Guessing there's no way the community can contact Project Soul itself.

arstal

[09] Warrior
I'm assuming there isn't, there was no email on their website. If we could, it might be nice to ask them some generalities about patches- praising them for their efforts, but saying some tweaking to balance/bugs is needed.

Guessing there's no way the community can contact Project Soul its

I still stand by my previous statements... I doubt Project Soul has ANY plans on releasing patches for balance. The patches thus far have simply fixed bugs, and other small features. (1.01 added voice chat to the lobbies, 1.02 added voice chat during the games).

If by any rare chance they do release balance patches, it will be for online balancing, not offline balancing.

To be fair, it's WAY too early to be releasing balance patches anyway. We won't know the full extent of move properties and overall character balance for a few months. Hopefully Namco is just taking their time and planning one big patch later on.

Namco patched SC2 in the arcades heavily (I think there was 4 or 5 versions) and they definitely patched the game from SC3 console to SC3:AE (no VC). SC4 shouldn't be different.

To be fair, it's WAY too early to be releasing balance patches anyway. We won't know the full extent of move properties and overall character balance for a few months. Hopefully Namco is just taking their time and planning one big patch later on.

Ivy's infinite should be patched, be it a balancing patch or a glitch fix.

None of this is important. The reason I say that is we should let them know generally, what we think the game balance is, from example, I'd say that balance is generally pretty good, but

Rock needs serious improvement
Hilde, Talim, Tira need some improvement
Sisters need slight nerfing- and maybe a reason why

Let them work from that

And also a list of bugs we've discovered. Might help them save money on a patch.

We definitely should be youtubing all bugs. That's one way to bring attention to them. If you guys know any bugs, youtube them if you can.

A thread was posted on the official forums, but I doubt it goes through the channels where a developer can look into it.

If you are pleading for a change you should always provide motivation. I am not sure if Talim needs improvement, but I definitely agree on Tira. Just adding control to jolly/gloomy stance would solve a lot.

But the whiffing... Oh God, the whiffing. Make it stop.

agreed.... the whiffing is really making me angry.... i think this has one of the most messed up hit box's of any of the soul caliburs

I'm sure they will patch. The DOA4 patch took like 3 months so there is no need to rush.

I think 3 months or even more should be a pretty decent time to know for sure what needs to improve.

Sisters need no nerfing. Ok maybe sophie, but not cass. Hell we already lost WL moves - that was a decent chunk of the sisters wakeups right there.

No this does not have anything to do with the fact I main cass since SC2...

If anything, rock, hilde I've seen so far need some tweaking. Rock especially. Taki used to be my 2nd main since SC1, but none of her bread and butter works now so I give up on her for now.

Instead of nerfing anyone, why not just bring 'weaker' characters up to speed? That usually works much better.

Yet, this is probably the main reason we cannot contact Project Soul via the internets. Everyone will send in their tier lists and ask for improvement and no one will agree and it'll just be a huge mess. Bug fixes and stuff we can agree on though.

Ivy's infinite should be patched, be it a balancing patch or a glitch fix.

It's not like it's something that makes her impossible to play legitimately. You have to very deliberately pull it off. Just don't do it.

As for patching characters that "aren't as good," we don't actually know that yet. I mean, it's probably true that Rock and the others will stay low tier, but until the community knows each character inside and out, it's too early to go in and make changes to this move and that move.

We all want a perfectly balanced game NOW, but that isn't going to happen just by randomly making some characters "better" and blindly nerfing the "really good" ones a month after the game's release.

Back