help me choose a character :(

ixEvolutionz

[08] Mercenary
Hi i used to main Xiba then i always got my butt kicked with him. Sometimes i feel like im not good with him because when a good player comes in I always lose..I wanna pick a character that's super easy to learn but has very good offense and mix up game. I was thinking Lexia but there's tons of good Lexia's out there that i know i cant beat.. help please!! ;(

Well I picked Mitsurugi for pretty much those reasons. Relatively easy to learn, does good damage, has some good pokes and decent enough mixups. Plus Future Press released Mitsu's portion of the guide for free, so you can read that to get an idea on how to play as him.

Raphael. He's fast, easy to use and his combos are not hard (if only very context sensitive). Damage output is great and he doesn't have a whole lot of moves to learn. Easy to pick up, but difficult to master.

If you want easy to use, look no further than Patroklos and Pyrrha. Both of them are looking to be pretty good contenders as far as I, and others can tell.

Look at the menu where you see the characters' stats. You should choose a character that has a high level of "Ease of Use." It's really important that you like the character or you won't be committed...or the character can annoy the crap out of you and you'll be bored with the game.

Start to learn the game mechanics with Patroklos, Pyrrha, and Ezio.

Once you know how to properly use those mechanics, and get better, you can move onto someone else that you are interested. For example, Cervantes has an interesting style, but a new player may not be able to use him properly.

I think Pyrrha is a great character, so far she's my favorite. I think Mitsurugi and Omega Pyrrha are also very good for learning. HOWEVER, it takes much more than just choosing the right character. Are you blocking enough? Do you know what a brave edge is? Can you correctly combo a critical edge? Can you break throws?

Back