Hilde Combo discussion

Ceirnian

[11] Champion
Post up what you find here, I don't have the game but from the times I have played I've found the following.

c2a 1kk
22b c2b g c3a
22b CE
[a+b] c2b c3a
[a+b] CE
66b 66k
66b BE c2b g c3a (saw computer do this combo in old build, timing might strict not sure)
66b BE 66A+B
c1a !W c3bba
A+G BE CE

Need more testing
3[a] c2b g c3a sometimes works, not sure whats up with it.
3b BE followup, sometimes 66a+b worked but there has to be better.

Should be a decent start for now till people get their hands on the game.

c2a CE (92 damage)
a+g BE !W 3ba (68 damage)
a+g BE !W c1a 3ba 9\(77 damage)
a+g BE !W c1a 3b BE c2b_c3b (100 damage)
a+g BE !W c1a 6bbb (88 damage)
a+g BE !W c2a 1kk_CE (83 _116 damage)

22b c2b g B+K c2b (106 damage)
CH [A+B] c2b g B+K c2b (100 damage)
66b BE c2b g B+K c2b (gave up, dont feel like grinding away till it works)
-I cannot for the life of me figure out why the B+K will not AT every time. If someone finds out how to make the B+K go into the full animation every time this will become the standard unless something better is found.

needs more testing, maybe i f'd up settings
4kk(only if 2nd hit connects) c2b g c3a 2k (92 damage)

well i noticed something with B+K. is that sometimes it has "clean hit." bonus for signature moves. maybe that has something to do with it?

also .. her a+g BE can be done by pressing all 4 buttons at the same time. like GABK

tech trap. 22b c2b g c3a: 3b a c1b
: 3b BE c2b
might also work with CH [A+B] but idk how to operate training mode yet lol.
also, it does really work unless the opponent is close to you after c3a. i know 22b makes them slide backwards at the end of the combo, making the trap possible

edit : this trap works 75%. does NOT work if they tech left. back, front and right it does work.

It will clean hit and not connect still so I don't think that is it. I'll work more at it more later today, maybe a good break from the game will shed some light on the B+K mystery.

[edit] 3[a] c2b g c3a 2k is for some stupid reason stage specific, just saw it in the guide. This has to be the dumbest thing I've seen in awhile. I will have to go through each stage just to figure out when i can use 3a, otherwise from what I can tell so far this is no other followup. Lovely.

I can't get B+K to work in combos either... I've managed to get it to activate the throw just once when I wasn't paying attention lol.

Also 66B to 66K seems inconsistent or is very character specific. I've been using 66B to 1B instead.

Has anyone hit this combo yet?: 22B, C2B, G, 3B BE, G, C2B, G, 3B BE, C2B, G, 3B BE, C2B

I can get up to the first 3B BE and then but I can't seem to turn around fast enough to get out C2B for the relaunch. This combo is from the strategy guide.

yikes... looks hard to do. i tried that before but since the BE didnt do the animation, i figured it wasnt worth it, but nice post

22B,lv2 release B works as a meterless combo. I can sometimes get more stuff to work after that but nothing consistent yet.

edit: I'm getting 22B, lv2 release B, some move to hit them DIing(turn around K is working so far), lv3 release A to work pretty consistently against players

22B,lv2release,5A,3BA seems to work alot too. Note I'm not in training mode I'm only in versus so I can't check all possible DI's out.

Valei, I'm pretty sure that combo doesn't work anymore. Either that or I suck, because after the 3b BE bounce I have never gotten it to relaunch with c2b. I wonder if they took it out of the final game.

What I found with the B+K is kind of weird. I was able to get it fairly consistently from CH [A+B] c2b B+K c2b. If you look closely at the animation when the first c2b hits one of two thing can happen. You can get a "solid" hit that looks like you hit them right in the gut with the spear, or you can hit then while they are facing down. if you get a solid hit the character will be launched lower and it will be harder to turn around and B+K, but when you scoop them up before they hit the ground it will turn into a throw. I don't know if that makes sense but if you try it enough you will start to see it.

I could not recreate the "solid" hit with 22b or 66b BE into c2b, so I'm not sure there is a way to make it consistent but whatever. It's day two so we'll figure it out eventually.

@ ShinsoBEAM Just do 22b c2b g c3a 2k.

3[a] C2B g C3A works just fine, the timing on releasing the C2B is pretty strict though.

3B BE C2B is decent damage and one I can do reliably, but it doesn't relaunch so that loop that Valei posted doesn't work. That, or the timing for landing the C2B to get it to relaunch is really really specific.

I've been trying 3B BE C3B but it's weird, I kinda have to take a little step in order for it to hit them as they're landing, and then the followup on the ground. At least 3B BE C2B it comes out faster and it'll bounce them up, also it's much more reliable than the C3B version.

@Ceirnian, any way we can combo into the 3B BE well? Also, do we have any guaranteed guard break followups?

Ohh I get it C2B is lv 2 charge B...sorry, not used to SC notation yet. normally I see release moves like ]B[ or something. Okay now I get what you guys are talking about and that would explain why i couldn't hit crouching 2B.

Ceirnian, yeah I haven't hit the relaunch either I either miss the C2B or the camera screws up and nothing happens. I wish Future Press had a video of it.

As for B+K I'll have to give the animations a look over. You are probably right about the stab animations and the height of launch. Or maybe it has to do with the angle? With 22B you have to side step a little and it hits them on the side. With CH(A+B) you hit them from a stun maybe that's why it's more consistent? I don't know... back to the lab.

3[a] c2b does not work every time. Try going to different stages and spamming the combo abunch. If you can get it 100% of the time on the majority of stages then I'll concede that I'm wrong.

Also if you can get it when the opponents back is to the wall that would be cool.

I could do the one that Valei posted up to 2 reps after a few tries. I think it's possible to do the full thing, the timing is just hard. It did 112 damage up to 2 reps, and 22b, ce is kinda the same in damage, so I don't think its really worth it actually.

If possible post a video up of the combo, there must be some kind of timing issue we haven't gotten then. If you can relaunch after 3b BE then it at least would be more worth it to do for other things.

Ok spent some time in the lab going over B+K and the long ass combo BE combo.

B+K: I think there is some sort of trigger to make it clean hit. If you do the move alone without hitting anything Hilde some times spark blue and the Clean hit will pop up on the screen. I tried pressing buttons too. If you tap B after doing B+K sometimes she will spark blue and Clean hit will come up twice on the screen. The move is still a mystery though I still can't get the air throw activate any more frequently. I noticed that it activated when the launched character was higher after 22B BUT after CH (A+B) it activated more frequently when the character was lower to the ground... its really freaking odd.

BE relaunch combo: I got 2 reps as well before dropping it. The timing gets more strict the longer you do it. The hardest part for me is using G to turn around. I usually miss the third rep trying to turn around to fast and end up doing C2B in the other direction. You gotta get a rhythm going with G and C2B. Anyway I think it is doable but definitely not the most practical combo. Sometimes it doesn't matter if you press G because the camera goes crazy *probably has something to do with the infinite stage I was on* Also if you C2B closer to a wall the BE 3B will Air throw like its supposed too thus ending the loop.

Those are my lab notes for today. I'm about done fiddling with B+K too random. I will continue to practice the BE Launch combo though because it's fun.

oh i thought the 3b be combo was based on it throwing. nevermind, yeah screw that unless there is a way to get amazing damage from just 1 be.

Hello all! I've been a Street Fighter/MvC3 player for a very long time. I've also been in a few tournaments.
With Soul Calibur V release, i've decided to give it a try and damn, i love this game! I've been playing SCIV alot also with Siegfried but when SF4 hit the shelves, i stopped playing it. For SCV, i've decided to pick up Hilde and man she is freaking awesome and hot! Her mole makes her even more sexy lol.

c2a CE (92 damage)
a+g BE !W 3ba (68 damage)
a+g BE !W c1a 3ba 9\(77 damage)
a+g BE !W c1a 3b BE c2b_c3b (100 damage)
a+g BE !W c1a 6bbb (88 damage)
a+g BE !W c2a 1kk_CE (83 _116 damage)

22b c2b g B+K c2b (106 damage)
CH [A+B] c2b g B+K c2b (100 damage)
66b BE c2b g B+K c2b (gave up, dont feel like grinding away till it works)
-I cannot for the life of me figure out why the B+K will not AT every time. If someone finds out how to make the B+K go into the full animation every time this will become the standard unless something better is found.

needs more testing, maybe i f'd up settings
4kk(only if 2nd hit connects) c2b g c3a 2k (92 damage)

I'm quite familar with SC terms but what is !W ?? Thanks in advance for the reply. Time to hit the lab and learn those combos!

It means wall splat, but i think people use !W. I always forget of the exclamation comes first or second but its a nonissue really.

Been at work in training mode. Here's a long list of combos and their variations, as well as some notes on the moves.

Those in red are the most damaging variations of core combinations; those in green and are not the most damaging but are still what I consider to be essential combos. Likewise, bolded and coloured combos are what I consider to be essential. As a disclaimer, I have never played a Soul Calibur game competitively before V, so I apologize if the combos in green aren't good or practical. All of these combos were tested on Kilik, and the damage listed is the damage without any Clean Hits involved.

1 B is not safe on block.

22_88 B is very safe on block and is relatively easy to land in an 8 Way Run, setting up for a lot of Hilde's more damaging combos.

=====================
Combo 1
=====================
3 B~A, 44 K
3 Hits. ~48 Damage.
Works even if the opponent is against the wall. 11_77 K do not work.

3 B~A, (B) Stage 1
3 Hits. ~62 Damage.
Does not work if the opponent is against the wall. Works only when the opponent lands far; if not, then use 44 K or 66 A+B.

3 B~A, 11_22_33 B+K
3 Hits. ~48 Damage.
Works even if the opponent is against the wall.

3 B~A, 236236 A+B+K
3 Hits. ~69 Damage.
Works even if the opponent is against the wall. Uses meter. Hard to land. Doesn't do much damage for its cost. Stay away.

3 B~A, 66 A+B
3 Hits. ~57 Damage.

66 B, 11_44_77 B
2 Hits. ~36 Damage.
Works even if the opponent is against the wall. Use to create distance.

====================
Combo 2
====================
(B) Stage 2, G~(A) Stage 3
5 Hits. ~70 Damage.
Works even if the opponent is against the wall. Can ring out the opponent on the 4th/hit under the right circumstances (Strange how most of the time it doesn't. I don't know why that's the case). Doesn't seem practical to use in a real game due to the need to charge two attack buttons. But perhaps if you can use kicks well, then it is worth a shot.

(B) Stage 2, G~(A) Stage 3, 1 B / 2 B / 2 K
6 Hits. ~76 Damage.
Works even if the opponent is against the wall. Can ring out the opponent on the 4th/hit under the right circumstances (Strange how most of the time it doesn't. I don't know why that's the case). Doesn't seem practical to use in a real game due to the need to charge two attack buttons. But perhaps if you can use kicks well, then it is worth a shot.

=====================
Combo 3
=====================
22_88 B, (B) Stage 1
3 Hits. ~75 Damage.

22_88 B, (B) Stage 2
4 Hits. ~71 Damage.

22_88 B, (B) Stage 2, (A) Stage 1
5 Hits. ~83 Damage.
Works even if the opponent is against the wall. Can ring out the opponent on the 5th hit under the right circumstances.

22_88 B, (B) Stage 2, (A) Stage 2
5 Hits. ~81 Damage.

22_88 B, (B) Stage 2, G~(A) Stage 3
6 Hits. ~95 Damage.
Works even if the opponent is against the wall. Can ring out the opponent on the 5th/6th hit under the right circumstances.

22_88 B, (B) Stage 2, G~(A) Stage 3, 1 A / 2 B / 2 K
7 Hits. ~97 Damage.
Works even if the opponent is against the wall. Can ring out the opponent on the 5th/6th hit under the right circumstances.

22_88 B, (B) Stage 2, G~(A) Stage 3, 1 B
7 Hits. ~100 Damage.

22_88 B, 11_44_77 K
3 Hits. ~62 Damage.

22_88 B, 66 A+B
3 Hits. ~67 Damage.
Doesn't always work when the opponent is against the wall. It's especially risky to use against the wall in a stage like Patroklos' (Free Imperial City Center) where you can overshoot the wall and ring yourself out.

22_88 B, 236236 A+B+K
If done with not-so-correct timing.
3 Hits. ~81 Damage.
If done with correct timing.
7 Hits. ~113 Damage.
Works even if the opponent is against the wall. I find it strange how her Critical Edge can still deal maximum damage against the wall when it is done after 22_88 B. Read the Guard Impact section to see what I mean.

=====================
Combo 4
=====================
3 B~A+B+K, 11_22_33 B+K
5 Hits. ~68 Damage.
Works even if the opponent is against the wall. Can ring out the opponent on the 1st hit under the right circumstances.

3 B~A+B+K, (B) Stage 1
5 Hits. ~83 Damage.
Can ring out the opponent on the 1st/5th hit under the right circumstances.

3 B~A+B+K, (B) Stage 2
6 Hits. ~82 Damage.
Can ring out the opponent on the 1st hit under the right circumstances.

3 B~A+B+K, (B) Stage 3
6 Hits. ~80 Damage.
Can ring out the opponent on the 1st hit under the right circumstances.

=====================
Combo 5
=====================
(A) Stage 3, 1 B
3 Hits. 71 Damage.

=====================
Combo 6
=====================
(B) Stage 2, (A) Stage 1
3 Hits. ~54 Damage.
Works even if the opponent is against the wall. Can ring out the opponent on the 3rd hit under the right circumstances. Useful if you didn't charge A before you landed the attack.

===============
Off-the-Wall Exclusive Combos
===============

3 B~A, 1 A
3 Hits. ~44 Damage.

3 B~A, 1 B
3 Hits. ~48 Damage.

3 B~A, 3 K
3 Hits. ~42 Damage.

3 B~A, 44 B
3 Hits. ~45 Damage. Puts distance between you and your opponent.

=====================
Guard Impact Notes
=====================

Guard Impact to Critical Edge (4 A+B+K, 236236 A+B+K) will only work if you are really precise in the Critical Edge timing.

Hilde's Critical Edge does 95 damage when the opponent doesn't hit the wall during the Critical Edge animation. If the opponent does hit the wall, Hilde's Critical Edge will only do 69 damage.

This applies only when her Critical Edge is used after a successful Guard Impact.

Therefore, if your opponent is against the wall when you Guard Impact them, it may be harder to do, but doing 3 B~Brave Edge, (B) Stages 1 / 2 / 3 (3 B~A+B+K, (B) Stages 1 / 2 / 3)will do more damage: about 80 damage. This is a better use of the meter.

Likewise, this also requires a really precise timing after a Guard Impact otherwise the opponent can block.

=====================
Gimmicks / Shenanigans
=====================
66 B, 66 A+B, Grab

66 B, 66 A+B (whiff), Grab (Especially B+G)
Can ring out the opponent in the right (rare) circumstances. Give it a try :). It will get old real quick though.

66 B, 66 A+B (whiff), B+K
Very situational but may work against those who think you messed up your execution and are now vulnerable. Fast moves like Aeon's 4 B will clash with your attack.

Back