Hello fellow Yuns

Bo_hates_limits

[08] Mercenary
Just thought I'd introduce myself. I'm BO X7, I'm known as a competitive SSBB player and now I'm trying to get into the SCIV scene. I've been using Yun since his first appearance and I still like him. :) I'm here to learn more about Yun Seong and get better because I think I suck with him so far. So yea, what's up ya'll.

Also a few questions... lol

Who do you guys think is the best Yun Seong player?
How the hell do you fight kilik. >.>
Why is Yun Seong so low on the tier list?

Once again nice to meet you all. ^_^

I'm not a Yun player but I'm online and just happened to see your message, so welcome! Sorry I can't help you with any of your questions but someone will more than likely be here sooner or later to answer your question...probably when it's morning time. =P

How to fight Kilik? Know how to step his moves, and use kicks so he can't constantly asura all your shit. He's going to be a tough fight no matter what because he's a top tier character.

Why is Yun Sung considered low tier? He has one of the most unsafe movesets in the game, his stance can be shutdown by most characters 2A, and though he actually can do decent damage, his damage opportunities are hard to set up. From my knowledge anyway, I'm sure someone who actually mains Yun could tell you alot more.

Welcome to the forums. Check out the other threads so you don't ask questions that may have already been answered.

-Seungcheul and Tomahawk have made the most noise tourneywise with Yun. There may be an amazing Yun no1 has seen yet but so far those 2 are the best imo.

-There is no single answer for Kilik. He's a very good character. What I can say is Yun has enough kicks to deal with Asura (4K, 236KK if you're brave). 6B poking is dangerous in this matchup since Asura can aGI it. Crane evade works on Asura. Bait it :) Also punish JF Asura with BB and regular 3-hit Asura with 8KKK. Get that JF down. The damage is obscene.

I suggest staying in close since Kilik's spacing tools are superior. Yun deals with him much better up close. WS B is a very solid move of Kilik's. Be brave and try to predict it and Crane evade it. Yun is the only character who can "punish" WS B that hard.

-Yun is on the bottom of mid because of his frames. Namdai simply designed him to where he can't constantly pressure. He does good damage and isn't difficult to use. Only the uneducated consider him low tier. He's rather unsafe on some basics (3A for example). This has been fixed a good bit in Broken Destiny. If you get the chance to play BD try him out. He's better in pretty much every single way.

Beloved: 2A is not > CR. 3K would be the best lazy answer for most characters. CR K's early TJ frames have the chance of making 2A risky. Read the CR transition analysis thread if you're interested in in-depth info.

Welcome to the forums. Check out the other threads so you don't ask questions that may have already been answered.

-Seungcheul and Tomahawk have made the most noise tourneywise with Yun. There may be an amazing Yun no1 has seen yet but so far those 2 are the best imo.

-There is no single answer for Kilik. He's a very good character. What I can say is Yun has enough kicks to deal with Asura (4K, 236KK if you're brave). 6B poking is dangerous in this matchup since Asura can aGI it. I suggest staying in close since Kilik wants you at range where he's in control. Yun deals with him much better up close. WS B is a very solid move of Kilik's. Be brave and try to predict it and Crane evade it. Yun is the only character who can "punish" WS B that hard.

-Yun is on the bottom of mid because of his frames. Namdai simply designed him to where he can't constantly pressure. He does good damage and isn't difficult to use. Only the uneducated consider him low tier. He's rather unsafe on some basics (3A for example). This has been fixed a good bit in Broken Destiny. If you get the chance to play BD try him out. He's better in pretty much every single way.

Beloved: 2A is not > CR. 3K would be the best lazy answer for most characters. CR K's early TJ frames have the chance of making 2A risky. Read the CR transition analysis thread if you're interested in in-depth info.

Thanks a lot! I really appreciate your input. As well as everyone who posted/posts.

Edit: Also I looked up Seungcheul. I learned a lot from his yun. Once again thx

Tomahawk is also known as King Salmon. This is his profile.

He's been a consistent Yun/Mitsu user in every tourney he's entered I believe. I know he used him at EVO, Devastation, and California regionals.

up close after ANY BLOCK, doesn't 2A beat out CR K? I understand Yun's 6B on block pushes back outside the 2A range and there's other setups etc, but AFTER ANY BLOCKED MOVE outside of 6B with Yun, that leaves Yun in Crane, isn't 2A guaranteed and since Yun's in Crane, CH?(For my mains, that's +8, gogo Throw/WR mid setup)

mikosu: Well, I think he usually switched to mitsu. Seung Cheol has definitely better Yun.

Beloved: Not really, CR K has tech jump and CR B+K goes over most moves after most transitions for more detail go to Yun arena there is a stance study thread that has it all covered.

There is nothing left to discuss unless somebody finds something new. The basic information is there (frames, combos etc.) so unless you have a really interesting Yun related topic besides these, there is no need to post unnessessary information.
The number of Yun vids posted here is saddening small though... he doesn't seem to have that many fans out there.

Back