Hilde Combo discussion

Can someone explain the second combo Runis mentioned please - It doesn't seem to link for me....

=

I meant C2A 4A. Its a gimmick not an actual combo. If you don't do the 4A you can link the C2A into a back throw for lulz.
C2A 4A ends on +8 with you standing in their face, so unless they spam patsuka CE or duck, its break a or die.
CH [A+G] C2A only works if the [A+G] hits them back turned.

5x C2B Loop - getting there with Hilde.....

Ive seen this before. After being looped the mind doesnt know what to do. So it shuts down and the opponent quits. This is typical to severe looping trama. The cure is to stop play sc5 for 5 mins.

Btw the loop is easiest on astaroth. Dont even really have to time the c2bs. Just keep them high up in the air. Go into practice mode and start looping pyrrha. Then you know your loops skills are ready. Impressive none the less.

Ive seen this before. After being looped the mind doesnt know what to do. So it shuts down and the opponent quits. This is typical to severe looping trama. The cure is to stop play sc5 for 5 mins.

Btw the loop is easiest on astaroth. Dont even really have to time the c2bs. Just keep them high up in the air. Go into practice mode and start looping pyrrha. Then you know your loops skills are ready. Impressive none the less.

Thx buddy - I know what you mean, some characters require different C2B timings and patterns, in terms of C2Bing early or late etc - I find the third or fourth C2B can require a latish imput on some characters - I also find the loop feels slightly different depending on what combo starter you use (22/88B, 66B~BE, CHA+B etc) or if C2Bing from itself.

Im hoping to put a decent combo up soon with a huge loop and BE's ending in either C3A or CE~2K!

is the C2B loop still do-able? i can't seem to ever land it, or the 3b BE one the impaling animation doesn't work :/ any trick to it?

Yes it is still do-able-(see my comment above) - make sure you release and re-hold B immediately to ensure a higher success rate - also the way you use G when doing the loop is important you may want toplay around with your control setup to find something that is comfortable, you could also try holding and releasing both B and G together (therefore turning around and releasing your C2B at the same time) - hope this helps..

Its a very Weird combo you will get it after a while think much before the timing of the C3A. I use the holding down G and B and releasing method find it easier but tapping G does seem to get you to turn around faster

i was able to do 2 c2b s and lost animation on the 3rd, had B+G set to triangle because it wasn't fast enough to tap on R2, i have hope now Thanks Caspian :] but it's not fair for it to be so strict >.<

i also worked out one wall combo A+G BE+66b BE cA+B c2A 2A+B for 119 damage depending on wall may get 121 it uses one meter you can replace 66b BE with 6K and get 107 damage but only half meter, are there other ones that don't use C2B loop?

and if you replace the last 2a+b with a throw it gets you 134 damage, I could swear I got 165 one time but I couldn't reproduce it

if you use 6k instead of 66b BE to combo and delay the throw a bit at the end you get 154 damage O.o so:
A+G BE 6K CH[A+B] C2A ~ B+G

8N2AzWG

Last edited:
The boost in damage you saw is you doing the throw after the C2A's hit stun has finished. Technically they could duck it at that point, and its about a one frame difference or something.
You can do C2A CE for added trolls if you wanted.
If you were amazing at the C2B loop I think you can do A+GE W! C2B G C2B C3A W! [A+B] C2A CE x2 (CE Tech trap CE) at 2 bars thanks to the bonus meter the C2B loop builds. Completely over the top but if its a last round thing to kill them out, and you can do it. Why the hell not.

The boost in damage you saw is you doing the throw after the C2A's hit stun has finished. Technically they could duck it at that point, and its about a one frame difference or something.
You can do C2A CE for added trolls if you wanted.
If you were amazing at the C2B loop I think you can do A+GE W! C2B G C2B C3A W! [A+B] C2A CE x2 (CE Tech trap CE) at 2 bars thanks to the bonus meter the C2B loop builds. Completely over the top but if its a last round thing to kill them out, and you can do it. Why the hell not.
yeah figured it out but still it was added to damage combo sometimes as a full 167 damage (154 for this image)
IMG_20130819_131835.jpg

i trained at the C2Bs and found it indeed faster to tap guard alone, had to reconfigure my controller and train with it :P B to Triangle and Guard to Circle it's relatively easier now, not as a B+G, pulled it off twice online but only four C2Bs so far the fifth always launches the opponent to my side out of weapon range, i believe it has to do with when exactly are you turning back sometimes.

5x C2B Loop - getting there with Hilde.....
May i ask how did you get to display Hilde's full name? :D
watching this video again i noticed how the loop circles you on stage which explains why i get opponents to my side all the time, apparently it isn't linear most of the time and Guard timing is as crucial as the B itself >.<

Here it is at 0:59 :

Last edited:
well i managed to get 7 loop today :) so not anything to do with ps3 :P ill upload the vid once i cut out all the fail attempts

7 is the max I think, then they stop launching and just flp to the ground.
If you know the trick there is a way to reset the air launcher count but its a literal reset and they'd have to not be trying to get up or hold block the entire time.

here is my 7 C2B loop managed to get 8 before but did same thing on last C2B second hit whiffed :)

Back