How did you come up with your username?

Norik

[14] Master
A lot of people ask me this in many places. What does your username mean? How did you come up with it? So I decided to make a thread where everyone can participate so that we can know each other a little better.

So I'll start. When I was a kid, I was obsessed about robots, mecha and that kind of stuff. Once they offered Bionicle toys in McDonalds (I think I was like five or six years old), and I fell in love with the series. Fot those who don't know Bionicle is a now defunct line of LEGO toys, and LEGO's first (and successful) attempt to get in the world of action figures.

So anyways, when I was ten, the Bionicle series boomed again, and this time with a more obscure motif and story. In that line, was one of the most badass figure ever made: Norik, the fire warrior. By that time I started entering internet comunities and stuff like that, under the name Norik. Below is a picture of the figure:

Toa_Norik.jpg
Oh, the old times...

So yeah, ever since I've been using this username pretty much everywhere (I still have to find out who the douche bag who took it from youtube and xbox live is...) .

What about you? Where did your username come from? How did you come up with it? I'm particularly curious about some people here, like lasercakes... pretty interesting name you got there, bro.

<Gamertag<myspace profile name<stage name(for my first band)<pen name<nick name<name created on a Gothic name generator (the only legit one I could find).

It didn't make a different name every time I clicked on generate and I liked it.

Basically watch this vid, if you dislike it's explanation of this clan, click the spoiler to read a wall of text.

Okay, I'll ramble bite a lot.

I changed from NamuSkull. Namu because I'm a Yoshimitsu fan that says it a bit. Skull because I'm putting emphasis that I'm a hardcore fan that's full of Namu in this Skull of mine.

Later on, I became Pocky Yoshi just because I grew tired of just being serious and competitive(NamuSkull got old for me) and wanted to be the silly devious fighter that's humble yet competitive once I realized it was fun to use Yoshi in a way to mess with people's heads on what a Yoshi is supposed to attack like(those who fought me at least know what to expect from me).

For those who knew me longer on this site, I used to have an intense liking to Pocky(a snack I loved and still will though not as much anymore) and was colorful with my text to express it(I settled down on colors though). And since Pocky and Yoshimitsu were two separate oddities, I decided to join them as one. So in actuality, I'm Pocky Yoshimitsu. I just shortened it to Pocky Yoshi because I'm pretty much a Yoshi that trolls around but means no harm when chatting to get know my prey-I mean friend. Expect my persona to be that of a Haunter...

And since Pocky and Yoshimitsu were two separate oddities, I decided to join them as one. So in actuality, I'm Pocky Yoshimitsu. I just shortened it to Pocky Yoshi because I'm pretty much a Yoshi that trolls around but means no harm when chatting to get know my prey-I mean friend. Expect my persona to be that of a Haunter...
and all this time I thought you meant something like pocket yoshimitsu. Pocket Chun-Li
tumblr_lf4v1jKsJY1qdlntwo1_400.png

Attachments

• chun-li_big.jpg
    chun-li_big.jpg
    184.5 KB · Views: 443
Back