Help for Taki's Gameplay

kiira

[08] Mercenary
Hey everyone,

Im a new member in this site. I live in Paris and i'm gonna start tournaments of soulcalibur in a month.

I've been playing taki since SC2.
I've also been playing online a lot although i regret it enormously now cause online doesnt teach you to play the game properly.

To cut to the chase i'd like to have some advices to be better with her especially against IVY and Mitsurugi.

Also is it normal to feel powerless sometimes while playing taki ?

What i mean by powerless is:

the opponent can unstun taki's POK
the opponent can interrupte taki's PO, A or B with 2A so how do you wanna step someone if they stop you.

These are two main examples and that's how i don't see what is there to do more with taki if this is not guaranteed ?

For both characters id say the first step should be to go to practice mode and thouroghly learn their movesets. With any character knowing which attacks hit where and how they look can give you a huge advantage. As far as mitsu, make sure to side step a lot since its really a great method of evasion. He has some really annoying moves where he moves back first. Just be careful and watch for moves like that. With ivy just learn her moves as well as you can and try to see which moves are punishable, etc. My brother always plays as ivy and the reason I've been able to do well against ivys is because I know their moves.
It gets really frustrating when people shake POS K but there are a lot of combos that don't rely on it (POS hover B, CH88A, etc)
As far as opponents getting you with low moves during POS try switching it up often with POS 8K because it is a tech jump. Try switching things often with the POS sidestep, POS rush, hover, the fake hover, etc. Just to make it harder for your opponent to predict your moves.

Taki's a great character, I love using her. Just learn all her moves. Specially handy is B+K during possession.

Back