/nerfs. And we should focus on how the new universal GI affects the new gameplay of VI.

Both moves can be GIed on reaction. GI in VI is universal (no low GI existent). So no true mixup for Ivy, that's why they gave her the fake ground stab. To make her able to mix this.
Most players having played this game so far, are not familiar with the universal GI mechanic. Most of them have been GIing both mid or low for the past 15 years.
However this does not apply only on Ivy. Many characters that have been relying in their mid/low mixups are being affected by this change.
I think it's too early asking for buffs/nerfs. And we should focus on how the new universal GI affects the new gameplay of VI.
THIS!
*brain explodes*

I seriously dont get the problem... I feel like people want to feel safe and sound when distant from Ivy. She's SUPPOSED to make you feel uneasy when afar... thats her whole frigging concept!

If you are scared of the 50/50 dont go away full screen... you have to be on her face, otherwise she's in advantage!

Like it was stated, GI breaks both A+G2 and B+K2 and if you are complaining that she can cancel it then you just want her to have no real options so you are able to block and evade 100% of those moves, which makes no sense

I agree it is a VERY good move and 50/50, but lets not go nuts

If you move forward (instead of moving back like most do) and she whiffs it you can get a combo on her...

I seriously dont get the problem... I feel like people want to feel safe and sound when distant from Ivy. She's SUPPOSED to make you feel uneasy when afar... thats her whole frigging concept!

If you are scared of the 50/50 dont go away full screen... you have to be on her face, otherwise she's in advantage!

Like it was stated, GI breaks both A+G2 and B+K2 and if you are complaining that she can cancel it then you just want her to have no real options so you are able to block and evade 100% of those moves, which makes no sense

I agree it is a VERY good move and 50/50, but lets not go nuts

If you move forward (instead of moving back like most do) and she whiffs it you can get a combo on her...
Damn, step forward? This guy figured it out. Where have you been, bro?

Jump fwd,duck,Gi,RE, step. You'll figure out something in the lab or, you'll get beat. There are plenty of threats to be worried about but, make sure ivy gets nerfed(she might).

Watching the videos and seeing that when people step forward they evade it, "bruh"

Well I do agree with removing the unblockable out of SS, so if they do that... then yeah, fantastic indeed
I've seen plenty, I'm just VERY subtlely implying you're a moron. breh. I could probably just "step forward" vs you though, since apparently that's where your critical thinking stops.

Back