Help the new hilde player

newbornhilde

[08] Mercenary
Hi fellow hilde players :)
I have played soul caliber for a long time and have recently picked up hilde i was just wondering if you guys could help me out with a few key things.

Firstly could someone tell me the input to korean back dash/wave dash i have seen a few hildes players using this effectively (mainly kamichan).. Also any short cuts tricks to maake it easier?

Secondly: hilde has charge moves as we all know somthing im struggling with is punishing moves while charging or peforming combos.. I'll give an example i have charged C2A if i hit i want to combo with 2a+b or CE however if its blocked somthing i like to do is back step and whiff punish them with C3B.. the problem im having here is if im charging B how can i do 2a+b if i do hit.. Is there a trick to this or is it simply practice or somthing thats impractical and maybe i should use other combos ect... Having same problem say i want to punish with 2a+b but im charging its hard to switch.. any advice please.

last of all im struggling to use 3+b BE in c2b combos.. i mean i can hit it but its seems inconsistent? Is it just a training thing or are there tricks to this.. i can peform ivy FC1b G 1bBE 90% so im finding it confusing why im having so much trouble.. im thinking maybe there somthing im missing?

Thanks in advance for any help :)

welcome friend...as someone whose delved with Hilde I can give you a few tips...however I'm still learning myself...the best people to ask would be @m216xlegendx @Hussler @TheAppleBoom @Runis etc.
anyway to answer the questions that I can answer:

the wavedash is done by pressing 4214214 and so on...however the Princess of Wolkrone has another version of the backdash, courtesy of @Signia which is done by pressing 4bG...this also applies to your sidestep making is safe aswell.

if you can't combo C2A into 2A+B or CE then it sounds like you're doing it too late...or you're charging B so that your desired followup won't happen, if this is the case you can combo into 1KK and keep your B charge.
if you charge B you can't do 2A+B because your B input is already being used...if that makes sense. So it might be just be a case of having to train yourself to use B charges when you think you utmost need them.

3B BE in C2B combos I find extremely difficult, so I never use them. However I think if you practice combo-ing 22B ~ C2B ~ G ~ 3B then perhaps you may get a sense of the timing for it (might start doing myself actually)...so yh this is pretty much a training thing.

just because you can do a difficult combo with one character doesn't necessarily mean you can do difficult combos with others characters...different characters, different string of buttons, hell I can do NM's iagA or his 33B cancel combo or Aeons 33B ~ BT B+K ~ 8B+K ~ 44BAA...but I can't do aPats iST combos

Thanks for replying and for the information especially for wave dash an bG step.. Need to get to training :)
I can do the c2a combos I'm jus struggling if I been charging B aswell.. Same for punishing if I'm charging.
I bought the ivy combo as it's basically the same input and requires you to turn round with tight timing.

Thanks for replying and for the information especially for wave dash an bG step.. Need to get to training :)
I can do the c2a combos I'm jus struggling if I been charging B aswell.. Same for punishing if I'm charging.
I bought the ivy combo as it's basically the same input and requires you to turn round with tight timing.

try not to focus on charging A and B at the same time so much, you'll probably find you're hindering yourself. pick what you think you need charge it then go in or make do. Hilde at her core is probably all about complete character management, you have to know what you want and when you're gonna need it, for e.g. if you're gonna charge A you're probably gonna want to get in close and cop off your opponents step, if you're gonna charge B, for the most part, you wanna space your opponent out and whiff punish. I say for the most part because C1B is a pretty good, albeit linear, poke that hurts the guard gauge...

combo-ing is a lil' simpler this time round as many of her combo-starters have built in delays 22_88B, 3(A), CH (A+B) etc which give you enough time to charge up to C2B and C3A

turning-around combos are different for each character :P Patroklos' 99_33B ~ G ~ CE, Pyrrha's 4B ~ 66B+KAB ~ G ~ CE, NM's 33B GS Cancel ~ G ~ GS B etc each have different timings

I keep saying it but here goes again.
Hilde's s massively affected by the camera.
Camera faults can make things whiff when they shouldn't etc as well as connect when its retarded for it to do so.
Examples:

GI> CE:
If you're point blank an opponents attempt to counter GI swings the camera closer to them and your CE whiffs.

Launch C2B BT K C2B:
Because the camera is following your opponent after the first launch in a certain pattern, the BT K, although air controllable doesn't affect the camera trying to follow. hence the followup C2B will track every direction in the air. It is near impossible to replicate this on subsequent followups however unless you have the right walls nearby to reguide the camera.

shit near walls:
Yeah, stuff whiffs constantly. especially your CE....

Back