Hello. My name is John. And I like Soul Calibur...

JohnBoyAdvance

[10] Knight
So yeah.

Joined the site because it seems to be the only Soul Calibur fansite going. Was on the Soul Calibur Universe forums till they died.

When I looked for a new home, to be honest this place seemed a bit too elitist. But now, seems to have softened up a bit.

In terms of any fighting games really, I'm no pro. Hell I cant even do the 236236 motion on street fighter. So SCV is trolling me already :p.

My Calibur game is SC1, with 2 behind it straight away. I really do feel they lost their edge in 3, I mean christ Tales of Souls was hard enough, but Olcadan? Ughh...

Favourite SC characters- Ivy, Cervantes, Nightmare, Astaroth. I'd say I was decent with Mitsurugi, Killik, Mina, Xianghua.

The rest I kinda know.

Hate the sword and shield characters, dunno why.

In terms of other fighters, I do like Virtua Fighter and Tekken. The latest Mortal Kombat was really good. Always had a soft spot for MK but the newest: brilliant. I like Street Fighter but I am a bit crap. I love DOA2's survival mode, so much that I would say it should be the standard. Found blazblue easier to get into than SF, but its just a bit too anime for my tastes.

In terms of other games, major Sonic fan. Its hurt me a lot but I cant say no to the blue guy.
Love Mass Effect and Gears 2 + 3.

Dunno what to say now.

Love John.

Welcome to 8wayrun! It's good to have you, you seem like a fun person XD
In terms of any fighting games really, I'm no pro. Hell I cant even do the 236236 motion on street fighter. So SCV is trolling me already :p.
Practice, it's easy once you get it ^_^
And you play Mass Effect? Already cool in my book.

So yeah.

Joined the site because it seems to be the only Soul Calibur fansite going...

Its a pleasure meeting you John. Welcome to 8wayrun!,

As someone who mostly played the earlier games in the series, would you say SCV looks similar to SC2 or SC1 in some ways? or not at all?. Im guessing you are planning on playing SCV right?.

I was always a fan of MK also but unfortunately never got a chance to play the latest one. Why is it brilliant? I've wanted to buy it but never read enough in to it to convince myself.

As someone who mostly played the earlier games in the series, would you say SCV looks similar to SC2 or SC1 in some ways? or not at all?. Im guessing you are planning on playing SCV right?.
To me SCV looks to play differently from any other calibur game. The quick sidestep reminds me more of Soul Blade. Gameplay does look faster like Calibur 1 though.

The newest Mortal Kombat, to me, just does everything right.
Breakers are earnable.
The x-rays - easy to pull off, hard to use effectively.

To top it off - background downloads of balances. The whole "Its not as balanced as..." is just no.

Like I said - not a pro, but try a demo.

Welcome, John. I think that now is a great time to join the community and I look forward to seeing you online.

Hi John!! Welcome to 8wayrun. Only one thing, as you are a casual player i would appreciate if you didn't talk to me since i'm a competitive player. Still, i hope you will find these forums to your liking. Not serious on the don't talk to me moment of my post. :D Welcome to the family man.

Back