Help deciding

DC97

[10] Knight
So for Christmas I got around $160. Now I'm faced with a decision, should I buy Rock Band 2, an Xbox 360, or a PS3. Now the answer may look obvious to you but here's the problem. I already have one PS3 at my house, so I want another one to use when my uncle hijacks it from me (it's his to begin with). I already have friends on the PS3 and over 12 games so I kind of don't really want a 360, but, being the cheapest console (i have a wii already) it seems like another option. Rock Band 2 is just a game that i want for the PS3. I really need help deciding but I'm already swaying towards the PS3, the only problem with that is, my mom would be forced to pay around $250 dollars for it. With this day and age, I don't think we can afford it right now and I don't want to make my family poor.

Sorry if it's unclear but im basically asking which one i should get. Oh and my mom is fine with paying for the PS3, it's just that I put way too much thought into the after effects.

I would put that $160 in the bank or ask for the remaining amount for a PS3 and then take all of that and put in the bank for a while if possible.

Basically you need to figure out what you really want and which purchase will give you the most enjoyment. One thing I wouldn't buy right now is a console since you have a Wii and a PS3 that you are already using. The X360 is cheaper but why buy one now, plus what is there really that you are dying to play that's not already on the PS3 since you will also have to buy games for it as well?

I thought about buying a X360 since they are cheaper now, but there isn't anything on there that I am dying to play. Plus I won't play it often enough to justify going out and buying another console plus games. If you are looking for a PS3 and your mom is going to front the remaining amount, then do it. That opportunity may not be there in the future so that is one thing to consider. I did that when I got my PS3. I didn't need a console but was paying less then half for one so I took the opportunity to get it.

I'm not sure about RB2. It would depend on how often you are going to play it, who are you going to play it with and if you also plan on buying songs for it. I just couldn't buy a box of fake instruments for that much money because eventually I would stop playing it and would have to sell it. If you haven't already, then find someone who already has it and peep it out.

I would put that $160 in the bank or ask for the remaining amount for a PS3 and then take all of that and put in the bank for a while if possible.

Basically you need to figure out what you really want and which purchase will give you the most enjoyment. One thing I wouldn't buy right now is a console since you have a Wii and a PS3 that you are already using. The X360 is cheaper but why buy one now, plus what is there really that you are dying to play that's not already on the PS3 since you will also have to buy games for it as well?

I thought about buying a X360 since they are cheaper now, but there isn't anything on there that I am dying to play. Plus I won't play it often enough to justify going out and buying another console plus games. If you are looking for a PS3 and your mom is going to front the remaining amount, then do it. That opportunity may not be there in the future so that is one thing to consider. I did that when I got my PS3. I didn't need a console but was paying less then half for one so I took the opportunity to get it.

I'm not sure about RB2. It would depend on how often you are going to play it, who are you going to play it with and if you also plan on buying songs for it. I just couldn't buy a box of fake instruments for that much money because eventually I would stop playing it and would have to sell it. If you haven't already, then find someone who already has it and peep it out.

I'm not really dying to play a game on the X360 because my friend has it and i go over to his house often. He is basically rich and gets every game he wants, so i just go over to his house and leech ooff of him. That satisfies me for a long while.

Now the PS3 is something i've been dying to call my own for more than a year, I love all of it's features and most of all, I don't have to pay for PSN. Wait....I think i just answered my own question.

PS3 here i come!

Back