Help against Ivy!!!

StarberryBSD

[08] Mercenary
So this is related to that previous match-up thread....

I know that Ivy is a horrible match-up for Kilik..... but it's like I am so helpless against her! And it's not like I don't know what I am doing... (FYI 2500 Wins/1700 Losses on PSN) and I still get my ass kicked.

My current solutions are (None are ideal)

1) Play on a very small stage and get cheap ringouts (I am the king of cheap ringouts!) but then Ivy is pretty good at ringouts too, so that doesn't always work
2) Play on a super large stage and do the venom fang and run away..... except that most Ivy have HP burst, so that doesn't work either
3) Rush in with some form of :6: :K::K: combo, but that often results in a hit in the face
4) Circle around and try to hit her with the :2::K::B: (With surprising range!) which would knock her down and allow me to attach.
5) Block lots, and then at the end of her attack, crouch down and kick her repeatedly. (This is surprisingly effective, I use this against Taki too)

There HAS TO BE A BETTER WAY!!! I am sure just that I am not aware of it!

Cheers,

StarberryBSD

Hey guys look at that n3wb! HP Burst LOL! What a scrub! We should just drive him off the forums with sarcastic and elitist answers to his questions. It's not like our community is struggling and could use new players anyway.

-_-;

StarberryBSD: Most of the people on this forum don't play special versus (at least not competitively) and thus wouldn't really be able to offer you any advice on it. In any case, your problems vs. Ivy(or vs. any character) probably have more to do with your playstyle more than anything, and if you want to learn how to improve in that area I suggest you check out the Soul Arenas - http://www.8wayrun.com/f6/

Can't you read? It's because lots of Ivys have HP Burst. Duh

No one likes a sarcastic douche...leave that to the pros like me buddy. This persons asking a legit question based on their experience level and intent on playing the game...help them.

For starters Special Matches is largely regarded as casula so there's little strategy talked about since it's random and is hardly researched. There's no specific build in mind to counter her directly that comes to mind, so simply stylize to your play style, not hers.

As well online is regarded as flawed since lag is always present and tactics become abusable. I'll help you with some legit stuff and some lag tactics for the sake of counter lag tactics (please don't think they're legit offline).

Now in fighting. Know your spacing. #1 n00bie mistake is to back away. I don't know why this is, but DONT. If she's pushing back with WP, block and run in gradually. The sweet spot with Ivy is usually just outside most of her SW stance moves. WP is too risky, coiled is a lil tight, and SW is out ranged. She's not defenseless but Kilik has enough range to play Ivy in what I would call "close CL range". Be careful though. in SW mode I LOVE to spam 1_2_3B+K after I block a long Kilik string or make it whiff. I will also do this if you start any fancy wake up moves. With kilik just hunt for pokes in this range and don't finish all your strings if they're unsafe. If you keep good spacing her CL punishes are very limited unlike SW stance.

For online. It's an asshole thing to do...but if an Ivy is lag tacticing you Kilik can usually out do her by simply spamming all his low sweeps and that little back dash poke he does at your feet. Toss in a few mid string mix ups and you can shut down Ivy online.

Just try to not fight her in SW range and watch out for SW 1_2_3B+K.

Back