Getting into fighting games, buying a starter-stick, help please!

Well.. It's cheap. I have no personal experience with this stick and I don't know who made the parts, but more often than not the old adage holds true: You get what you pay for. Its pretty odd people are rating the thing so generously, even the four and five star reviews are throwing in details like "oh yeah one of my buttons is hard and unpressable now", "I sometimes have problems with scrambled inputs", and " inputting diagonals is a bit complicated".

Look amigo, from the sounds of things I wouldn't buy this stick. That's just me. I know you don't want to spend a hundred buck on a stick, who does? But seeing as you're committing 40 dollars plus shipping and handling towards the idea I think you're moderately serious about it. So why not buy a good stick that's going to last a long time as opposed to a peice of junk that's effectively going to add another 40 dollars to the cost of a good stick? And if you're just getting into fighters especially, a bad stick could totally ruin your experience.

If you don't want to build a stick or shell out for a TE madcatz model, there are cheaper alternatives from hori and madcatz. Just look around a little more.

Well.. It's cheap. I have no personal experience with this stick and I don't know who made the parts, but more often than not the old adage holds true: You get what you pay for. Its pretty odd people are rating the thing so generously, even the four and five star reviews are throwing in details like "oh yeah one of my buttons is hard and unpressable now", "I sometimes have problems with scrambled inputs", and " inputting diagonals is a bit complicated".

Look amigo, from the sounds of things I wouldn't buy this stick. That's just me. I know you don't want to spend a hundred buck on a stick, who does? But seeing as you're committing 40 dollars plus shipping and handling towards the idea I think you're moderately serious about it. So why not buy a good stick that's going to last a long time as opposed to a peice of junk that's effectively going to add another 40 dollars to the cost of a good stick? And if you're just getting into fighters especially, a bad stick could totally ruin your experience.

If you don't want to build a stick or shell out for a TE madcatz model, there are cheaper alternatives from hori and madcatz. Just look around a little more.

Thanks man, I think you're right. Could you refer me to any good sticks that are around 100$?

hi, i had your stick that you posted and its not very good. i suggest you buy the streetfighter tournament edition round 2 fightstick it is a great stick - 10/10 in my opinion. and it also costs just around 100-120$. i also have this stick now and i dont regret buying it.

The FS3 is ok, but I did have it crap out on me during matches occasionally, so...

The Hori SCV stick is amazing, actually, and can be had for $100. No real difference with a HRAP in my experience (I should really sell off my HRAPs, as they're gathering dust), but cheaper, and has a cover you can drop down over the start button for less chance of accidentally hitting it during a match.

Back