Gameplay System Info Thread (SC5)

8WR seems to add 9 frames to the impact frames of 8WR attacks.

For example
Natsu's 66B is i17, 33_99B is i26

And Her 22_88B, noted with i21, actually impacts at i30.

I think it's a bit confusing that all those 8wr attacks are noted without those 9 frames in the WIKI, as if anyone knew that 8wr adds 9 frames, but i had to test it myself because i couldn't find that info anywhere here.
Or am i just blind?

PS.: Can someone please confirm this?

They're counting the frames that stepping in those directions adds to the attack. If you were to do 66B from neutral it would be i17 but 33B would be i26 from neutral.

The way i tested:
Natsu vs Natsu:
FC 2A+B (+11)~ 33B (i17 +9) trades with B (i15)
Maybe tip range impact delay slows B down to i16 and it's really 10 frames.

Was that known already? Because i couldn't find it.
I think it would be easier, especially for new players but also usability,
if we put the combined 8wr and i frames in the Wiki for those attacks.

It was suggested before and currently the Siegfried wiki has it, but I disagree with it strongly because the quickstep is not part of the attack's startup, and impact frames = the number of startup frames it takes to get to the first active frame. It should be inherently obvious that 22/33/11/etc moves are not punishing things they "should" according to their impact frames because of the visual and audio effects of the quickstep being there. In addition, the move itself is classified as an 8wayrun attack--when performed from an 8wayrun state, there is no additional startup on the move and its impact frames are true to the listed ones. You also have to take Alpha Patroklos into consideration, as he can do 8wayrun moves from neutral instantly. It's the equivalent of listing Alpha Pat's JFT as i16 because it takes 4 frames to input the 2143a:B from neutral on top of the 12 impact frames.

As for quickstep adding 10 frames, Algol 33B (i19, identical to 3B) trades with BB after 3A is blocked (i15 at -14 hits F29).

SC5 has a Purple Just Guard.
I was playing Sig vs CPU VeryHard Algol the Yoshi. I hit stun with SBH'K then follow with CE to combo, then Algol (& later Yoshi) instead of taking free CE damage, they pop up flashing purple while just guarding the damage away.
Two times it has happened. In both occasions, before the CPU did Purple Just Guard, I was beating it hard with often successful Just Guards. Like: "if you want to see the CPU do the Purple Just, you got to push it to it" something like that.

SC5 has a Purple Just Guard.
I was playing Sig vs CPU VeryHard Algol the Yoshi. I hit stun with SBH'K then follow with CE to combo, then Algol (& later Yoshi) instead of taking free CE damage, they pop up flashing purple while just guarding the damage away.
Two times it has happened. In both occasions, before the CPU did Purple Just Guard, I was beating it hard with often successful Just Guards. Like: "if you want to see the CPU do the Purple Just, you got to push it to it" something like that.
That sounds like either ukemi JG or the red JG (there is a video in the medi library by darkslayer who showed it).

Btw that combo is techable to the left.

ukemi JG? that could have been. Its true, Sig is hilariously broken with unknown factor. Where's link to video pls?

Can we get the OP updated? It has some critical errors and omissions, which is a bad idea for a guide aimed at newbies.

• Meter gain is achieved through attacking, blocking, JGing, ukeming and even whiffing attacks.
You can't get meter when you block. You do get meter if you're hit.
CH doesn't affect the meter gain unless the CH has extra hit. (For Ex. Ivy's 1A)
If your move is Just Guarded you still get meter equal to a whiff.
If you finish the round with any move you don't get the meter you normally get on hit but you gain the meter you would get on whiff.

Back