Hori SCV stick cheapy cheapy at Newegg

Wasn't able to get on this deal in Canada, but gamestop has a sale going on too (both consoles afaik).

Thanks for the share.

Which on is better? This one, or the Madcatz one?

Please tell me that was a joke :|

MadCatz products make Apple products look phenomenally expensive to manufacture and extremely well-made by comparison. If the Hori is in *ANY* way inferior to the MadCatz one, I'll...continue doing what I was doing.

Please tell me that was a joke :|

MadCatz products make Apple products look phenomenally expensive to manufacture and extremely well-made by comparison. If the Hori is in *ANY* way inferior to the MadCatz one, I'll...continue doing what I was doing.
I'm not a magician. I can't tell anything by this statement, since I don't know what your opinion on apple products is, and even if I did, your writing is extremely ambiguous.

Which on is better? This one, or the Madcatz one?
They're pretty much the same. (Haven't heard anything about the fancy MC sticks sucking.) Madcatz has a longer cord. The Hori has a flip cover for the start button.

Otherwise, they both use essentially the same Sanwa parts.

Parts are same quality but I prefer the Hori based on the generous wrist space and the flip cover start button makes me feel like I'm initiating a fancy launch sequence.

MadCatz products are not completely shit. Before SF4, yes. But ever since they made that Tournament Edition SF4 stick, MadCatz has gotten serious about making good sticks and they are legitimate now. People who say otherwise are elists who haven't even touched a modern MadCatz stick. It's hard to say which one is truly better now. Hori and MadCatz both offer cheap-type sticks (average $50, but you get what you pay for) and high-quality-type sticks (solid but average $150), all of which are about the same quality and price whether you go MadCatz or Hori. If I remember correctly though, MadCatz sticks are actually easier to mod. (but I'm not a modder so I don't know for a fact)

The only difference between their offerings is that Hori also offers super-high-quality-but-also-super-expensive sticks. ($200+) whereas the highest-quality thing MadCatz offers is their Tournament Edition line. ($150)

Hori's are typically $130-$150. The only time I see $200 for one is for an out of production model from dirtbag speculators on Amazon.

Back