Hello All

Amethyst_Reitou

[08] Mercenary
Hello folks. I'm among the newest of members to 8Way Run here, though I have lurked a bit and just read some of the posts here and there in the past.

I'm not totally new to Soul Calibur or Fighting Games in general, just to working at getting better in them and having fun with a larger group of people. I played the first one back on the Dreamcast as Seung Mina mostly, moving on to 2 and adding Talim to my "cycle" of characters I played. I did play 3 some, but not enough to really remember it, and 4 even less.

Obviously, I'm getting back into the game at 5 here, and I was faced with the choice of choosing another character or trying to learn Xiba, the closest I think to Seung Mina. I decided I'd learn Natsu at first, but then moved on to Hilde for the main reason that she'd force me to have to think about my moves and not just rush in. So far its worked out some and I've actually enjoyed Hilde as I had figured I might.

Anyways, I hope to learn lots and maybe even play against folks when possible. Right now I do have a 360 and PS3 with copies for both, but I prefer the 360 as I have an arcade stick for it and I don't have one for the PS3 just yet, as I just recently got the console.

[end wall of text]

Hello folks...
[end wall of text]

Hello Amethyst, Welcome to 8wayrun!

Xiba is a great character to start out with and main. He is simple yet has deadly damage potential, specially once you start using his brave-edges wisely. Hilde is also a very solid character. She primarily succeeds in longer range incessant zoning, so you are right to play her as you do; avoiding just rushing in and keeping your opponent from doing so.

Anyway you said you prefer the Xbox but if you ever find yourself on the PS3 lets get some matches in, my PSN is Senzait.

Welcome again to the forums! Enjoy your stay!

Welcome to 8WR!

It's so good to see so many people joining us everyday and making the Soulcalibur community thrive throughout the entire world. I hope you enjoy Soulcalibur V and get into some tournaments or just some casuals in your area.

Back