Gamelot Monthly 2

The_MC_cLuSkY

[08] Mercenary
To everyone who came to the last one:

1. I will be working on the space issue.

2. WE REALLY NEED CONSOLES AND COPIES OF THE GAMES. IF YOU CAN BRING AN EXTRA TV, THAT TOO IS GREATLY APPRECIATED. Last tournament we only had two PS3's. If we have one or two more, the tournament can go that much faster. 360's are nice too, but most people prefer the PS3.

Where:

Gamelot
7007 Bandera Rd
San Antonio, TX
(At Bandera and Huebner on the corner with the Church's Chicken.)
210-684-0101

Events:
Doors open at 12:00 pm. You may register as soon as you get there. The first event will begin at 2:00 pm. (Again, 210-684-0101, if you are running late.)

Soul Calibur IV................................................ ..........................2:00 pm
Brawl (Singles)......................................... .................................3:00pm
Melee (Singles)......................................... .................................4:00pm

Entry Fees:

Venue Fee: $5 for a wristband. You will need this to be allowed into the tournament area.

Each game will be $10.00 to enter.

Prize Layout:
All events will pay out as such:

1st: 60%
2nd: 25%
3rd: 15%

Rules

There will be both Xbox 360 and PS3 consoles available. If both players wish to play their match on Xbox 360, that is fine. However, PS3 is the nationals standard, therefore it will have priority when two players argue over what machine to play on. (Besides, it's no secret the 360 controller just plain isn't that good for fighting games)

Banned Characters:
Guest Characters, Custom characters (Color/costume edits are still allowed), and Yoda/Darth Vader are banned from use in the tournament.

Double Elimination
Time:Default
Rounds: 3/5
Best 2/3 matches
Finals (Winners, Losers) will be best 3/5 matches
Grand Finals are best 4/7 matches

First match can opt for a blind pick, first stage is random.
Winner stays character.
Loser can change character and pick a stage if he/she desires.

Pausing during a match is illegal during a match and unless the opponent is cool with it, it means a loss for the round for the person who paused.

All infinites and glitches are banned.

All consoles must updated to the 1.03 patch.

Any questions can be posted here or you can message me on myspace.com/kyletheband and while you're there you might as well add me I like adding anyone that comes to my tournaments.

As I had stated in the other thread, having the 360s there will do nothing but slow down the tournament. I should have a PS3 by then (getting one on the 6th) and should be able to bring it, but no promises.

Also, last time money was missing and that really sucked. I would have no problem getting there early and collecting money if you need help (or have CW do it). The whole idea of papers going to the owner is crazy. Just give it to 1 person and they'll hand deliver it.

About the money: Really? I'm sorry, I thought ChickenWing cleared that up. We did have at least two people that were entered but never showed.

But anyways, I can't really see 360's slowing things down as long as it's not taking up a tv that can be used by a PS3.

Good news everyone! I will have more space this time.

360s will probably slow things down. Most people don't want to play on the 360, so there will be time spent with the vet explaining to the n00b that PS3 has priority. The n00b will cry to you, and things will just slow down from there. Even more, no one plays on the 360 unless it's friendlies. So you're taking up space during a tournament to run friendlies, which isn't a great idea.

Really, it might be appropriate for you to say "360s were only present at the first tournament because I was unaware of the PS3 standard until too late." It may be best for you to only allow the tournament to be run with PS3s.

The money: There wasn't any money missing because the people didn't enter to begin with.

also, yes, Kyle, not having 360's there helps out because that frees up a TV that could be used for something else.

Kal: it was simple...i told them no 360. They cried...and i moved on with my tournament. Eventually, they realized that tough love is the best love. :)

Eh, like I said, as long as the 360 isn't using a tv that could be used by a PS3 anyways.

All of the recent Gamelot tournaments have had tvs go unused, much to my dismay.

lol. My amy isn't that great. It can compete, but it isn't the greatest. Sure i'll show you the ways of Amy. Just pm me what you want to know. And i'll be sure to give you any info that you need.

I have $1 that says I can get you with Talim's chain grab...and I haven't played this game yet.

Lol cool man I will take the challenge but I offer you a counter challenge...10 dollars first to 5 in any Samurai Showdown game you choose.

Chickenpimp- Is there going to be any video footage of this tourney?

Honestly, i will try to get something running. I'm having adriana help out with our gatherings that way she'll know how to run a tournament come time when i'll start hosting SA tournies.

EDIT: Official word form Gamelot's owner:

Tournament room size
Hello everyone!

Tournament space for events at Gamelot is allocated based upon the date and the estimated size of participation.

September 20th was booked for a Pokemon event 2 months in advance. ALSO, Kyle estimated the crowd for this Smash/SCIV event at about 40 players. The back room is large enough for 40 with room to spare.

NOW, October 11th will have EXTRA space!!

We will plan on having ALL fighting style games in the outer area. SMASH events will be in the back room.

KYLE will be conveniently located between them !!

Sounds good man thanx...

It's looking more and more like I'm gonna go down there (even if I have to drive myself)... And when I do I want to get as many games in w/ u guys as possible... When u guys came up here last I think I only played nori 2 or 3 games and the rest were w/ chickenwing.

- I.C.E.

Back