Hello, Greetings, so on and so forth!

GroxGlitch

[08] Mercenary
Heloooo! I'm GroxGlitch, just joined up with 8WayRun as I've been looking to get into a SoulCalibur community and this looked like one of the most active.

I've played Soul Calibur for a while now - I started the series with SCII when I was like, jeeze, 11-12, I think (Note, I'm nearly 18 now, so you can breath again, folks). I picked up SCIII for the PS2 not long after it came out, played it a bit and then moved onto other stuff. Got back into it here a few months ago and just took off, it clicked or something I guess. It's rapidly become one of my favorite games, damned near an obsession.

I'm looking to get a 360 so I can pick up 4/5 and play with you guys (3 doesn't support online multiplayer as far as I can tell, nor does the forum seem to have any leaguing or anything for 3). Until then, I can watch and participate within the community but I can't play with anybody, unfortunately.

My main is Nightmare, but I can play just about anybody for shits 'n' giggles.

And yes, I took the time to bother at least trying to learn Move Notation before joining up - I'm not 100% fluent in it yet, as I'm used to thinking analogue controller, but it's not that hard to get, just different.

TL:DR - New member, only has SCIII, mains Nightmare, can't play multi yet, will soon.

Heloooo! I'm GroxGlitch, just joined up with 8WayRun as I've been looking to get into a SoulCalibur community and this looked like one of the most active.

I've played Soul Calibur for a while now - I started the series with SCII when I was like, jeeze, 11-12, I think (Note, I'm nearly 18 now, so you can breath again, folks). I picked up SCIII for the PS2 not long after it came out, played it a bit and then moved onto other stuff. Got back into it here a few months ago and just took off, it clicked or something I guess. It's rapidly become one of my favorite games, damned near an obsession.

I'm looking to get a 360 so I can pick up 4/5 and play with you guys (3 doesn't support online multiplayer as far as I can tell, nor does the forum seem to have any leaguing or anything for 3). Until then, I can watch and participate within the community but I can't play with anybody, unfortunately.

My main is Nightmare, but I can play just about anybody for shits 'n' giggles.

And yes, I took the time to bother at least trying to learn Move Notation before joining up - I'm not 100% fluent in it yet, as I'm used to thinking analogue controller, but it's not that hard to get, just different.

TL:DR - New member, only has SCIII, mains Nightmare, can't play multi yet, will soon.

Welcome to the site man. BTW, I notice you live in Cali. We have a fairly active offline scene here if you are down to play. Also this tourney coming up. Enjoy your stay.

http://8wayrun.com/threads/apr-18-2014-norcal-regionals-2014-sacramento-california.17784/

Ok, well, good news and bad news.
Good news? I picked up a 360 and SoulCalibur 5 today, so I'm in business in that regard.
Bad news? I came up juuuust too short to get a Gold membership. So still no multiplayer.

Not that big an improvement, but at least I'm in the ballpark.

Back