General Gaming Topic

Here's my favorite piece of my collection as of now:

2727837724_0b5d853314_b.jpg

It's in the box for now, until I find some display case for my house lol.

I collect megaten RPGs too ;)

That would be even more awesome than autographed Castlevania concept art from Ayami Kojima.

That is some serious concentrated aura awesome you have there.

I have some autographed Castlevania stuff, but it's signed by Koji Igarashi not Ayami Kojima ;(

I have... nothing autographed :O Well, there was the poster and vol 28 issue of Rurouni Kenshin that I got signed by Watsuki -- for my sister. Oy, that was rough. I wouldn't complain about some IGA signatures, though I do understand the incredibleness of getting one from Kojima :P Did you ever get a chance to get signatures from Kazuma Kaneko for the Megaten stuff? I kick myself every time I remember I went back to work at Atlus only to miss the E3s when he was there >_<

Yes, I got him to sign something at E32004 or 2005, I forget which one, it was the year he showed up lol.

Are you still working for Atlus now?

Been messing around in SC4, playing alot of MGO, and doing a bunch of side missions in Disgaea 1 waiting for 3 to drop in a couple weeks

I collect megaten RPGs too

I still need to finish FES

Been meaning to get my hands on Raidou Kuzunoha too

I'm really looking forward to the following now after I put more thought into it....

Dragon Quest IV (DS)
Yakuza 2 (PS2)
Star Wars The Force Unleashed (PS3/360)

Mark: No, not any more. I worked there in spurts for ~a year, year and a half as a tester; now I'm a engineering intern at Broadcom. Fun times, especially playing Rob (you might know him as White Rob over on the other forum) in bunches of fighting games. I don't think I beat him at anything other than Guilty Gear (only because I was lucky with my still-scrubby state). My projects were Rule of Rose, Odin Sphere, SMT Devil Summoner: Raidou Kuzunoha, Growlanser (4, I think?)... there were other things I touched here or there but those were my main projects.

Chopper: Raidou is fun, especially if you're someone who loves the subtler jokes; Atlus is awesome in that regard. It is really different from the traditional Megaten games though, closer to the regular series with the monster recruiting tho.

Over the next two months I'm picking up Bangai-O Spirits (DS), Tales Of Vesperia (360), The Force Unleashed (360). There are other things I wanna get too but those are at the top of the list right now.

Syrpiektre, nice! Yea I know Rob... he's a cool guy.

Devil Summoner was awesome, I really hope Atlus brings part 2 over here as well (they've been bringing over all the latest Megaten games lately so I don't see why they wouldn't bring this!)..

Masamuna, I'm fairly confident we'll get KENZAN and Ryu Ga Gotoku 3... I have faith ;)

What sucks is that we don't have a sequel to Shenmue II nor will we ever ;(

That's good to know. Reading the Kenzan thread has gotten me three shades past hyped.

MM, have you seen the RGG movie by Miike? At face value it was almost worth a watch XD

Other games i've been playing:

Crisis Core (finished last night).
Wild ARMS XF
R:FOM
Sengoku Basara 2
Sword of Etheria/OZ
IIDX Happy Sky (need to get DistorteD)
COD4 (just started the campaign)

Yea I saw it :x

!

I really wish they went with the same cast from the prequel videos from when the game first came out...

That cast was done REALLY well. Kazuma looked real bad ass. Although the film version of Goro Majima was well done as well!

Yeah, Majima was done really well. I also liked (yet kinda didn't) how the couple (robbers) was basically 2 or 3 different side stories from the game.

Speaking of video game movies, Red Cliff was full of win and awesome. Okay, it's not a movie adaption of a game per se, but also based on the ROTK novel. Why couldn't Dynasty Warriors 6 been this awesome?

That was offtopic. Er, can't wait for Valkryia Chronicles >.>

Haha, Valkyria has a nice style but I'm still iffy on console strategy games. (What are you guys talking about when you say RGG?)

As for Devil Summoner 2, it looks pretty cool IMO. I really didn't like being limited to one demon at a time, when it's pretty important to have a bunch of 'em in the fights (imagine how much easier Mishaguji-sama (the phallic guy) would be if you could've had someone to support the frost monster -_- I hated running around in that fight, especially since we had to test it :P I too hope Atlus will bring it over, especially since they're still doing P4 (much to my surprise).

Currently waiting for Force Unleashed, Fallout 3, God of War 3 and Diablo 3 right now. After seeing the first Screenshots of Batman: Arkham Asylum, I'm thinking of adding it to the list.

Back