Help me work on my def!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flyswatter

[08] Mercenary
My offense is alright by my def is horrible! I always seem to let go of block at the wrong time, or attempt to return an attack only to be destroyed for letting go of the block button...

Any of you guys have any advice?

PS: for those of you on XBL do you use the d-pad or the stick?

Learn every character.

I'm serious (to an extent). If your defense is suffering it usually means that you don't know the basics of each character. You don't have to know how to play them, you just need to learn what to expect.

For example, Xiba has a lot of strings. Learn how to block or punish his 6AK, 6BK, etc.

You can either go into training mode or get matchup experience. Either way, its a learning process so don't expect to know/win everything off the bat.

I don't really feel like your question belongs in the Ezio Soul Arena since you aren't asking anything related to Ezio. Sora gives solid advice though and it's something you should probably be doing since it seems your main problem is just a lack of match up knowledge.

Grazie Sora appreciate the advice. Apologies Juece, I suppose I should have been more specific.

In terms of issues with Ezio directly I find when fighting a lot of other chars, Asty for instance, I will have difficulty closing distance, I 'll end up getting hit before I can get to him or just end up blocking while my guard meter suffers. For other chars like say Natsu I'll find that I have issues trying to start an attack after blocking a string of hers, even my AA will get interrupted. I also find that I get served a lot of pain while trying to take advantage of Ezio's counter moves (bad timing).

I think I will take Sora's advice and just go through every char in training mode I can attempt to memorize some of the movement patterns. :P

This applies to all players, but Learn Just Guard. It will pay off big time. Just look at some of Ramon's Ezio vs Jaxel's Xiba. The JG on Xiba's attack granted Ramon a free BT B+K combo for JG'ing the string.

Getting to training mode to practice all the characters is an amazing idea to learn common attacks the opposing player may want to do.

Also, know your basic block punishes:
i13 CE or 2A
i14 NONE
i15 6B, 6B BE, 2K, WR K
i16 1BBB, BB, BB BE

Grazie Sora appreciate the advice. Apologies Juece, I suppose I should have been more specific.

In terms of issues with Ezio directly I find when fighting a lot of other chars, Asty for instance, I will have difficulty closing distance, I 'll end up getting hit before I can get to him or just end up blocking while my guard meter suffers. For other chars like say Natsu I'll find that I have issues trying to start an attack after blocking a string of hers, even my AA will get interrupted. I also find that I get served a lot of pain while trying to take advantage of Ezio's counter moves (bad timing).

I think I will take Sora's advice and just go through every char in training mode I can attempt to memorize some of the movement patterns. :P

Well if you have character specific problems then you can hit up the match up thread and see if it has anything that can help you out. I'll give you some tidbits about the Asta match up though, the trick to playing against Asta isn't to necessarily try and close the distance with Asta but to make him come to you. I've played a lot against a great Asta player (Xeph) and I found that when I would try and forcefully make my way in I would usually eat the most damage. I learned that if you backstep and harass him with your crossbow then he has no choice but to come to you. Just learn when the best time to use cross bow is and you will do fine.

I'll try and get some matches with Asta players and upload them for you to see if that will give you some ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back