Halister Invitational Matches 9/20

ChaCha

[10] Knight
These vids are from the weekend. Many good matches recorded, most sessions were ft5 sets, some were edited/broke up due to length.

Some of the vids will use player's real names, I will reference their forum names when listing them here. A lot of pressure matches with everyone watching in these vids. Unfortunately G forgot to tell Jay Shadow none of his matches were being recorded :(

Akazukin Cha Cha (Tira) vs Halister (Taki) part 1

Akazukin Cha Cha (Tira) vs Halister (Taki) part 2

Halister (Taki) vs Big Richez (Siegfried) part 1

Halister (Taki) vs Big Richez (Siegfried) part 2

Halister (Taki) vs Akazukin Cha Cha (Maxi)

Halister (Taki) vs Akazukin Cha Cha (Xianghua) part 1

Halister (Taki) vs Akazukin Cha Cha (Xianghua) part 2

Akazukin Cha Cha (Seong Mina) vs RashReflection (Yoshimitsu)

Halister (Taki) vs Anisakis (Hilde) part 1

Halister (Taki) vs Anisakis (Hilde) part 2

Akazukin Cha Cha (Mitsu) vs Anisakis (Hilde) part 1

Akazukin Cha Cha (Mitsu) vs Anisakis (Hilde) part 2

Akazukin Cha Cha (Tira) vs Anisakis (Hilde) part 1

Akazukin Cha Cha (Tira) vs Anisakis (Hilde) part 2

Akazukin Cha Cha (Mitsu) vs RashReflection (Yoshi)

Halister (Taki) vs Valei (Hilde) part 1

Halister (Taki) vs Valei (Hilde) part 2

Akazukin Cha Cha (HULKAMANIA) vs Big Richez (Siegfried)

Halister (Taki) vs Valei (Lizardman) part 1

Halister (Taki) vs Valei (Lizardman) part 2

Valei (Hilde) vs Anisakis (Hilde) part 1 (warning mad ridiculous garbage)

Valei (Hilde) vs Anisakis (Hilde) part 1 (warning hot glitchy garbage)

Overall quality matches, very impressive showings from some new blood and a lot of on the fly adjustment made some matches intense. A lot of learning the hard way took place.

All you can eat sushi definitely made an impact on the Buffalo crew, imbuing us with unforeseen powers of rushdown.

Great games to everyone, and look forward to the next invitational.

cha cha

I enjoyed watching these very much, Cha: your Maxi vs. Halister's Taki was fun to watch, and a little painful when he was landing those huge combos.

thanks for sharing.

haha, thanks man. My Maxi has a long way to go and that match up is tough for me. But I learned a lot from it, and just need to learn some better loop options vs a character that can punish him easily.

cha cha

What I learned: This is certainly an experience-based game. That's one thing I can say for SC - you can't BS your way through mid/low-tier matchups like you can in a lot of 2-D fighters. You actually have to know the ins and outs of everybody, which I rather like.

As such, being that I've never played SC competitively before this game, I've got a lot of things to figure out yet. The main issue is that my reaction time in general is quite poor, so I get hit by practically every low (even crap like Sophie 1AA) and don't break as many throws as I should.

Also, I'm thinking I should get Sanwa buttons on one of my PS2 sticks - I can do 2a:B 70-80% of the time on my 360 stick but was hardly getting it at all on the sticks there.

Anyway, very good games to everybody and hope to see you again soon!

-Josh

Haha, nice matches guys. That Taki is solid Halister... though I guess that was your first time running into Tira (not to cut cha cha's Tira, but Tira is a hard read)? ^_^;;

And cha cha, your Maxi makes mine look like a rock, haha. I'm still too timid to stay in loop for too long, and often find myself hitting guard and taking myself out of loop at bad times.

I've played against Tira before. ChaCha just played with a very different strat and I did not. He outplayed me in that.

Needed to pay more attention and changed up tactics.

I learned alot from watching those matches. Nice work G for kicking my ass and exposing how linear I played. Next time, our matches will definitely be more intense :)

too bad can't watch it right now since youtube is blocked in our office...i'll watch it at home.
i'm pretty sure i'll learn a lot from halister's taki, she's my main too. thanks for posting the vids man!!!

Gah, really wish I could have made it out to this.

Hopefully it wont be too long before the next one. Entertaining vids!

Hilde Glitches

I saw a lot of things from Hilde that I did not like, Jessie was fucking good with Hilde, but Hidle seems to have a glitches, she can hit the ennemy on the ground so quick, a pro glitcher could do that after and after and kill the ennemy. Am I right? is that a glitche? is there rules in matches for this glitch?

There is no glitch, it's just a relaunch combo and there are limitations to it. You can't do it infinitely.

Don't call it a glitch if it's not one, especially in the title of your post.

lol, I take it english is your.....4th language?

But yea, it's not a glitch per se, but I don't think the combo was originally intended to work like it does. But they probably won't patch it any time soon, as it's the only real threat she has on an intermediate level.

cha cha

Hallistor: Please post the other Lizard Man vs. Taki fight.

Good games to everyone I played. my Hilde is trash. Lizard Man pulled through for me in the end. Much more to learn. Sushi Bar was epic beyond words! Hope to do this again sometime!

Yea I only tend to use 6K against certain match ups, I wasn't sure if Taki could PO step around it, and against G, I tried to avoid anything linear, save WS K/BB.

thx though.

cha cha

Back