Hori Stick Blues

Cloud073

[08] Mercenary
How do you guys use your Hori stick? Do you play with it on your lap or on a table? How do you hold the stick?

I've had mine for a month and just can't quite get the hang of it. I hold the stick like a shift knob, but I get a hand cramp after a while, and my double directional inputs, such as 44 or 11 are really slow. I love the buttons, even though they seem not as responsive as the control pad. Really my only problem is the stick. Help me out!

Lap or Table depends on where i sit. it took me 2 years to get to be able to use my stick well and im still not as good as i was on pad.

bad buttons would make it seem like they dont have a good response but sticks are equall to if not better than any pads buttons.

I hold it similar to Posession's pic... only between my first and middle fingers... similar to holding a pencil... and I'm fine with it on my lap... now if only I could get my PS2 Tekken Hori stick to work on my 360... /sigh.

I finally got a Hori stick yesterday and I didn't realize until I had my hands on it how much I missed having a joystick. I learned how to play fighting games on a stick, and moves like Setsuka's Silver Moon combos were just not going to happen on a D-Pad. Now that I have a stick again, it comes out on command.

Keep working with it. It takes a while to get used to, but once you are, you'll wonder how you ever did without.

I bought my Hori as soon as VF5 was released on 360. I've been using it on SCIV as well and still have not had any issues with it. Oh, did I mention that my 22 month old has dropped it numerous times. I have nothing bad to say about the stick at all.

I usually play with it in my lap or on the floor. I very rarely have a table on hand to use.

You want to keep a rather open hand on the stick to not limit your movement, using the top of your palm and your fingers for movement. Look up various youtube videos for reference. I've played pad and stick quite a lot, and the learning curve for stick was a much more difficult one but it won in the end.

All these tips have helped a lot. I went to play with a group of people in the Cincinnati area, and noticed how they gently moved the stick. I was definitely being too rough with mine which slowed down the speed.

Back