Hi everybody!

Yakou

[01] Neophyte
Hi everybody,

I've been watching SCVI gameplay lately, and I really liked what I saw.
I'm a total SC noob though, the last time I've played an SC game was SCIV ten years ago, in a very casual way. I'm usually more a Tekken player, but the last game disappointed me. I really didn't like the armor moves and the 2D mechanics on Akuma/Geese/Eliza. And I don't know how to put this but, it just didn't feel Tekken enough for me anymore.

I intend to download SCV on PS3 tonight to get used with how SC feels and plays. Hopefully, my PS3 still works ^^'. I'm highly anticipating Setsuka's return in SCVI *fingers crossed*, I love everything about her, but I read she and Alpha Patroklos were high execution characters. So I think it would be more smart to start the game with more easy/straight forward characters. Would Ivy, Maxi, Xiba and Leixia be good choices for a beginner ? I like them =). And how is online in this game ? Is it good ? Are there people still playing the game ?

Thank you for the attention you will accord to my post. :)

PS: English is not my first language so sorry for the possible mistakes I wrote/will write !

Id recommend just playing whoever you like tbh. If you really want a beginner friendly character Pat/Pyrrha stuff like that

Hi everybody,

I've been watching SCVI gameplay lately, and I really liked what I saw.
I'm a total SC noob though, the last time I've played an SC game was SCIV ten years ago, in a very casual way. I'm usually more a Tekken player, but the last game disappointed me. I really didn't like the armor moves and the 2D mechanics on Akuma/Geese/Eliza. And I don't know how to put this but, it just didn't feel Tekken enough for me anymore.

I intend to download SCV on PS3 tonight to get used with how SC feels and plays. Hopefully, my PS3 still works ^^'. I'm highly anticipating Setsuka's return in SCVI *fingers crossed*, I love everything about her, but I read she and Alpha Patroklos were high execution characters. So I think it would be more smart to start the game with more easy/straight forward characters. Would Ivy, Maxi, Xiba and Leixia be good choices for a beginner ? I like them =). And how is online in this game ? Is it good ? Are there people still playing the game ?

Thank you for the attention you will accord to my post. :)

PS: English is not my first language so sorry for the possible mistakes I wrote/will write !
Welcome to the site. Nice to see you are excited for the release of SCVI.

For your questions about SCV: You can use anyone you like. Some characters are harder to to use than others but with enough time and practice you can quickly get into them. The online for the game is alright, but it does have it’s hiccups here and there occasionally. Some of us still play the game though not much of us atm. If you’re looking for people to play SCV with, you can always join the discord server and ask for matches there. I’m sure people in there would be more than happy to play and help you. You can also go to the Soul Arena of who you use for advice and tips.

Thank you for your answers. =)

So I started playing the game and I'm having a hard time adjusting. I know it's gonna take some time but I'm ok with that.
I think I'm gonna focus on Leixia first, I really like her fighting style:sc5lei1:. Her character specific section seems to be very complete so I'm gonna spend some time reading it !

I have a question regarding in-game command list. Are there some moves missing like in Tekken ? Because I saw a match where Leixia cancelled her wcA+B, and this move is not mentionned in her movelist.

Back